Sharing house with strangers

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by sadwife, Oct 14, 2015.

1. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi.
    Currently my DH is renting a room in Musaffah. The house owner doesn't stay there. Our initial plan was I and my kids stay with my DH there for few months.

But recently the house owner came back from India and stays there. And has rented out another room to one more guy.

I don't feel comfortable and safe to stay there as DH will leave to work early in the morning and will be back only in the evening. I told my DH that it's better for us not to join him as it's not safe to share house with them especially with kids when I need to leave them alone to use the toilet etc. DH says there's nothing to worry, the house set up is such that I will not have to face them but I'm not convinced.

Anyone sharing a house with others?
    Is this the usual trend over there?

Thanks for your time.

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Sadwife

Even If that is the situation at the moment, still there's no reason to worry. Everyone majorly minds their own business and hardly intentionally would want to stir the hornet's nest.

Hope it helps.

3. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sadwife,

Sharing is common in the gulf, as rents are expensive. Families do stay in sharing and everybody minds their own business. You have nothing to worry about. At the initial stage of moving here, people stay in sharing till they get their finances settled. Rent as you know is 1 / 2 / 3 payments in a year, then move to own space depending on finances.

do you have kids of school age, if yes then do check school status as its mid year, admission are difficult to get, you can ask your DH to check the schools here whether the children would get admission before you take TC from their current schools.

sindmani likes this.
  4. sweetchinu

sweetchinu New IL'ite

Dear sadwife...yeah its true Families do stay in sharing and everybody minds their own business....so no need to worry...where u stay in mussafah....i stay in mbz.city near to mussafah

5. Shiyaz

Shiyaz New IL'ite

hi