1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing Household Chores in Married Life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Induslady, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Positive reinforcement? :p

1 person likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Do unto the husband as you do unto the child? :)

4 people like this.
  3. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Exactly. Say please and thank you. Tell firmly that you need a hand rather than ask or nag. Don't take the "no!" personally. Nip any disrespect in the bud. Be the adult in control at all times and everything will fall in place.

5 people like this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

bessst! Though I do sorely miss the stick sometimes ;)

2 people like this.
  6. sreekutty

sreekutty Gold IL'ite

Indeed an interesting topic !!!!!!!

I dont know whether I am right but according to me, if we need to be ever happy in our family life, (which is must for our busy schedule) the best way is not to give instructions to our hubbies to do our house chores. Instead, if we try to manage with our finance section like paying our electricity-telephone-dth bills, monitoring our savings and pay all insurances, credit card bills correctly then it would be an added advantage for our hubbies and their liability will be in 50% ease. They are poorly hard working the whole day for their families so if we don't pile them up by screwing their heads daily about paying all bills, they would mentally be free when they return home.

If both partners are working then try to finish work enthusiastically by enjoying what we are doing. Divide your house chores among each n every persons including kids. In this way the house would be cleaned, food would be cooked and all remaining cleanings would be done in just a click away. Working together by enjoying among each other would make it easy to complete our work plus we wont be feeling stressed out, once we are back from office.

After finishing the work, watch television altogether and make ready for next day while our eyes are busy watching serials. Give each members, some work like peeling peas, cutting leafy vegetables, knead dough etc...next day it would be easy and not in a messy way.

According to me, if husbands are given household works and if we and our kids join them, they would of course give it a finishing touch. After all its everybody's duty to keep our house clean. We have a plus point of making our kids too trained to keep their house clean plus to make a habit of sharing everything.

7. Hari4all

Hari4all New IL'ite

I think it's great to share chores for those who may need some help
    My chores: clean house, laundry, cook all meals and teas, teach our oldest the schoolwork, bathe all children, play with them, and arrange finances

Husbands chores: eat, sleep, go to work, watch movies lol ❤️

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

“Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” – Barnett R. Brickner
    If you have the spirit of understanding everything in a positive way, you will enjoy each and every moment of life, whether it’s pressure or pleasure. When the couple share the work it becomes easy for both of them

While I was working my husband used to help me in the kitchen . He used to have Wednesday off and me Saturday and Sundayoff. So on Wednesdays he used to look after the children, bathe them and attend to whatever they require. He used to go and early and come back early , so used to bring the kids to the station to meet me when I come back from office. Sharing and caring we brought up our children, he teaching the important things in life , they got married and settled.

After retirement he is busy in social work. Morning he takes bath first, keeps for rice and boils milk and I do the other cooking. On days when I do archana, sometimes he makes chapathi if I have not finished doing it. He never feels this is a lady's work, he is ready to help in anything. But as far as possible I dont like to trouble him. When he has to go for social work , he brings the vegetables and when it is not possible for him I bring the vegetable. I take care of maintaining the Fixed Deposit Account and Investments, writing the pay in slip and he deposits the cheques in the bank . But he only decides about keeping in Fixed Deposit etc. He is in charge of the house and whatever he tells I follow because he knows what is best for us.

As far as possible to maintain peace in the house I dont like to argue for anything and like to keep him happy. I am happy when he likes the dishes I prepare, I give the medicines he has to take and sometime she himself has but I see that he has taken the medicines. I also try to help him in his social work by attending phone calls and taking the messages.

He only decides about going for any marriages outside Bombay. While going out of Bombay I only pack our clothes , he never sees also what I have taken because he knows that I will take care of that part.

9. sbadam

sbadam New IL'ite

Very Interesting thread! Both of us work outside of our home

Mine:
    Daily: Unload dishwahser, Wake up kids, get them ready, breakfast, drop and pick my DS, prepare dinner, feed DS dinner put kids to bed

Weekly: Put clothes to laundry

DH:
    Daily: Helps me get the kids ready, drop and pick DD, play with kids while I cook dinner, feed DD dinner (yeah its a big task :crazy ), clean kitchen, load dish washer
    Weekly: Vaccum the house, fold laundry, garbage disposal

Groceries and other outside stuff on weekend shared between us - depends on if the kids are asleep either of us go or else all of us go

Financial, Vacation, any major decision - both contribute and decide

10. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Interesting thread ..thought i share my household routine too.

I have excluded baby duties as I have MIL to help me with baby until September,she does most of baby duties whole day. It would be interesting to divide baby duties between me and hubby after she goes as i used to do almost everything for baby before i started work.

I do all planning / shopping / finance around the house. Hubby goes for food shopping if i give him list , otherwise i do that also myself. he doesn't like making bed, putting clothes in place, keeping shoes in shoe rack. I used to do his things ,or used to tell him to keep his things in place..but not anymore as i don't want to argue on those matters. We have separate wardrobe , i don't care if he keeps his clothes unfolded or messy as im tired of telling him to keep things in place. HE loves to spend time on his phone , 70% of his time when he is home is with his phone.

Nevertheless, this is his and mine things to do at home:

Daily:

Mine:-
    Prepare lunch for both of us before work, after work , make dinner , tidy kitchen..water garden.

his:
    Do dishes after dinner in the evening.

Weekly:

Mine: cleaning house/kitchen , gardening , shopping(We go together) , laundary etc

His: Hoovering the house , cleaning bathroom , cutting grass in garden once i a month in summer.