1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shifted Life- short comedy serial

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILites,

I come to know that you like comic stories very much. So, I have put aside 'Foster mother' for some time and starting this short comedy serial which will be finished shortly. Please post your response which activates me to do better.

Episode 1:

Ramesh and Savitha, both software engineers got married in Madurai and they are so lucky that both got jobs in Bangalore in companies which are located adjacent to each other in the city. After a brief honeymoon at Kodaikanal they are travelling by Madurai- Bangalore Express. Both parents of them had already left for Bangalore to fix a suitable apartment and arrange all things needed to start their life.

Travelling by the train, Ramesh and Savitha start talking about their new life in Bangalore.

Ramesh: Is it not thrilling to think about it, Savi?

Savitha: What is this savi saavi all that? Already my name is short and sweet as Savitha. Why don't you call me like that?

Ramesh (mockingly): O.K, O.K, savithambike!

Savitha: For this Savi is better. Call me savi only.

Ramesh: O.K. let me begin at the beginning. Morning I get up, finish my morning duties and sit on the sofa to read the day's newspaper when you bring nice steaming coffee. Not the instant coffee, but rich brewing filter coffee.

Savitha: What? I have to give you coffee that too filter coffee. Hey, mister don't forget that I am also working and I too have to get ready. What you do is to make the nice coffee, drink it and get me one also.

Ramesh: O.K, don't get angry my darling. For you I will go milk a cow and get fresh milk to make fresh coffee. Only you have to tell me where I can find a cow to milk without getting kicked. Ha ha ha.

Ramesh: O.k, somehow we will settle the coffee issue. Next, I have my bath and get ready when you give me nice breakfast.

Savitha: hey, mister! I have to again remind you that I am also working and I too have to get ready. Breakfast will be on the table.

Ramesh: Oh! ha ha ha (Ramesh laughs loudly). You took it litreally when I said that you give me breakfast menas that you have to serve me breakfast. Let it be on the table and I will serve it myself. But, tell me what will you keep for breakfast on the table?

Savitha: Kellogs' cereals, fruits, bread etc.

Ramesh: No, not cereals again. I thought my bachelor days are over. I thought you will give me soft and steaming idlis with different chutneys.

Savitha (mockingly): Oh! you want idlis. What different chutneys?

Ramesh: Not much. If you can make the regular cocanut chutney, some puthina chutney, kothamalli chutney, onion chutney that is all. Nowdays in all hotels they serve these.

Savitha: It is a good idea. Why don't you go to the nearby hotel and get idlis with all the chutneys as parcel and bring home so that we can have nice breakfast.

Ramesh: O.K, we will sort out breakfast issue also. Next, I start my scooter.

Savitha: Wait a minute. Where from the scooter comes?

Ramesh: Oh! You don't know. Your father offered me dowry for the marriage. I said ' Strictly no dowry please. But, instead get me a scooter and a diamond studded finger ring'.

Savitha: What? My father offered you dowry! What for? had I known before marriage I would have complained to the police and stopped the marriage.

Ramesh: O! savi, please don't be angry. I will return the scooter.

Savitha: What about the diamond studded finger ring?

Ramesh: I can't give it back because it is stuck up on the finger and if at all you ask me to give it back I will lose my finger.ha ha ha.

The conversation continues.....

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
    ritz1 likes this.

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear TDU Sir,

Ofcourse I am always the first one reading your comedy serials or atleast posting here. I really liked this serial, it is starting out really good. :2thumbsup:

Thanks for starting this serial.:-D

3. sandhya19

sandhya19 New IL'ite

hi TDU,
    eagerly waitnig for the next part,where this conversation or rather argument leads to:tongue i guess not to the courtroom,just kidding

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    I liked reading this serial. But I was wondering why Ramesh and Savitha started fighting :icon_frown: soon after the marriage. I can't wait to read the second episode.

5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Thank you madhu, sandhya and sindhuja. This is a comedy and if at all any fight is there between Ramesh and Savitha it is only a 'oodal'. What I wanted to bring is the wrong notions of Ramesh that wife should do this and that forgetting that she is also going for work and how Savitha corrects him. You will find that they will be enjoying their shifted life in Bangalore with some comedy strewn around.

Regards,

TDU