1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 10

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Finally, Malathi, can I ask you, Should we judge Shalini at all? Should we need to judge anybody at all? My mission here is to help further understanding of a human mind, especially that of a woman, which is quite complex and fascinating.
    Let's reserve our judgments till the very end. Or even try to avoid it totally. But let's make an earnest attempt to understand Shalini.

Oh oo Varalotti! Now that is a no no!! How can you take our prerogative to air our views away??! If Shalini walked up to me in flesh and blood, I would listen to you and wont judge. But, she is the heroine of our current favorite serial and all of us are waiting to analyse, scrutinise and criticise her every week:mrgreen: Judge, we (or, should it be 'I') shall........for see what it brings about.....a healthy discussion!
    Just kidding...I know, for you, she is as real as real can be.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sridhar,
    i am a woman of strong conviction so look at life also in the same manner, and i must say ur baby shalini is being pampered a lot and let loose, with no hold over her mind, wish she could get herself together, the famous saying once bitten twice shy, and twice bitten forever shy, hope she gets careful with her relationship. In my view u r making her a loner with her own deeds, and hope to see her coming out with more strong a personality or was it our imagination that u were creating a strong personality. Hope she is not a wasted woman here...regards sunkan

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari,

Welcome back. You are right, Sundari. Shalini is basically a pampered child. Born of such wonderful parents, such a loving selfless mother and an intelligent and affectionate father, she has been pampered, but I should rush to add that she is not a spoilt child. Being born of such good parents and brought up in that fashion has a very great advantage. Her self-esteem is enormous and when her live-in partner's act of infidelity impinged on that, she did not hesitate to throw him out with a slap on his cheek. Is this not an act of strong conviction? If only she had meekly submitted to him in the fear and insecurity of losing him then SHE can be branded as a spoilt child let loose on her ways.

Once bitten twice shy (I like your extrapolation of this saying, twice bitten for ever shy) is a maxim which Shalini wants to throw to winds. How she is going to do it, let's see in the future chapters.

"Strong Personality" "Wasted Woman" are all highly relative terms. There are some who think that a woman who opts to live in sin out of wedlock with another man is a "weak personality." Some others think that to defy the age-old institution of marriage and opting to live outside it would make her the strongest personality ever.

Again some might say that her live-ins and escapades only go to show that she is wasting her life. But others might say that instead of falling into the well-grooved path, her choosing to define a way for herself makes her life the most productive one and her story, the most effective.

Please bear this mind before you judge (if at all you have to) my heroine.

regards,

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    When a thing is marked as a taboo, it acquires much more importance in people's minds. It is better not to condemn those who opt for it. Time and experience are bound to erase what is not practical and acceptable.

I fully agree with you. But it is the hard way to learn.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

1 person likes this.
  5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Thank you Kamla, for standing by me and coming to my support! May be I am meek and I surrender to anything and everything!

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hello Sundari! Just saw this post of yours and wanted to enquire about your health. Hope you are back to normal and will actively participate in all debates and discussions. IL is getting hotter and hotter by the day!

7. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

The way Shalini handled the separation from Jaggi was immensely mature. For the first time, I respect her in this episode. I like the rational reasoning that if he would have confided in her, instead of hiding from her, she would have accepted it. And the incident makes him a weak person who is not trust worthy.

However, I just hope usage of such unconventional relationship is just to portray the heroine as a bold, independent person and is not the generally accepted norm in the society. It would be a matter of concern if such overly independent and a free culture becomes the norm. As we have seen, in most divorces, the kids are the worst sufferers. So, it is better to learn the hard lessons and the consequences of such relationships from the west before aping.

-Gayathri.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  8. varalotti

Dear Gayathri,

Happy to know that at last my heroine has won the respect (and admiration?) from a respectable woman. I did not want to show her as a rash human being who will throw away people and relationships at the slightest provocation. She would have pardoned or at least genuinely attempted to if only Jaggi had come out with his escapade on his own. As it usually happens, cover-up has been more heinous than the crime sought to be covered up.

As I have been repeatedly saying I am not prescribing live-in as a norm. I am just portraying it as it happens in the society, that too only in lieu of courtship and not an alternative for marriage.

What would Shalini do in future? Well, let's just wait and see.
    regards,

9. varalotti

Another Shocking Thread!

Most Gracious ILites,

As I committed earlier I am uploading my Wednesday Thread "An Accountant And A Prostitute."

Please dont be offended by the title I have chosen. Reserve your anger till you finish reading its contents. If after that, you feel that I deserve a slap for such a post, I will be only too happy to get it from you.

Regards,

10. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Mr. Varalotti, Read episode 9 and 10 only now as my system was down for the past 10 days. Couldn't help feeling sorry for the heroine Shal. Disastrous moves have brought disaster into her life. A lady so strong in her mind should not have been carried away by the words of her f-in-law and have pushed herself in that "Pazhum Kinaru". I pity her. She could be provoked easily. Still not able to believe Jaggi's words. As u have said it is all destiny. Let us see how it goes. I will be missing your episodes from 12 to 17 as I will be in India during that period and i will not have time to access net. I will have to read everything in one shot after i get back from my vacation. Anyway i request u to show the heroine a good path.
    Thanks and regards,
    sujatha

1 person likes this.