1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 11

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

This time I should say "Hats off to you!" Point by point you have validated counter-arguments and they seem perfectly acceptable. Regarding women having high place in society in the Vedic era, I have also read in the story of Veda Vyasa that even his sister was inducted into wearing the sacred thread (Poonul) which goes to prove that women did enjoy equal rights in society.
    You do make your opponents defenseless with your well informed knowledge!
    "In face with my very little exposure to our religious scriptures, I should say that our culture was at its finest during the Vedic period." That is too much of a humility! With the number of examples you have quoted I am sure you must be well read in the scriptures too. The maturity with which you handle the feedbacks does show the extent of your knowledge.
    I just stand admiring you and the postings here with the ignorance of a child.

1 person likes this.
  2. Malathijagan

God was kind enough to save this country when we exploited our womenfolk. God saved this country when women were allowed to alight the funeral pyre in the name of sati. God saved this country when the law permitted a man to have many wives. God saved this country when men set up chinnaveedu and claimed it as a status symbol. God saved this country when prostitution flourished in all religious centres and there was a dedicated 'devadasi' community for the oldest profession.
    Having been so kind all along, I don't think God will take weapons in his hand seeing the difference in orientation in less than 1% of the population.
    Excellent Reply!

3. Malathijagan

Besh! Besh! sariyaana potti! Go Ahead! I am enjoying it all!

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I must join Malathi here and say it was and is an excellent repartee Varalotti!

Yes Malathi, do take over the UN:))

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti,

You have ended your response to my post 'Defence rests my Lord'.

I start here saying, ' There is no case my Lord. If an impression is created of a case by me, I withdraw it my Lord'.

You may say I have chickened out. But, I feel it is better than getting my head bashed against a stone wall since you are having an overwhelming support of ladies in a ladies' forum and I don't want to become the laughing stock.

I was inclined to quit the forum since I find I am a mis-fit here and also I should not be a spoil-sport. Added to that I face the ignomity of getting snubbed by a junior ilite. But, unfortunately I have started two serial stories ( Taking clue from you as 'Puliyai paarthu poonai choodu pottukitta maathiri) and so Ladies, please bear with me. I may hang around to complete them.

If I have antagonised anyone, my apologies to them.

Once again reiterating,

There is no case or the case is withdrawn, My Lord.

Regards,

TDU

6. Rashi

Rashi New IL'ite

Dear TDU,
    I just wanted to apologize to you if I have insulted you in my comments. I was just angry the way you were judging me through my comments. If you felt insulted by me I sincerely apologize to you and say that it was not intentional.
    But, I would like to say that this is a discussion forum, where people are going to argue and bring out their point of view. If everybody agrees, I don’t know how the world would turn up. All the members are entitled to their views and comments and there are always two sides of a coin…
    Also, I have read a couple of your other posts and poems. Your poems are really good (the ones in English, the tamil ones I did not understand). I would like to encourage you to keep posting but, please no more name calling.
    Thank you,
    Rashi

1 person likes this.
  7. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rashi,

I must also apologise to you if I had used harsh words in my posts addressed to you. Like you I too got disturbed over this issue. But, now I find it is all meaningless and the arguments may create only unpleasantness.

Regards,

TDU

8 people like this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU,

Sorry for butting in when it is no business of mine!
    I have read all your opinions and outbursts and criticisms here. I may or may not agree with you. That is not important. What is important is that all of us have equal rights to voice our thoughts and feelings in this open forum, as long as we do it with a certain decorum and friendliness. Let us hope and wish that we are all mature adults and can handle difference of opinions with grace and tolerance. The world will become a boring place if all held the same One opinion on Everything. To a certain extent, it may achieve the much needed World Peace I guess! But is it not a wishful thinking? And all of us know that it is never going to happen :)
    So, please do not feel that your opinions are misunderstood here. They are interesting and everyone of us are trying to reach a little above us and try to learn from each other and widen our understanding of the world around us.
    Don't quit. Stay and argue with all your might. Let us learn from each other's thoughts.
    I have always enjoyed your writings and experiences that you portray so well.

Greetings,
    Kamla

It was heartwarming to read the last exchange between Rashi and TDU...Way to Go!:-D

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU,

I must thank you from the depths of my heart for making this thread hot and interesting. The vehemence in your arguments made them very lively. And I am happy to acknowledge that for a "Vara Looti" like me you are the most apt balancing force.

I will be looking forward to your arguments in the future episodes as well. If I got carried away in my arguments and had hurt you in the process, I offer my heartfelt apologies.

Don't worry, TDU, you have a lot more to argue with the coming episode SHE 12 which will be up on air in about 36 hours from now.

regards,

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi, Kamla, Raashi and All,

Thanks for your very active participation. In fact your presence in this forum made it the way I like it to be - a very active discussion board where no holds are barred and not a mushy mutual admiration society operating under the "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" concept.

I have been known to give shocks quite frequently. I have been accused of marketing gimmicks to promote my forum. In this context I hate to tell you this, but I have to. SHE 12 will be even more controversial. So brace yourselves up for another round of arguments and discussions.

My one request to all of you is this. If we are friends before we start an argument or a discussion, we should be much closer friends, when we end it. Have this mind before formulating your posts.

I learnt from a very senior member of this site (I don't want you to even guess who the person is, because you will find out ha ha ha) that another very senior member (not necessarily reckoned from the date of entry, again I think you can guess who the person is) has dubbed me as Rajnikant of this site. With a heart full of gratitude I take this compliment as the blessings of that member.

Looking forward to the continued, enthusiastic, vociferous participation of you all. After it is going to be at the most another six episodes.

regards,