Shifting in 6th month of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Soha, Jun 18, 2007.

1. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

Re: Shifting house at 6th month 1st pregnancy..

as long as you dont exert yourself/strain yourself during the move, the shifting should be totally ok.
    The belief of a pregnant woman not supposed to change houses is due to the physical strain one has to undergo if one is involved in the shifting.
    I shifted house when i was almost 9 mnths.. i didnt do a single thing other than non strenous things like sorting stuff & deciding what goes into what box/where etc. rest was done by my DH & mum & movers did the rest.. nothing happened to me..
    just make sure you arent affected much with the move & over strain yourself,.. if yuo can continue regular activities as you do today even while shifting, then it really shouldnt matter..

enjpy the new place.. it would be so nice to setttle down at the new place before the baby comes , so that you know whats where & what should go where, rather than try to sort it out after the baby is here.. i loved the fact that i could settle and be comfortable at the new place before the lil one arrived..

2. akila2212

akila2212 New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm also in a similar dilemma. We need to change from 1BHK to 2BHK as my inlaws are coming by May.
    Since i'm 5 months pregnant, they are not allowing to change home and I need more personal space+need to setup space for the kid.. Is there any belief that pregnant women shouldnt change home? Also I saw a state law which permits only 2 or 3 persons occupancy in 1 bedroom flat. what if more than so many persons stay? Help me out to make my inlaws understand.

Thanks,
    Akila.

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Akila,

Congrats on your pregnancy dear. Can completely understand your situation. Its not that pregnant women should not change homes or anything. Its just that shifting on your own, though husband is with you, can be a lot more stressful. How about convince them to shift once they are with you? Am sure they will understand the space constraint once they get to your place and with their help, it could be a lot more easier for you.

We are planning on the same now. If my parents or his come here before delivery, they will help us shift. Else we'll have to hire a mover, but no mover will cook and clean for me :-D and help me settle down. If your husband is game with the need for more space, talk to him about it and let him convince his parents. Shifting is a stressful job dear and while you are pregnant, can be double the pain. Hope you sort it our dear.

God bless and loads of baby dust to you.