1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing marital problems with opposite gender friends

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Who made these?! Why am I never invited to any party in IL??? Here also I am 8 pages late

2 people like this.
  2. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I think people don't have time to listen to problems. Women I have seen compete with each other. Men at times can understand situations very well. But frankly I have learnt never to share problems with anyone. It simply backfires when it is used against you.

2 people like this.
  3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Depends on how trustworthy they are! Many share their personal problems and I have always tried to help them if possible.

4. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

trust me it was very yummy.... yumsmiley ................... :crazy

1 person likes this.
  5. SashaQ

SashaQ Senior IL'ite

Irrespective of gender, anyone you share it with will form an opinion of your spouse sooner or later and it likely won't be a good one. Eventually, they will feel you are wronged or can do better, etc. It's very difficult for a friend to stay neutral.

Also as a PP mentioned, men tend to fix problems. So they might take it completely out of context thinking that you are unhappy and need a void filled in for which they are happy to step up to the plate. Haha! No.

Most objective and neutral advise you will get is on a forum like this or a professional. None of these people really know your spouse OR you. They can give a neutral perspective.

2 people like this.
  6. my2angels

my2angels Silver IL'ite

Hmm...and I always thought..."ek aurat ka dard ek aurat hi samaj sakti hai"....aka every hindi movie dialogue

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  7. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

It is always risky to share the marital problems to another women. She may spread to her circle with more spices added. At the same time, being from a women, you don't get a different perspective of the problem and solution.

Sharing the problem with the family members like SIL or MIL or your own mother/sisters could be the best solution. You must choose the most trustworthy from the this list.

Sharing the marital problems with opposite gender, especially friends, is not a good approach as it may trigger the opportunist in them..Many people try to take ''advantage'' of the situation and try to fish from the troubled water..They may mislead you too.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Zoya10

Zoya10 Silver IL'ite

It is never a good idea to share marital problems to anyone! A public forum like this where people cannot identiy you, yes you can.

else its better to take care of our problems ourselves. And if its different gender! BIG NO!

I want all my friends to respect my Husband even if we have tons of problems (my husband is so sweet though!) Its better to solve problems within our home and if it goes out of hands, better to deal it with parents.!

1 person likes this.
  9. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

From my experience, it does not work out well and here are the reasons why.

1. a woman confides in a woman, they support each other and more often, the man will become the villain ,and hear them out without offering any real solution but comfort each other. .
    2. a man confides in a woman, this is more rare and i think i find these kind of males very clever. If they are very close and know each other for many years it is fine. otherwise. i strongly suspect such men who can talk badly about wife in few meetings only. i actuallly dont think highly women who confide that easily to men. but whatever be the reason, most woman would still support his wife and try to see things from her point of view simply women can be more sympathetic
    3. a woman confides in a man : when this happens.. be sure that things would not go well for many reasons. Men cannot or will not dare to take the side of the husband in question when the dear woman friend is sobbing or complaining. So, they will try to encourage her in any way possible without offering any real solution. And these men friends would actually be hopeless husbands/partners who would not listen to the woes of their own wives. That is more irritating i feel. More men can understand the pain of the women friends and think lowly of her husband but have no such regard for their own wives :D my dh is like that. he would say"poor woman, her husband does so and so to her".. and i will be thinking "you think you are so perfect??" so this is the worst situation that can happen.
    4. a man confides to a man: "come lets go for a drink" :D

2 people like this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Well said. Reminds me of Einstein's quote, "Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."

3 people like this.