1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 1

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 27, 2007.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

Finally, thanks for starting with your serial, SHE. Shalini seems to represent a lot of us, I suppose. two opposites under the same roof - Capt and Shalini. one wants TO RULE and other doesn't want TO FOLLOW, very interesting characterisation.

Beautiful narration, fantastic characters, this one is a sure hit.
    so, you made your heroine wear cotton saree - that's something I like.
    when do we get the next episode????

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

AAATHA NAAN PAAS AAYITTEN!

that's what I want to shout at the outset. Individual replies follow.

regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Sundari,
    You are right, minor irritants when added up together over a period of time becomes the basis for a revolution.
    The Sepoy Mutiny started in 1857 because of the irritation they had while biting some ammunition (before spitting it out) was made of beef. And this irritation paved the way for the revlolution and the Freedom Movement later.

What these irritants will make Shalini to do? Before answering this question, let's try to understand her better.

Thanks for being the first to respond, Sundari.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    Very nice to hear from you that the wait was worth the while. Those words make me to feel that all my efforts were worth the while.
    About the next episode, Meenakshi, you will have to wait for a week. I am afraid there is no alternative.
    We can use this week's time to discuss the episode in great detail.
    thanks,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

It is very heartening to note that you have got hooked on to OUR SHE. Yes she is ours. I might have created (or in the process of creating) her but SHE belongs to all of us.

Unlike my earlier stories where I had a strong story with nail biting incidents, in this I have only Shalini. But I am pretty sure that if a woman decides to show her true self, it will be sweeter than the rose and also at the same time, darker than the darkest hell. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned - roared the Bard. And we are going to see "a woman scorned". Hell will look breezy by her side.

Thanks Sudha,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks Rajameenakshi, for those words.
    Now Chitra festival is on here. And Meenakshi now roams our streets as our queen. Seeing her majestic form Raja Meenakshi is the name that comes to my mind. May she bless us all.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. aashree

aashree New IL'ite

oh no! why she wore a saree..it will definitely take minutes more :). I would love to go in pajamas only on the dining table :)
    Great Start..
    I feel the part that survived will still be Shalini. This happens to all the gals nearly. You are quiet a free bird before marraige. But after marraige they do maintain a little low profile..atleast in front of in laws :).
    Shalini can be the same person outside the house. She can just ignore her FIL from her life..something like "Where ignorance is bliss , 'tis folly to be wise."

8. varalotti

Thanks For The Blessings, Kamla

Dear Kamla,

Thanks for the blessings, Shubamasthu. I could not her any longer and just gave her to you all a day in advance, just to get her out of my system. Looks like I would be writing more chapters than I originally thought.

About the alarm bells tolling too bad, I cannot make any specific commitment. The topic is so powerful that after a while SHE writes herself.

About the comments you have about the characters... I think it is rather too early. Let all of us (yours truly included) keep our fingers crossed.

Next round starts in just another 163 hours, Madam. Stay tuned.
    Love,
    sridhar

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  9. varalotti

And Now Comes The Real Promotion Card!

Yes, Laxmi, when my moderator clears, it is then I get the real promotion card.

You have a point regarding Captain Ramnath's character.

I love contrast colours and contrast-match. I was thinking of an apt character for Rishi's father. Nothing suits him like a military background. Against that regimentation, the fire in Shalini burns brighter.

Rishi's character will also get prominence. But I am afraid it will not be the "prominence" as we normally think.

Thanks, Laxmi once again.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks, Cheer!

Dear Cheer,
    Thanks for the praise. Let's hope I continue to deserve that throughout the story.
    regards,
    sridhar