1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Shifting To Waukegan(need Help To Find Good Elementary School And Apt Near To School)

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by ArchanaMalik, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ArchanaMalik

ArchanaMalik New IL'ite

We are shifting to waukegan from India and we need help to find good elementary school for our 8 yrs old dauhgter and apt near to school. I think first we should select a good school and then we should find a apt near to that school. Could you please also give me a rough idea of rent of 2BHK in school area.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to Indusladies and to Chicago! I am sorry I missed replying to your post earlier.

Waukegan does not have good schools. Vernon hills, Deerfield, Buffalo grove all have excellent schools. So does LIbertyville. Depending on which suburb works for the work commute you can decide.

3. ArchanaMalik

ArchanaMalik New IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear for this wonderful information as I was still struggling to get this info.

My husband office is near to Norman Drive. I believe Libertyville is the nearest place as it is around 6-7 miles from that area.

Could you please let me know which area is better to commute and economical. Also if you can give me a rough idea of rent of 2bhk in those areas.

4. ArchanaMalik

ArchanaMalik New IL'ite

Can we also consider Gurnee.....but I think its an expensive area...right?

5. butterflyice

Go with Libertyville. All the schools there are excellent. Also has a cute little downtown. Rents on 2Bhk might start around 1200USD per month. It's the standard for most decent suburbs. The fancier the building, the higher the rent :) There are websites like Rent.com, Apartments.com which can give you a rough idea. Do visit the apartment before signing up.

Gurnee is not expensive, but schools are not as good as in Libertyville. Rents might be the same as in Libertyville, even if you do find an apartment for lesser rent, I would think it still makes sense to go to Libertyville considering the quality of schools. However does have some Indian population if you are keen on that.

6. ArchanaMalik

ArchanaMalik New IL'ite

Thanks a lot. I was very confused regarding this....and it was very difficult to find these details. Thanks again for your great help.

7. butterflyice

It will take some time to settle down, you will figure things out as you settle down. You are moving in the best time of the year, take things easy.
    Also do not stress on finding an apartment close to school. Most school districts offer free bus service if the apartment is further than 1.5 miles. You can confirm with the school district once you are here.

Let me know if you have other queries/concerns, will try best to address them.