1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 4, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Your Shalini seems to be quite a gal...and we know why, she had a Shiva for father. You now know that your Shiva is more of a hit with the women here, no wonder. He sounds savvy and smart and chivalrous to boot.
    Now, Shalini is married for 5 years ...... hmm...how come!! Please note, I am not questioning, only wondering! Was Rishi the plan Shalini had or was it love? Will await the future episodes to solve this puzzle. I say 'plan' because she could have married him in defiance or with a crafty thought that she can boss him over easily knowing of his bossy father?!
    Anyways, you can see the intrigues of your story so far that has been keeping my mind busy. I know your answer....wait and read the future episodes:)
    Yes sir, that I plan to do.

L, Kamla

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vidya

Dear Vidya,

Shiva is my ideal character too. May be what I am not as a father or as a husband, I projected on to Shiva. I liked your words,

"I am sure every woman will find a few paternal male figures in her life who have shaped her."

I like to venture here that the converse of this theory is equally true.

"I am sure every man will find a few maternal female figures in his life who have shaped him. If not many he will at least find one."

Thanks for the kind words,
    sridhar
    (Sri Varalotti was a good expression. Contains both my names and sounds well)

3. varalotti

Thanks Sudha!

Dear Sudha,
    Though I am far from being a ladies man, I am happy that one of my characters is. Yes, Shiva is designed and destined to be loved by women.
    Agreed 5 years is too long a period to hold on to a stifling marriage. Perhaps Shalini did not want to rock the boat so soon. May be no other factor was powerful enough to drive her to a major decision. But will they do so in future?
    We will have to wait and see.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks, Meenakshi

Dear Meenakshi,
    We are going to see more about Shalini's married life in the coming weeks. Why did she hold on to it? Why they did not have children?
    Glad that you too liked Shiva's character.
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Let's stay tuned.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks, Cheer

Dear Cheer,
    I am happy to hear that you find the second episode quite interesting. I am happier still that you liked the last lines in the chapter.
    All of us, men included, can draw inspirations from Shalini. But can we model our life on hers? It is to early to answer this question.
    Thanks,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks Sihi

Dear Sihi,
    Sorry to note that Captain Ramnath reminded you of your fil. What you have said is true. Even without the military background there are many dictatorial fils in the world.
    Happy that you liked those lines.
    A time has now come for Shalini to make major decisions in life. But before that so many things happen that almost forces her to one decision or the other. Let's wait and see.
    Thanks for the nice words.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks Anjana!

Dear Anjana,
    Your observations about Shiva's character is quite pertinent. Has he made her more rebellious? We will have to wait and see.
    But actually Shiva let her be as she wants to me. May be Shalini was inherently a rebel. Any other father would have inhibited that trait in her and would have made a mess of her life. Shiva did not do that. He just let her be.
    Did Shalini find happiness in life? Before we answer this question, we should know one thing. A rebel is not happy in life in the conventional way. A rebel is happy when she lives life on her own terms. A rebel may not have a stable marriage or relationships, may not have a happy family, but still she might have a happy life. I cant elaborate this point further at this time.
    In the last few lines, I have not spoken like a hero; but have spoken about a hero.
    Happy that you liked it.
    Love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks Vidhukumar

Hi Mrs. Vidhukumar,

Congratulations on your motherhood. You can read my writings anytime. The initial time you spend with your child is too precious to be missed for anything in the world.

Well, Vidhukumar,with most of the married women, the standard solution for happiness is to bury a part of their (at times the whole of their) personality (read: identity). Will Shalini take a different decision? Will she rebel against this practice too?
    Let's wait and see.
    Thank you for the nice words you have about this story.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks Kamla!

Dear Kamla,

Looks like Shiva has been a greater hit with the women over here than his creator himself. I am quite happy about that.

Many people wonder whenever they hear about a divorce. But I always wonder when marriages are sustained. When I see talented, nice women living with worthless husbands, for the sake of their children. So the bottomline is that I do not wonder that you wonder about the 5 long years of Shalini's married life. Eventhough a woman, even a rebellious woman like Shalini whomight find married life unbearable, need a pushing factor, a tipping point to drive them to a decision one way or other.
    What will that tipping point be?
    As you said, we'll wait and see.
    Looking forward to your continued participation,
    L,
    sridhar

10. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti
    There are quite a few fathers who nurture the rebellious streak in daughters, unknowingly too. Dad's attachment to their little girl can sometimes go overboard, Chellam koduthu kuttichuvar akkuvadu as most mothers say. The natural, rebellious spirit of teenagers if not guided and chanelised properly, could make for strong headed women. The type that may not find a conventional marriage very appealing. (Exactly what mothers fear !) This is where the counterbalance of a moderating mother is very important.
    I"m also wondering why a personality like Shalini would choose to marry a man like Rishi.
    As you say, lets wait and see !
    Regards
    manjula