1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 8

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jun 14, 2007.

1. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Hi!

S, the story is going Go karting, schumacher, zoooom zoom vroooom!!! As I had previously also written for our intelligent herione some events are not matching her intelligence, or is it like Newton(the most intelligent people make silly mistakes of making two holes small and big for the bis cat and small cat to come to his room)
    Well, I too am feeling Shal is falling prey to Jaggi's venegeance. Jaggi so promptly apologised for the nasty remarks is not easily digestable. I think Jaggi (the name also gives me uneasy feeling sounds wolf's name) is not a person to easily forgive and has made a sound study of Shal's past and belongings etc etc. Hmmm! lets wait and see what shridhar pens henceforth and what destiny strikes!!

Swati

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

I could not post the Motivational Article last week as I was travelling out of Madurai.

I have a doubt that we always tend to see the bad in others; though we preach that we should see only the good and leave out the rest.

This week's article was born out of this thought. I am posting it now. Let me have your views.

regards,

3. varalotti

Re: I can sense the speed of the story now

Dear Chitra,

Thanks for being the first and thanks for the nice comments. All said and done, Shalini is a woman. With Rishi she did not want to increase her commitment (in the form of a child )as she was not sure of the success of the relationship. But with Jaggi, she is quite certain and wants a commitment. This is not a defence statement from Shalini's lawyer but her creator's feeble attempt to explain her decision. Of course on a different level, even I cannot explain her decisions.

Senior writer always tell me that after a while it is not the author who leads the story; it is the story which leads the author, of course if it considers him worthy. The same happened with SHE. As I finished penning the 13th episode last night, that was what I thought. The story line comes out in a powerful emotional flow and my explanation or justification is the result of the slow rational thinking mind, which of course can never hope to keep pace with the emotional side.

When you make the statement let's see, just turn your head to the right, you will find me standing by your side uttering the same statement, but with more fear and suspicion. Let's see.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

Not many pilots are as fortunate as your pilot, Madam. I have talked to a few pilots; if you tell them that their take-off/landing had been smooth, you will see their faces becoming brighter and happier. But very few passengers ever do that. And to be told so by one of my most beautiful passengers is my good luck. Thank you.

Whatever your daughter told about the Indian culture in metros like Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad are pretty true. My friend who had been to Pune for a six month-education programme told me that students of professional colleges do not stay in hostels; they stay in independent houses. And the arrangement goes like this. Four girls share a flat. When their parents come, thats the apparent arrangement. But when they are left alone they swap accommodation with a set of boys. So two boys and two girls would live in a flat like a couple.

What shocked me most was that these people agree that they do not love each other; but sex is okay with them. I think this way the wheel has turned a full circle. In our days (I am talking about 70s and 80s) love was okay (of course if it is within limits - the upper limit: can talk to each other and once in a blue moon can hold the hand) but sex was a clear no-no. But today the youth dont want to get emotionally involved; but physical involvement is not a problem.

There is another area in which I want your specific comments. And here you should not act in the capacity of my friend. As a moderator and more than that, as a mother of two girls, you tell me, whether my narration of this episode is okay. If I publish a book with exactly the same wordings will you let your teenage daughter to read that book?

This has been in my mind for quite some time. I dont write about sex. But when sex has a place in the story, nor do I ignore it. And most of the writing happens in a "flow" which I edit and tone down later. (Fortunately I never had to tone up ha ha )

Will Shalini's happiness be disturbed? I cant give any guarantees. Let's hope for the best.
    Love,

5. varalotti

Hello Meena,
    I am infinitely grateful for your total involvement in a story. You have analysed Shals situation from all angles and are offering sane advice to her. Great.

It is true that getting into relationship to spite someone is digging one's grave. But humanbeings are not always rational beings; in fact most of the time it is the emotion that rules them.

I dont know whether you saw the old movie Manmatha Leelai by Balachander. In that movie, Jayapradha, who will not love Kamal as such will ask him to kiss her and hug her only to spite her former lover. May be I had the impact of that scene while taking the story in this route.

When a divorcee is insulted especially by her former in-laws, she loses her balance, she loses her senses and decides rashly.

But may I know, Meena, why do you dislike Jaggi? I have not talked about any flaws in his character.

And finally your words,

There's one lesson all live-ins shld learn and that is not to share tooo much and loose themselves completely.

That was a really powerful quote. Especially in a live-in the persons have to be careful ; because everything has to be reversible.

Thanks, Meena once again. I too share your concern for the heroine.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Manjula,

Oru nimisham aadi poyitten. neenga destiny moonjila vitta kuthu en muhathulaye vizhunda maadhiri oru feeling.

Jokes apart I am grateful for your involvement in the plot.
    I normally post the episode on Thursday evening. And the next thursday is less than 100 hours away as of now.

regards,

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

If you ask me, why I don't like J??? then I would answer, it's because, my instincts says he is one oppportunist. all his concern is about his needs and how he can get it - nothingelse matters to him.
    he'll be gone once his thirst is quenched - whatever taht could be....
    so, where do I stand in this analysis, Sir????

1 person likes this.
  8. varalotti

Hello Meena,
    I would love to say something about your analysis. But one single word, you will find out what will happen in the next episode.
    At this juncture what my story permits me to say to you is this: you are very close to the truth in one aspect but far from it in another. Anything more madam, then the cat will jump out of the bag.
    So Madam, my analysis about your analysis is.. sorry, you will have to wait for about a hundred hours.
    regards,

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  9. varalotti

Dear Sowmya,
    (I am now tired of addressing those ILites who call me sir, "Madam" ; I know I have aged and now have to take it in my stride)

Thanks for the nice words Sowmya. I am flattered to know that you wait for the weekly quota.

I am not sure whether I can comment on your opinion about Jaggi now. But one thing I can surely comment on. Apologising. Believe me, Sowmya, I have been practising the quality of apologising immediately after I know that I was in the wrong. When I fight with my wife and later I realise that I am in the wrong, I either call her on her mobile to apologise or send an sms to her. It will be very difficult to do; but once you do it the kind of happiness and relief you feel in your heart, oh, my God, there is no bliss equal to that. Try that once and you will be convinced.

But I don't apologise unless I am convinced that I am in the wrong. That will severely affect our self-worth

regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Sujatha,
    This story is full of sudden twists and turns - that is the only way to write this story if the heroine is an "intelligent, headstrong brat."

What you say is true. To be honest even I could not digest her decision to live-in. But that has become quite ordinary in places like Bangalore and Pune. I am still not convinced about the values there. But I have no right to impute my values into my heroine.

As of now I have to just keep mum about your comments on Jaggi's character. Let it unfold of its own in the subsequent weeks.

I have completed the first drafts of up to the 13th episode. Believe me, every time I read my drafts, I am surprised.

regards