1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She - Final Episode!

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 22, 2007.

1. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    What a fantastic ending.You have started off showing shal as a strong willed independent woman who was looking out for something elusive.Her search brought her through life's experiences to realise where her responsibilities lay. The grand finale shows her as a part of Goddess Meenakshy. I was mesmerised by the ending.
    Regards,
    Meenu

2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Good to know that Shalini has atlast found her identity. I feel bad that she did not realise that motherhood was what she wanted in the first place and had to go through a lot to get there...

Wish you a safe journey and a wonderful time in the US. If you are in and around the Detroit area, please let me know.

-Gayathri.

3. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,
    Its incredible........
    I could not imagine this type of ending of this story.
    Really I feel so relaxed after reading the final episode of this story.......
    While reading I thought of another alternative for this story...like Rishi in spite of being HIV positive, become handicapped/paralysed in some accidents and then deserted by his family......and after which Shalini saw him in that Hospice and took him, do all kind of treatment and after he is cured, could stay with him happily everafter..........
    I know its sounds another hindi film plot...........
    Regards.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sreelatha,
    thanks a lot for those words. Writing SHE was like preparing festive food for one's own family. It is prepared with no expectation for reward, but when some one appreciates it it goes straight to the heart and makes all the efforts to cook the food and serve it, worth the while.
    thanks,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear TDU,
    Thanks for those nice words though I was a little afraid that you may not like the ending.
    Shalini is not degrading that uneducated woman; she has nothing against her. You remember Captain telling Shalini that education can bring the downfall of a woman? Well, Shalini is just reacting to that.
    I dont think it is Shal's duty to go and educate that village girl. Shal is a woman like any other woman. She is not a saint to do things like that.
    But her accepting her ex as her son and choosing to live with an AIDS patient and taking care of his children is definitely a saintly act. I don't think it is fair to expect anything more from her. If Shalini had done what you had expected that would make the character unrealistically good, somebody like the hero in MGRs films.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Dear Ragini,
    I am very happy that you liked the ending. I was debating between various endings and finally I thought this is the only one that will fit into my heroine's character.
    I am happier still that you liked the classroom comparison.
    I am in the US now. In Seattle. I am visiting the Bay Area between 14th to 16th September. I am planning to meet ILites on one of those days. If you have any friends over there let them know. Vandhana has posted a thread in the Bay Area Ladies Meet Here forum.

Thanks once again, Ragini.
    regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

Yes, ultimately SHE the serial has come to an end. And I was debating about the end for many days and I am happy that I came up with something which gave happiness to good hearts like you.

Every woman is a mother whether or not she may have biological children. Whatever may be her earlier life she ultimately blossoms into motherhood which is unconditional love. For some women it happens in one lifetime; for others it may take a hundred or a thousand.

I am not keen on making all the heroin'es opponents as villains. In this case I even went to the extent of portraying my heroine with outrageous (to some it appears villanous) characteristics - opting for a live-in, supporting lesbianism and all. In fact in the original script I had a dialogue written in which Shal tells Rishi,

"Life is not fair and does not operate by a set of rules like a computer program. For if it does, I should have got AIDS and not you. I related to many men while you were faithful to your partner all the time."

To have produced a story which is being liked by the likes of you is an achievement which shall prominently figure in my CV hereafter.
    thanks for being with me all these weeks.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear AGRji,
    thanks for the kind words to me and the "unkind" words to Shalini. SHE was sensational no doubt. But my mission here was to make it sensible too. Agreed, Shalini would not be voted for by most people especially women. But I think in a way her life is a saga which reached a proper culmination.
    I will let you know my secret regarding Time management. There is no secret as such. If somebody says "I don't have the time to do what I love to" it only means, that she doesn't love that activity enough. Just do what you love to. Time will expand itself to accommodate you and all your dreams.
    All the best.
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    I am really happy that I could make a good soul like you read and like my story. That to me is a great achievement.
    Every woman is a mother. But only a few realise their motherly potential. Shal was unhappy and was running from pillar to post till she realised her motherhood. The shock of seeing Rishi being left alone had awakened the motherly feelings in her thus fulfilling her mission in life.
    Thanks for the kind wishes, Usha.
    I loved to stop over at Dubai. But as I am going to the West Coast, the airline refused to give the ticketing that way unless I pay a huge extra amount.
    I will come to Dubai with my family on a holiday. And I want you and Krishnan to be our hosts.
    All the best,
    regards,

10. varalotti

Hi Jaya,
    Thanks for all the nice words.
    As I expected Imemyself had an interesting explanation. There is nothing selfish about it, Jaya, as some people might be prone to think.
    Brahadaranyaka Upanishad has a very profound statement.
    It says that a husband loves the wife not for the sake of the wife, but for his own sake. And a wife loves her husband not for his sake but for her own sake. The list goes on. Some intrepreters have created a new word in English by making the first letter of self in Caps. They say that Self is the Atman and self is our own wretched selves. I don't buy that.
    All of us are ultimately selfish. Only those who realise this truth can realy help other people.
    In that respect I bow down to your choice of the userid.
    Wish you all the best.
    Luv,