1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 11

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    I must say I enjoyed thoroughly the whole argument and controvesy going on after you published the Episode 11 as much as I enjoyed the episode itself :)

A quote (i posted it in one of the games also!) which I think suits here the most, which is

<DT class=quote>When a thing ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest - William Hazlitt

So here I am all set to read the Episode-12 with full hope, interest and enthusiasm:yes:

</DT>

1 person likes this.
  2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

IL Rajnikant, Tamildownunder, friends,

I must seek the indulgence of Varalotti in making this post. I have not posted FB in the She episodes and as such should not interfere in the exchange that is going on here.

TDU, you are one of the nicest male members we have in IL. With your poems, kosuru and Guruji articles, you have endeared yourself to all. In fact, I know that you have as strong a fan following as anyone else among the gracious ladies in IL. There is no need to feel slighted by a junior ILite, that is just an automatically generated status by the computer. We deal with hearts and minds here. I see that you have deleted many of your posts in this forum. I have read each and every one of them. Whether I agree with your views or not ( whether I agree with Varalotti's views or not), you have as much a right to voice your views and be heard as any other ILite. You, in fact have a stronger right, since you are speaking the other side. if everyone is to say the same thing, why should we speak at all?

My immediate concern is this. This entire exchange has been nominated for the Finest posts. If you delete your posts, the argument (not as in case, but as in discourse) collapses. So, I would request you to reinstate those posts, if agreeable to you.

Varalotti- thank you allowing me to poach on your thread. I dont know if my words are good enough to write a FB in She, but I read it every week. I make my own posts and counter posts in my mind for She and feel validated when TDU, Rashi and others voice them here. Well, we all know I am a wierdo!!

Come on all- this is group hug time!:goodidea:

PS: Varalotti- why Rajnikant? You are the John Abraham of IL. Itheppadi irukku?

3 people like this.
  3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Thank you for your kind words. It is heartening to know that I have been accepted in this forum. I removed the posts since I felt that I might have got carried away in my arguments and hurt someone. Also, of course I do not want to be a villain of IL to Rajnikanth of IL.:) I would like to be a Vivek in Shivaji.:goodidea:

Regarding reinstating my posts, I would like to request the administrators to do it as I do not know how to do it.

Regards,

TDU

1 person likes this.
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks,Raman. I too would like you to be Vivek in Sivaji, I love Vivek. We will get the posts reinstated since it is acceptable to you. BTW, my husband and I watched Sivaji last night and are still reeling.

Why accepted in this forum, you are accepted in all of IL. Catch you around.

Varalotti- thanks for allowing me to invade your space (like you had a choice)

Group hug time again!!!

5 people like this.
  5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU, Vidya, Monsi, Rashi, Kamla, Malathi and all,
    Recently I had been to Kodaikanal for a professional seminar. Suddenly I was asked by the organisers to sit as the Chairman of the First Technical Session. Puzzled, and flattered, I asked them, 'Why me, a mofussil accountant, when so many metro CAs were there?' Our president sheepishly replied, 'Sridhar, this session is going to be way too technical as it deals with AS 10 (an accounting standard). We need some comic relief to sustain members interest. Who can provide it better than you, tell me?' That had a sobering, humbling effect on me.
    I am letting out this dose of suyapuranam because it should be I who should be given Vivek's role. I had to mention Rajnikant because a very senior lovable member (by this time you all would have guessed who it is, yes, its Cheeniya) had given that name which I took as his blessings. But for that sentimental gesture I can no way aspire to be the super star of this site. I would be the comedian; but in my screen play, at times comedians do have a controversial role, as Vivek blurts out the punch dialogues of the Super Star.

On the whole I enjoyed the discussion. I am looking forward to a much more intense discussion on SHE 12 as it is going to be even more controversial. I do not want to miss out any members of this great gang, who made SHE 11 a memorable experience for me.

