1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 1

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 27, 2007.

1. geeveein

geeveein New IL'ite

dear varalotti,

dont picturise rishis father as a strict person. Miltary people when they come home they dont follow the military rules. after all home sweet home. please dont change shalini her atitudes her way of thinking etc. if she changes then it will be like ordinary mega serial. anways anxiously waiting for the next episode . when is it?
    geetha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2007
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Geetha!

Dear Geetha,
    I think a close relative of yours hails from military. I have many senior friends who are ex-military men, but run their household with love and care, with not even an iota of military discipline. So Shalini's father does not conform to a rule but is more of an exception to the rule.
    The same thing happens in every profession, Gita. You see I am accountant. Though I am conscious of financial discipline, I am not an accountant at home. I do not keep accounts for my personal expenses.
    But there are quite a number of my accountant-friends, who behave like accountants at home too. You might have seen this lot. Even while they are on a honeymoon they will be writing down the expenses for coffee and tea in small notebooks to be transferred to a fair ledger later.
    These characters are hell to live with. But they come in handy for writers like me. Especially when I want to highlight Shalini's fiery rebellious spirit.
    This wont be like a mega serial Geetha. I can assure you that.
    Thanks for the remarks,
    sridhar

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

The first episode of your new serial is as crisp and conveying as the title. As an opening chapter, it scores very high. Made me read till the end, speculate on my version of what will happen to Shalini, and above all makes me anxious to read Ch2. Good going as a writer. Liked all characters. Shalini seems to be strong, dark, sweet decoction coffee. Rishi seems to be the decaf type. And Captain- black coffee, no cream, no sugar. Reading this with my evening cuppa, you see---

regards
    Vidya

4. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    I am relieved to note that you read SHE with your evening cuppa and brought out the relevant comparisons. On second thinking I feel that had you read it while having food you would have ended up with rich and varied comparisons.

Jokes apart, thanks a lot for those words of encouragement. Getting the first chapter through with these great ladies was by itself difficult. Now I have raised the expectations of you all. Now the pressure is on me to write the second chapter well.

Thanks once again for the response.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri,

SHE has arrived with a BANG!!!!!!

I am looking forward to see how Shalini fares in the future episodes and am sure that she will be able to lead the way to success.

I am more interested to see how her relationship with her husband evolves in the story.

6. varalotti

I am Also Looking Forward to that, Chitra!

Dear Chitra,

As you do I am looking forward to how Shalini fares in future episodes. As far as SHE is concerned, to a great extent the story writes itself. I sit with a different idea formed in my mind. But as I am busy writing somewhere down the line "I" disappears and SHE writes her own story.

As to the evolution of Shalini's relationship with her husband, my humble suggestion to you is do not build any expectations on that.

regards,
    sridhar

7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalooti,
    Your new SHE is very appealing and I notice the TRP running high. Shalinis character starts off well and Iam eagerly waitingto see how well etched it is going to be. I can already see the spark and waitingto seeit catch and flame. the first episode is veryfast moving.
    regards,
    meenu

8. varalotti

Dear Meenu,
    Thanks for those kind words, especially about the high TRP rating. I am now a little nervous as I have the responsibility to sustain the TRP rating throughout the serial. Let us keep our fingers crossed as to when the spark will catch the flame and whether there would be an explosion or an implosion.
    Regards,
    sridhar

9. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

I some times feels lazy to read ..But ur story SHE from the very beginning made me to read it n here is my response 4 this week's episode...

The 1stt episode of ur new serial is very sparkling as ur title...A very gud beginning n I really loved d the way u have brought the characterisation of Shalini. I am thinking that all women should be like her before marriage n ofcourse v have to change according to thereafter . Hmmm very interesting characterisation n nice presentation....eagerly awaiting for the 2nd episode yet can't wait for..

U should have realised by now to spend atleast 2 days a week due to the response of all ILites...

:2thumbsup: Keep it curious every week n until the final episode :2thumbsup:

10. varalotti

Dear Teja,
    Thanks a lot for those kind words. I am moved to see that you have shed your laziness for my sake and have read the story. Thanks.

As to the title I owe it to my friend. I am not very good in choosing titles.

Teja, I know many women who are like Shalini before marriage and change colours totally after marriage. Shalini will be different here. What is she going to do? To know the answer to this million dollar question, you should read all the episodes.

Looking forward to interacting with you in all the episodes of SHE.

regards,
    sridhar