1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She - Final Episode!

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Padma,

I know this is a dialogue betn you and Varalotti, so accept my apologies for butting in. You write very well, I had to run an online dic check on atleast two words in your post. I also like the manner in which you have summed up the story line and charcters. Your comments on single female child syndrome (does one such syndrome really exist) are a bit harsh. But that is my personal opinion, since I am a single, female child.

Your words, style, quotes- all look very familiar and affable.

I will be grateful if u can visit us in the forum Finest Posts of IL and make a nomination of your favourite posts.

regards
    Vidya

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Diwali with SHE

That was a brilliant summing up and a critical analysis. If only I have a critic like you my writing skills will improve dramatically.

Honestly I want to reply to your post line by line. But right now my mind is fully occupied with HE, the next serial, the first episode of which is to be posted soon.

I wish to contend only one point. Shal could not relate to Ramnath in the same way she related to her father for the only reason, Ramnath was overbearing and was trying to force his way of life on Shal. Shiva, Shal's father, on the other hand made her know what is what both by precept and practice.

I don't want to stretch my argument any longer in the anxiety that I might spoil the beauty of your summing up. As Vidya said I too am not comfortable about your views on single child syndrome. I too have a single child and I don't see that kind of effect on her. Given todays pressures every child almost grows up as a single child, fully immersed in its own world of its school and its friends.

As Vidya requested you visit the finest post forum later this day. You will find something pleasantly surprising there.

Thanks once again for the time and for the wonderful critical analysis.

While on this, may I request you, Padma, to shower the same kind of affection on my next serial HE?

regards,

3. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

You guys have rendered me speechless!

Vidya and Sridhar,
    Thanks a ton for your praise. I just wrote what ran through my mind when I read SHE. It could be and I know it is a biased judgement, but i can't help it. I am happy to note that that you dont have the traces of the symdromes I mentioned.
    For the time I spent the day goggling before my pc screen sparing the brain-dead-box(TV), I think i deserve it. I narrated the story to my husband and I made him read my comment before posting for his opinion. And sridhar, my husband too liked Shal.
    I have put a thread(first thread) in snippet of life forum with the heading "Lock and Key"
    Please do read it when you feel like and i value your comments.
    I am too waiting for him(HE) to disturb my sleep.

4. varalotti

Re: HE First Episode

Most Gracious ILites,

The time has come. At last. In a few minutes from now I will be uploading the first episode of HE. As I told you earlier there is a timeline concept in this story. The entire first episode happens in Timeline A.

The second episode will be in Timeline B.

You know how I am feeling now? I had to appear for 9 exams at a stretch for my CA Final. As I am handing over the first episode to you, I have the same feeling when I handed over my completed Accounts Paper (the first exam) to the invigilator.

Please let me know how it has come.

With Festive Greetings and Warm Regards,

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti
    Hmmmmmmmm just no words to praise this SHE:hatsoff:hatsoff
    It was just great. I completed it last night and first thing in the morning I am repling.
    I liked the father character the most the way he makes his kid understand the different pharses in life. Especially the menu one, the way he compares things with life and all
    Contrary to what most men are prone to think, a woman’s first need is not security. It is not even love. It is freedom - the freedom to be truly herself and true to herself. Shiva belonged to the endangered and almost extinct sub-species of men who could really understand what a woman needs.

Father's way of teaching was just great. Felt very sad when he passed away. Leaving poor shal all alone. He was the only person to whom she could speak and get advise.

Shalini's role was great in She it is the life of today's woman.
    Later felt even more bad when I read her life fully jumbbled or messed up. A person who has lived a carefree life is always difficult to adjust to the militrary life, like the one she was going through. Before leaving the house she should have spoken to her FIL if that was so the story would have ended:iagree.

