1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 5

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 25, 2007.

1. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

okay okay I will stop saying Sir.
    My son calls his pre-school teacher "Stephanie" instead of Miss. Stephanie, it is the norm here in America.
    Used to this culture now, it should come easy enough for me to call people by name. But it is different case with you sir(again!) I feel like you are a great Guru and just can't get to do it. I will try..

ok maybe I will make a sincere effort, if you post your next episode NOW rather than make us wait few more days.. :)
    Regards,
    Mythili

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Very Smart Woman, Mythili

And Mythili you have placed me in a fix. You are really smart. You have first flattered me by saying Guru and all. And there is the deal in fine print, if I post the next episode now, you wont call me sir.

Now even if you accord me the Guru status, you can still call me Sir. For your son calls his Guru by her first name.

As to the next episode just wait for 60 hours. They will fly like 60 minutes, I am sure.

You are too smart so there is no need for you to go through my post Hard Work vs Smart Work posted in the latest Saturdays with Varalotti.

I read beautiful book written by a Plastic Surgeon and have posted my experience of reading the book.
    If you see the link Cosmetic Surgery in my signature, just click that and read.

regards,

3. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jr. Sri,

I can feel the speed of the story SHE picking up now and still Shalini seems a weak person - how will she be able to change herself with this self sympathetic emotions? Am eagerly waiting for the actual action.

Regarding the thought experiment, such incidents do happen in real life all the time and while we make up with an apology to outsiders, I find that saying sorry to family members - especially to younger ones is not so easily forthcoming more so from the male members.

I am sure that most of the IL ladies would agree with me with particular reference to such incidents between the spouses.:mrgreen:

4. varalotti

Dear Chitra,

Well, what Shalini felt about her husband was not because of self-pity. She has an ideal for an husband which her husband does not match. That is just the longing of any woman whose husband is loveless.

The house is equally divided on whether Shalini is good or bad; but whether she is weak or strong, the house is almost unanimous - she is strong. Proof comes in subsequent episodes.

The second part of your post is overwhelmingly true. I personally feel that you need more moral courage to apologise to a younger person, to your wife, to your child, to maid than to your husband, to your boss or your in-laws. This statement might sound chauvinistic, but is true.

In fact when you are not in the wrong, not to apologise to your boss requires more moral courage than apologising.

Thanks for the participation, Chitra.
    regards,

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

Re: would have been..?

hello

would have been
    enru solvathai vida
    ippadi irukka koodaatha?
    yekkam...
    enru solvathe sariyo.?

yengum nenjangal
    pala
    karpanai pennin
    ragasiya marunthu
    poochu

seekkiram oru nalla cell vaangikolla vendum...!
    engal veettil
    irandu kaathukkum irandu
    azhaipugal varum
    5 am yoga
    6 am cell convers
    7 am phone convers
    8 am busy with bath and getting ready
    for business
    innum am niraiya irunthaalum
    cell vaangi appointment vaangithaan
    pesavendum..

its the little holidays
    or weekend treats
    where we each read
    the articles in papers
    inch by inch
    read a book ,,
    and perhaps share a view or two
    a smile shared
    with deep understanding

guess we have learnt
    not to tread
    on thorny patches
    that could tear our lives
    if only for a moment...
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

kandippaga undu vaarthaiyil hot moments..iru kai osai etharku..mounam thodara..
    vijay style...get a connection to my mom or sis.. and hand the handset to me.
    ammavai akkavai vida enakku nerukkam yaaro? pesinaal maranthu vidum.. chinna sorkal..?
    sathya

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

Hello

Vijay is back
    After ten long days..!
    Bubbles of joy
    The walk to the front door
    From the gate
    Looked so much like the films
    It took quite a long time
    To reach..!
    Unusual of him
    Travel bags strewn all over…
    He didn’t look tired
    Pretty happy too…
    Missing me I thought..
    The simple
    Hai……!
    Conveyed many meanings.
    The staff were waiting for his arrival
    We had some important work.
    He didn’t seem to mind them
    Get a nice milkshake dear
    But ofcourse I had it ready..!!

Karpanai panna varigal pidithatha?

As soon as he entered he said
    Where is the key to the computer room ?
    And was gone with it…..

sathya

7. varalotti

Dear Sathya,

Great post. The lines are poetic and the situation it represents is pathetic. Of course I did like the situation as imagined by you.

I amafraid that these things happen generally to women, though I know a few men-victims. My friend, a very nice, soft-spoken sensitive man is invariably snubbed by his wife, who earns almost five times more than him. One day I saw him in the mess during lunch hours.
    "There is no one even to ask me whether I had lunch. I wanted an early lunch and the cook tells me that I will have to wait till my wife comes. Lunch will be only ready by them. I have come here to snub her."
    I was hurt. But when his wife had some problems the same man called me and asked with concern, how best we can tackle it.
    There are female versions of Rishi too.

Thanks once again for your beautiful posts, Sathya.
    regards,

8. varalotti

SHE 6 - Uploaded

Most Gracious ILites,

A few minutes ago I uploaded SHE 6; the one chapter that virtually drained me of my energy and tears as well.

Time moves on relentlessly in its path not minding the deaths occuring on its way, Not even minding the loved ones' tears. As the great poet said, 'The Moving Hand writes and having writ moves on....'

Your kind responses; they alone have the power to revive your friend who feels so exhausted after posting this episode.

regards,

Last edited: May 31, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

nothing pathetic..!!

missed reading this?

its the little holidays
    or weekend treats
    where we each read
    the articles in papers
    inch by inch
    read a book ,,
    and perhaps share a view or two
    a smile shared
    with deep understanding

iru kai thattinaale osai
    mounathin mozhiyil

sathya

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

its really unfair.......
    i was in tears while reading this episode......the way the father is taking the onus on him that he guided his daughter to get married to Rishi....sometimes i wonder why parents love us so much....they make our mistakes as theirs...they want to take our problems on to their shoulders....

Shals father going to a temple after so many years??? some how i felt at that instance itself that something dont know may be good or bad is going to happen....the way hekept asking his daughter about her marriage....i felt as if he knew or that he unknowingly trying to tell her or signal her something...Shalini is already under so much of emotional wreck and to top it what is she going to face now??