With love to all and malice to none,
    yours

2 people like this.
  6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Tamil,
    Today morning, I went through the latest posts and I had even nominated the whole of this thread for the best post for July. Now I was surprised to find through Vidhya's post that they have been withdrawn by you. To be very frank, it was your fb that actually started a lively debate in this thread and lots of fbs and counter fbs started pouring in.
    I am sorry Tamil, I didn't expect you to be so sensitive! We all must try to avoid making personal comments. We can attack the writing but not the writer. Yes, this episode did see a little bit of animosity which, if continued is going to play spoil-sport in the way we are all bonded together in IL. I think all of us should avoid personal attacks. All of us here have a different set of values and views according to our upbringing, experiences in life. I would like to share here in this post that I too was an extremely conservative person with rigid views. But in reality, when we are forced to face a situation which is against our principles and beliefs, we are just helpless and we are at the mercy of that SUPREME BEING during such times. There are always easy ways out. But it needs courage to face such situations and come out of them. Yes it is extremely difficult, there is excruciating pain, but,ultimately when we wade out of those bad times, the joy we get is immense. I do not mean to say here that the situations changed to my favour, rather I changed my outlook. That way we start expanding and start thinking from others point of view. We cannot change the world, but we have a choice to change ourselves to adapt to the environment. By this I do not mean -Let us start doing all the bad things that others are doing. Let us try to understand them, sympathise with them and if possible just leave them alone to undergo their Karma.
    And I want to sum up with the borrowed words of Voltaire which I have already stated elsewhere -"I detest what you say, but I will defend to death your right to say it."
    Tamil, I am also a junior member (may be in age as well) and hope you do not take this as an advice but a friend's fervent attempt to dissuade you from closeting into a cocoon and discontinuing your wonderful fbs. When I said I enjoyed them thoroughly it was from my heart and there no question of making fun of your conservative outlook.
    You had written in one of your fbs here that you were posting stories too. Now I am going to go through that and let you know how I feel about them. And if it is a bit too frank don't feel offended! But don'tworry, Sridhar and Kamla feel that I am fit to head the Indian Embassy in the US or UK! Hmmm..... I wish I had put my efforts in that direction instead of day-dreaming my youthful days away!
    With apologies to Sridhar, I would like to see your active participation in the coming episodes too with your conservative views. Be proud of what you are! You no my favourite quote? "No one can make us feel inferior without our consent!"
    Regards,
    Malathi

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: You are very careful, Malathi!

You are fit to head the Indian Embassy in the US or UK. No Thank you sir! I feel elated with your idea and Kamla's seconding your view! I am comfortable here at IL with my 'vazha vazha kozha kozha' stand! And I have stalwarts like Manmohan Singhji and the Late Narasimha Raoji to take shelter behind! Certainly I do not want to be like our Ex-CM and put myself into trouble! We share the same zodiac! Ezhara sani thodanga innum sila naatgale ullana!

4 people like this.
  8. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Thanks a lot for your sound words of wisdom. My weakness is that I get emotional readily and get carried away in counter-arguments. I realised after the exchanges that I am using harsh words and it may hurt someone. In the overall analysis, I realised that Mr. Varalotti's writting about lesbionism is not going to proliferate it and at the same time my raising concerns is not going to stop it. That is why I withdrew from the arguments and removed my posts. This thread with varalotti's posts and responses from yourself, Kamala, Rashi and others do deserve to be nominated for the best post of July and I do not fit in.

Regards,

TDU

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,
    Feeling exhausted or rather cloyed with the spicy food provided here in SHE 11, our tongues long for a "pathia samayal" which I am going to serve in the form of Milaku Kuzhambu and Paruppu Thuvaiyal.
    I am not kidding, dears. Just go to the Wednesdays thread and there you will find the hot milaku kuzhambu and thuvaiyal waiting for you.
    Have a nice meal.
    regards,

10. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti
    A Readers Digest joke first.
    A man walks into a shop and enquires the price of a pair of spectacles.
    " Rs.1000...."says the shopman and pauses
    The customer shows no reaction.
    "............per lens...." continues the Shopman
    Customer raises eyebrow
    ".........without frames............" adds the shopman
    Customer starts shaking his head vigourously
    ".........fixing charges extra...." goes on the Shopman
    " This is too much !" bursts out the customer.
    Shopman ends his pricing tactic, having found the man's thresh hold of tolerance.

SHE has become a hold-all for testers and teasers, tossed in one by one by the author who seems more intent on researching the IL community's threshold of tolerance, than on helping his heroine find her identity !
    First came Divorce. No reaction. Divorce is so ho-hum, guys ! Then, "Live-in" relationship. A gasp here, a shuffle there. But still, quite kosher. Item No.3, Homosexuality. Mercury rose up !
    What would item No.4 be, i wonder. Toy boys and Gigolos ?

Mamma Mia !!!!
    :shock: