1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shifting of a house after sixty plus is a tough job but its a challenge to do it well

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 30, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

“The old believe everything: the middle-aged suspect everything: the young know everything.”

- Oscar Wilde

Moving from one place to another can be a pain especially when you have a lot of stuff that has to be moved. It is Very Easy to Run Away from Everything, yet Difficult to Wake Up;Don’t Run from Your Life, from Your Duties, from those Around You

Hi friends I am back here to bore you all with my snippet. I was away from IL since Sunday as we shifted to a new rented house as the present rented house has increased the rent and our own house which is under reconstruction is not yet ready. Shifting of the house in old age is very difficult .On Sunday 26th August we shifted to a new rented house as the landlord in the other house increased the rent. That was a very spacious house with two room kitchen and all facilities and kitchen with draws in the platform. Enjoyed in that house Ganesh Chathurthi and Navrathri right in fron t of the house. But what to do had to tell goodbye to that house and the friends there who said they will miss me and I will also miss them.

Goodbyes are not forever.
    Goodbyes are not the end.
    They simply mean I'll miss you
    Until we meet again!
    ~Author Unknown

I started packing everything in advance but still in the last minute there was so much to do. Since my dh was not well I had to do alone. So took my own time. Since I had kept everything separately the packers had easy work just to put it in the box and pack them. On 25th August got the fans removed and the AC. Removing the AC was not so tough but earlier they had removed the window doors and the workers who had come had tough time in fixing it.
    We had taken the new cylinder to the new house for pal kachifying. The old cylinder was about to get over . Luckily it got over only on Sunday early morning. I had just boiled the milk and kept for rice but rice could not be cooked and it got over. A friend of mine helped in makig the rice in her house and also gave sambhar and chips.

My dh had to go tht new house to get the geyser fixed, switch board for computer and washing machine fixed . My son was there but he got a call urgently for a meeting so he had to go. So dh was busy in the new house and I was busy with the packers . Since everything was ready they finished packing in two and half hours and ready to load in the tempo. I told them you have lunch and come by that time my dh an dson will also come. Since son was on his way called my dh’s friend and he and dh got the shippers loaded. I was waiting for my son to come and after he came we went to the new house. The tempo was a big one so though the luggage was too much everyting got loaded in one time only. Dh and friend reached in the tempo by 2.30 or so and by 4 pm we also reached. Still they were unloading. Finally before Rahu kalam we reached the new house.

We stayed in the present house for two lovely years. It was a pleasure staying in this house with so many loving memories I had to take leave of this house. Will write about the teething experience in the new house in another snippet

“So many faces in and out of my life; some will last, some will be just now and then. Life is a series of hellos and good byes, I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again to the friends in the present house and also to the house

2 people like this.

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Re: Shifting of a house after sixty plus is a tough job but its a challenge to do it

Hi Aunty! Glad to give first fb after a looooooooooooong time. Just now logged in and I thought I should take the privilege.

Yeah, rightly said it would certainly be a herculean task relocating from one house to another. But please do not strain yourself. After all, there is no one to question you so things can move at your comfort level.

I know how u enjoyed navrathri at the old house. You will surely miss all that fun but you will always be welcome to join their celebrations this year also. Tho, don't miss that fun ok?

Am sure, this snippet will be followed by your experience at the new place!

wish you and mama the best of everything at your new abode:)

1 person likes this.
  3. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Re: Shifting of a house after sixty plus is a tough job but its a challenge to do it

Ahh i feel bad for one thing..You got to shift again to your own house after its ready..So got to go to through all this again...:-(

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Mallika dear thanks for the first reply and sorry for the delay. From the time I got the internet connectedin this house I had been having problems. Net was not available and so I could not reply, good I phoned and acknowledge your fb. I was also glad to see you here after a long time..

AT this age its really very difficult. Somehow with the help of my son and my maid have some what settled. Taking my own time in rearranging. Whatever is needed for daily use is available .

I know how u enjoyed navrathri at the old house. You will surely miss all that fun but you will always be welcome to join their celebrations this year also. Tho, don't miss that fun ok?

Am sure, this snippet will be followed by your experience at the new place!

wish you and mama the best of everything at your new abode:)[/QUOTE]

5. iyerviji

Yes Insha dear hope God will give strength that time too when we shift

6. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Dont worry vijima..You will gain strength with your happiness in decorating your new home..

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks Insha dear you always inspire with your fb

1 person likes this.