Shifting to Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Housing in Abu Dhabi' started by shahnazshakeel, Jan 27, 2009.

1. shahnazshakeel

shahnazshakeel Senior IL'ite

Hello Everybody,

We are currently staying in Dubai. I have a 4 yrs old son going to OOEHS, dubai. WE are shifting to abu dhabi. can somebody pl let me know about good CBSE schools in Abu Dhabi as well as places where the accommodations are cheaper. Would really appreciate the replies from all my friends.

2. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hello Shahnaz

Welcome to AUH.. There a few cbse schools here like ADIS(AUH indian school), Our Own,St. Joseph's, Sunrise, Leens, Wisdom, Indian Islahi, Little Flower etc. Getting admission in a prticular school is uncertain , so to be on the safer side you can apply in more than one school.

Accommodation isnt really cheap here. Rents havent come down even after the recession. You could contact the rental agents. 1 BHK flat rent would start from around 80,000 AED/annum. I guess the rents are almost the same whether you take the flat in the city or outskirts.

3. shahnazshakeel

shahnazshakeel Senior IL'ite

thank you very much dear for your reply. can u please suggest good locality wherefrom the school would be near. and all other day to day necessities are easily available. I plan to put my son isn OOEHS, Abu Dhabi. Any guess as to how is the level of study as compared to OOEHS, Dubai.

4. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

AUh is a small place and easily accessible from any part of the city. School bus will be avaibale , so not to worry about the transportaion. If you are staying in the city , grocery/ saloon/supermarket facilities available all over.Taxis are quite cheap too and few buses are also available.

Regarding the standard of education, I havent heard of any 'good' school here! One doesnt have much of a choice but out of the whole, OOEHS is better, so I've heard.

5. desertdiva

desertdiva Junior IL'ite

hi shahnazshakeel

schoolin is the most difficult thing in here. if u think of the pathetic situation of the school and the difficulties in getting a decent accomodation within ur budget u might not even think of shifting to abudhabi.
    as mentioned. our own school is just ok. same with all cbse schools...