Sharjah Ladies meet-up

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by Friendly1, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Friendly1

Friendly1 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,:hiya

Kudos to the 6 of us who agreed to meet-up at a short notice!!! Srividya, Janani, Rani, Anu, Sangeetha and me met at Abhu Shagara Park. We planned to meet at 5.00 pm and the only thing we decided was to meet near the mosque.

Now I for one had never been to Abu Shagara park and hence not seen the mosque. Anyway as i was late i took a cab and reached the mosque a little late(5.20 or so) As expected i did not see our ILs and i also did not know how to recognise them once i went in. I was sure to be bumping into ladies in various hues and colours(I mean dresses!) and the only thing which may help me was our pregnant friend Sangeetha. Once i went in, my son darted off to the play area and would not hear anything from me for a "NO".
    I looked around and wondered............went and asked a lady whose expression showed that she was waiting for someone. I sounded silly asking her if she was waiting for someone and she gave me a blank look and nodded... a No. Then i saw a pregnant lady wearing a red dress........i was almost going towards her when I saw another group exchanging conversation which looked as if they had just met and to my relief there was a pregnant lady too!!! I quickly went and said hello are u from INdusladies?? And of course they were our new found friends........ Sangeetha, Srividya, Rani, Anu and Janani. They quickly asked me if i was "Lee" the chinese(as per our bubbly Anu).
    Janani's baby was crying a lot and we tried to comfort her. By then I wanted to check on my toddler who was playing and not worried about his mumma!! Unfortunately, Janani had to leave in a hurry and we did not get to talk to her much. Janani next time we will spend time, dont worry abt it.

:thumbsupILs it was really great meeting-up and knowing the faces behind the messages! All of us looked very comfortable and seemed as if we knew each other well. Thanks to Srividya we met!! And of course thanks to all of us who did not hesitate to jump on the opportunity. I had thought we would probably stay for just abt an hr but none of us even glanced at the watch and kept chatting about life thus far, kids, career, staying at home for kids etc. Anu wanted to know what we would say is the most unforgettable experience in UAE and all of us had something nice to share about our life.:cheers

I lost out on bits of the conversation as i had to keep a check on my toddler who was least worried abt my whereabouts!! But i thouroughly enjoyed it and am sure so did others. It was a welcome change in life! Last but not the least, Anu's daughter Shwetha was a great sport in giving me a hand to look after my son. Anu had arranged a playdate for her too! We departed a little before 7.00 pm!!
    Since it was a small group we could talk one- on-one to everybody but am sure it will be nice if it was a bigger group too.

I can go on and on.............friends dont hesitate to add your comments if i have missed out on any details.

REgards and looking forward to the next meeting!!

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friendly
    Looks like UAE is having meet after meets everywhere.
    That was a nice narration about your meet.
    Keep going and have fun UAE members....

3. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Thanks lee/?

It was very nice. u have covered everything.

Srividya

4. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding to the sharjah meet-up. It was truly a memorable day and we all had a nice time.

Hi Sri,

We must really thank you for organising such a meet. It was a sheer pleasure to meet the sharjah faces of IL in person. It was surprising to note that we were talking non-stop as close acquianted friends for long.

Hi Lee,

Ofcourse, you have covered almost all the details of our meet and i must say that siddharth was quite co-operative and didnt trouble us much, he was in his own world and was a gopi-krishna for some time gaining all attention from shweta and her friends.

Hi Janani,

Dont feel bad about it...i think all kids of sanju's age have this problem, it is just stranger anxiety and she will definitely come out of it once she gets familiar with us. We will make it up in the next meet. I m replying to your post in the other thread...i m not a regular visitor to the park, especially with this IPL ...my husband and anu's husband don't play shuttle much these days, i usually take a walk in the park when they play. Anyhow i will inform you when i can make it.

Hi Rani,

I still can't believe that you have two married daughters, you look so young....touchwood..did you share the IL meet up with your daughters?? What was their feedback? As you are staying very close-by, drop in whenever you feel like...please dont hesitate and there is no need to feel lonely when you have us as your friends in the neighbourhood.

Hi anu,

Do i need to give you a FB through this forum?????????? funny, isn't it?

LET ME TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK MALATHY & JEY FOR IL, WHICH MADE THIS POSSIBLE.

Looking forward for the next meet soon.

Take care.

Luv,
    sangi:thumbsup

5. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Hi Sangi!

How are u. It was really a pleasure seeing u all. the only disappointment was that we had to abruptly end our conversation. We will try to meet soon and in a more organised manner. Take care

Srividya

6. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Srividya didi.. so finally you gals made it too.. Nice write up, friendly 1 .. where are the pics? would've been nice to see the faces.. do it next time pls.. its really nice to see ILites getting active in each emirate. May be we should create an awareness among the rest of the emirates too.. Nice to know you enjoyed the meet, girls and hope you have more fun in future...

7. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidya!

How r u doing. a small correction, pls dont call me didi. S, as u said we should have a meet up of all the ilites in all the emirate.

Srividya

8. Sangam

Sangam New IL'ite

Hi all
    Nice to see the updates from all about our meet. I really feel nice that I have new bunch of friends :)
    regards
    rani

9. anumanoj

anumanoj New IL'ite

Hi all my IL friends
    Am as usual late ....An Adage by our thalaivar goes like this," Naan late a vandhaalum, latesta varuven"...:) Excuses!!

Anyways, Enjoyed meeting you all. Thanks Srividhya for initiating it and all the rest for making it! Seeing the faces behind the ids was truly interesting..

The very young and graceful Rani
    The innocent looking, dedicated mommy Janani
    A full-term Sangitha with hopes lit in her eyes
    The unanimously undeclared leader of the clan, wise, Srividhya
    A Lee looking all determined to make the meet a success
    And Me!

Meeting you all was like a taking a breath of fresh air...like a new marriage..with lot of romance in the air! Psst..Lets meet up and freak out this time..Right?

I have a suggestion:
    Is there any constructive social service we can make of during our meets? That way, we can enjoy our times together and do our bit for someone too..Pls put on your thinking caps...expecting some great ideas!

Love all
    Anu

10. Srividyak

Srividyak Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu!

Thanks. Have u noticed one thing, after our first meet up,u have become some kind or regular visitor to IL. Ur suggestion of social acitivity is really appreciated. i think we should all meet and discuss our interests, so that we can arrive at some idea.

how is the little one.

Take Care

Srividya