1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Shifting to Shelton , Connecticut from India ... Help Please

Discussion in 'Indians in Connecticut' started by priyaindusladie, Mar 24, 2010.

1. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    My husband is about to travel to Shelton , Connecticut in a week. Can you give me some idea about the place?
    1 ) How about the cost of living in Shelton , CT ? Will it be more expensive or moderate or reasonable ? I am housewife and we have a 3 yr old kid . Will the cost of living be ok with single hand earning here ?
    2 ) Will there be many indians living there ?
    3 ) How about the crime rate ? Is it safe to settle life in Shelton , CT.
    Do kindly give me ur replies friends... waiting eagerly... thx in advance

2. Preethims

Preethims New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I am moving to Shelton in a month and came across your post while searching for Shelton-related info. I realize that you posted your message in Oct 2009. Are you still in Shelton? I would like some details about:

1. Safe residential areas in Shelton.
    2. Public transportation. (It will take me a month or two to get my car, so I am worried about daily commute to work and back)
    3. Indians in Shelton - Indian groceries etc

Thanks in advance!

3. Friend007

Friend007 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am from Stamford. However what I head from friends is that Shelton is a very decent place to live. It's affordable and has good school system.

You will be able to find lot of Indians in this area.

Everybody buys groceries from Norwalk area that is half an hour away from shelton towards newyork.

Let me know if you need any other additional information.

Thanks

4. Preethims

Preethims New IL'ite

Thank you for the reply! I am trying to decide between Shelton and Bridgeport. The main criterion for me is public transportation. I know there is a gbt network that covers these areas. Do you have any idea about its reliability? Can I depend on it during winter?

Thanks once again!

5. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Hi preethi, Shelton is like a village but the neighbourhood is safe and calm. For Indian groceries we used to go bharat bazaar in Boston post road, orange and an Indian store in west haven
    However for in winter u can never rely on public commutation. I feel like without car we r almost like handicapped. If u need further info ask me. I'm ready to help.