1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shifted Life-Comedy serial part 2

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Savitha: I am sorry, Ramesh. After all you wanted scooter so that you can take me to office and bring back.Don't give back the scooter.

Ramesh: What about the diamond studded ring?

Savitha: We will cut and take it.

Ramesh: What? You will cut my finger?

Savitha: No, buddhu, we will cut the ring.

Ramesh (Heaving a big sigh of relief): O.K, so we go to office by scooter. For lunch, we can go to Woodlands nearby.

Savitha: Ha ha ha, you have been worrying about food only. Your name should habe been not Ramesh but Raman, big Sappattu Raman.

Savitha: We can't afford to go to Woodlands daily. So, we will pack lunch and take it.

Ramesh (eagarly): What will you pack you in lunch?

Savitha: You are again for getting that I am also going to office. So, learn to say we and not you or I.

Ramesh (laughing loudly): If I start telling we for everything it will become like in 'manmatha Leelai' movie. My underwear and banian will become our underwear and our banian. Ha ha ha.

Savitha: ha ha ha, big joke!. For lunch we can pack curd rice and take.

Ramesh: Curd rice down down!

Savitha: What else do you want?

Ramesh: Savi, for this burtha, baingan burtha won't you make? ha ha ha.

Savitha: O.K, we will sort out lunch later.

Ramesh: Then what? we return home in the evening. As soon as we reach home you remove my shoes and get me a hot cup of coffee.

Savitha: Why I should do that? Again you have forgotten that I am also working.

Ramesh: Savi, have you not watched old Tamil movies? They show in those movies exactly like what I told you. Husband returning from office, wife will remove his shoes and give him coffee.

Savitha: I am reminding you for the nth time that I am also working and what they showed in those movies for housewives.

Ramesh: O.K. We will do like this. You remove my shoes and I remove your chappals. How is it?

Savitha (beating her head): Sakikalai!

Ramesh: O.K. we will sort out the shoe business later. Next, we prepare dinner.

Savitha: ha ha ha. Apart from breakfast, lunch and dinner, can't you think of anything else?

Ramesh: Such as what?

Savitha: Do you play chess?

Ramesh: No. I used to play 'Thaya kattam', snake and ladder etc.

Savitha (again beating her head): O.K. I will teach you Chess and we will play.

Like this they dream of their shifted life and the train reaches Bangalore. Their parents receive them and take them to the new apartment in Contonment area. The apartment is good and it is liked by Ramesh and Savitha. They start their dream life after the parents take leave of them. They have a wonderful time together like taking half a day leave on fake grounds and they go and watch the latest Tamil movie. They have an old lady as neighbour who is helpful and both like her very much. One day immediately after coming from office Ramesh goes to the old lady's house.

Ramesh: Paatti for the neaxt two hours don't come to our house.

Paatti is surprised and she asks why.

Ramesh: My boss is visiting us and yesterday for taking half a day leave I told him that you are serious and I had to admit you to the hospital.

Paatti laughs and agrees to his request and she says 'Don't worry I will not come to your house when your manager is there and even if I come I will tell him I am not the neighbour paatti and I am not serious to be admitted to hospital'.

Ramesh (beating his head): paatti don't come at all to my house and don't show your face.

Paatti: Even otherwise I don't show my face since I have this muttakku. Ha ha ha

The manager comes and puts a bombshell.

Manager: Ramesh, we want to run our office 24 hours so that business from U.S can be handled and so from tomarrow onwards you have to work in night shift.

To be continued......

ritz1 likes this.

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    Going great!

3. Tamildownunder

Thank you, Sindhuja. Your appreciation enthuse me to write more and better.

4. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

TDU sir,
    Loved the serial so far. Going great.:yes:

5. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

TDU Sir,
    I just enjoyed reading both episodes.very good, when is next one...
    Tulasi

6. Tamildownunder

Thanks, amdhu11 and Tulasi for your apprciation. Part 3 will be posted today.

7. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

Ha Ha Ha Really Laughable....lots Of Wit And Emotion Mixed..with Humour..ellam Kalandhu Adikkirele Tamildownunder Ayya!!!!

8. Tamildownunder

Thanks, mithili.

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hello TDU,

Shifted life looks very intresting, Late response from my side since was Out of town for nearly 10 days. So had to catch up on remaining part of Galatta Marriage as well as this.

Cheers
    vaidehi

10. Tamildownunder

Thanks, vaidehi