1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 9

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jun 21, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mythili,

Welcome back to India. Wish you a nice stay with your dear Acchan and Amma. I am really touched that you announced your trip to India in this thread.

While in India spend time with your achan, amma and friends. Go around God's own country. Dont sit before the computer either for SHE or for anything else. SHE wil be waiting for you when you return to your base. By that time the serial would have concluded.

Wish you a safe journey to India and a nice stay there.

Warm Regards,

2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

From a loveless husband to a conniving lover(??!!??) - looking forward to see how Shalini comes out of this situation. Also, wondering what's the shock awaiting her - who's going to be wearing the necklace.

Kamla, I am thrilled to know that you read the end of the story first. That is very much like me, much to the amusement of all those who know me. I was just wondering if we could get a sneak preview of episode 14 :)

-Gayathri.

3. varalotti

Hello Gayathri,
    I am now fully aware that I am not writing for a community of readers, but for one of writers. Most of you have very fertile imagination. I am very happy about that.
    You want to have a sneak preview of E-14? Well I can provide you one, but you will lose interest in Episodes 10 thro' 13.
    In this sense a serial story is very much like our lives. If we know what is going to happen ten years hence and be sure about that, we will lose interest in living the life during the intervening period of ten years.
    In about 6 hours I will be uploading Episode 10.
    Thanks for joining in, at the last moment, for Episode 9.
    regards,

1 person likes this.
  4. varalotti

Re: SHE - Episode 10

Most Gracious ILites,

A short while from now SHE 10 will be on air. This episode describes the fate of the very first live-in relationship I ever wrote in my stories and serials. As TDU very aptly remarked, the women over here accepted the relationship without much of a fuss while the men (or the man?) were thrown off their balance.

That goes to prove one of my most favourite theories - that while we men fuss with the forms, women consider substance, when it comes to relationships. But with the gadgets we reverse our roles. Lets take a car; the man is bothered more about what is inside the hood while the woman fusses about how the car appears on the outside. I neither have the brains nor the age to say, which one is better. But I have the sense to discover that each one is different.

Like you I also want to post Episode 11 now itself; as I am sure many of you will be sighing "Oh, next thursday is still a week away..." But two reasons prevent me. First there is no end to that. If I post E11, all of us will be looking for E12, and E13 ad infinitum. Second it is a nice feeling to spend 168 hours in some kind of suspense and expectation, making guesses and criticising the author. Even if you forget the other things, don't ever forget the last item in the list - criticising the author.

Now for the tenth week in a row, SHE is in your beautiful, graceful hands.
    Do with her what you will.

With Love,

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

I saw your reply only last night so this late reply from me.

A single woman being frowned upon or man staying at home while his woman is working is all part of the scenario now. I don't think anybody cares especially in the cities. Probably in villages it might still happen but they are also getting used to all these ideas from their awareness from TV soaps etc.

Present generation of women hardly care what their husbands earn. They are happy to manage their finances and problem arises when only they have to spend for the family. I know families where both go on DUTCH.
    Most of the professional women who marry businessmen hardly ever ask or know their spourses income. Come a child, both of them have to chip in for its insurance and medical expenses apart from school fees etc.

Now, for the loosing part - I say so cause women are more sensitive and emotional.

It's your turn now.

6. varalotti

Hello Meena,

You are right. Times are changing. I have noticed one thing. Correct me if I am wrong.

Normally professional, career-oriented women marry either professionals or businessmen. Very rarely do we see a woman marrying a man without occupation or in unremunerative occupatins like that of a writer, painter etc.
    As you said finances are now kept separate. They draw a clear line.

In those days I have seen my father handing over the salary cover to my mother who had absolute discretion in spending the money. Even for his expenses he would get money from my mother. But today things have changed. I don't hand over my salary to my wife. (Being a self-employed professional, I dont have a salary as such, is a different matter). Though my wife is a housewife, she has an independent allowance and any common spending she gets reimbursed by me. We even borrow from each other and pay it back.

I think this way it is better. Money does not become a cause of misunderstanding.

About women losing, well, this is the most pathetic story I have ever heard. The man and the woman were working in the local telegraph office. They fell in love with each other and married. A boy and a girl were born to them. The wife borrowed money and they constructed a sweet little house.
    The husband started to ill-treat his wife after that. The wife filed for divorce. The husband did not grant it. Then they settled the matter out of court and filed for a mutual consent divorce.

But my blood boiled when I learnt about the terms. The husband took the house, the wife, the loan. The husband took the boy and the wife, the girl. Though the couple were not that close to me, I was devastated on hearing about their settlement. Why should a woman be such a total idiot to grant that kind of terms to her sadistic husband?

regards,

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

did this jaggi woo Shals for her money or for his pleasure?? what is going on??? i think sometimes life teaches us very hard lessons....first of all now i started thinking just to show Rishi and her FIL down she might have accepted jaggis proposal too soon...or else she is such a girl who will judge the pros and cons......i wish she could have had a happy married life with jaggi but seems like god has some other plans for Shals!

8. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

ohh! hope its not another woman in his life