Live in relation 20 yrs back was considered as the biggest crime by a woman but today it is very common. Leave one find another this goes on today without realising the meaning or finding the identity to themself. I have come across some of such ladies I just feel pity for them as they themself mess up ones life.
    I have noticed one thing in life when a couple divorce the 2nd relation is alway miserable I might be wrong too here, as very very few people have a good 2nd relation.
    With all that she went through with Jaggi, Raj Metha and Shylendra feel bad about it as non of them could become atleast a good friend of her's. Yes Shylendra did a lot to her as a good human being even he left her and went off can't blame him as he too had a sad past and went in search of his identity to serve the needy. There are very few people like him in this world today, who help others.
    The last episode making Shalini a mother:bowdown.
    OOOOOOOh what type of a father is Mr. Ramnath??? A son who fulfilled and lived his life the way his father wanted and when this son needed his father the most at that time he kept him in hospice that too as a distant relative???
    You groomed Shalini's character very well in the end making her as a mother. In the end hope she has a peaceful life.

SHE was completely a different story, love stories or crime stories or any other stories
    Getting a female in this character I think this is the 1st book which I have read which is completely different. It was really nice to read.
    Thanks Varalotti for the beautiful stories you are giving us here.

6. varalotti

Dear Aruna,

It was heartening to read your fb on SHE, though I completed the serial more than six months ago.

It is very kind of you to have spared your time to read the entire serial in one go. SHE was actually a concept-serial for me. I wanted to present live-ins, lesbianism from a humanitarian angle, which is totally different
    from the preacher's angle or the moralist's angle.

SHE landed me into a lot of controversies. I know it will be asking too much of you to read the discussion on SHE. But I would suggest that you should read at least the discussion relating to SHE Episode 11. The discussions were hot and threadbare. I want to know your views on that.

Shalini is a debatable character. And I deliberately made her so. She is so different from all the women I have ever met in my life. And yet in her there is the ultimate essence of womanhood.
    I am happy that you liked her character and her characterisation, Aruna.

thanks for the fb,
    regards,

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I wanted to present live-ins, lesbianism from a humanitarian angle, which is totally different
    from the preacher's angle or the moralist's angle.

This is what I liked here the most as in today's life these things have become very common. Here many people havn't come out of they own city and this episode helps them to know all these things too happen in today's world.
    During my stay in Australia I have come across so many lesbians. But what is these people's fault, instead of getting hurt by the men(Pls do not take it personal I am telling in general) these ladies prefered to be a lesbian. I had a neighbour slowly became good friends and when found out why this way when I heard those stories it literally brought tears to my eyes. Until we know this Why?? why they go for live in, or become lesbians we need not think that is wrong. It is human nature we suddenly jump into negetive conclusions.
    Anyway every negetivity has a reason behind it.
    Will go through episode 11 and come back to you.

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

Thank you so much for a beautiful and gripping serial.

I was planning on reading the episodes 13 to 18 tomorrrow only but SHE kept beckoning me. I couldn't resist her call.

These lines were too good.

I now feel that one's situation in life is like one’s class in the school.
    “The only way to get out of a class is to study well, pass the exams and go to the next class. I just ran out my class and so was forced to study in the same class in a lot of other schools.”

The ending was too good. Reading the whole serial without any break , this is how it felt.

The young Shalini, while her mother was alive, like a playful stream
    collecting her merits just as the smooth, rounded pebbles collected by the stream.

Shalini, in her various relationships with men , like a turbulent sea, ever restless and not be able to settle down.

And lastly, the motherly Shalini , like a calm sea that accepts all the rivers that flow into it , taking in Rishi and his two children.

Thanks for all the stories!

9. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    thanks for those kind words. I am really grateful for the time you devoted to this serial and I am happy that I could give a gripping serial to you.

That was a really poetic expression and I do love it. The story is so soaked in your mind that you were able to narrate it in a few lines so interestingly. Thanks again, Usha.
    Looking forward to seeing you in ANOTHER LOVE STORY tomorrow.
    Oh yes and congratulations for finishing the homework on time. 100 out of 100
    regards,

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

It was my pleasure to read SHE. I am looking forward to the new serial.