Sharing Experiences

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by MonikaSG, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

@MonikaSG nice thread and thank you for sharing experiences ..I wanted to write an answer but I think it will run into pages.. Life lessons learnt and relearnt , they are all work in progress. Biggest lesson learnt is that life is not meant to be fair. its a myth that if you do good things and you are a good person , if you work hard , good things will happen to you. No , we are destined to have our share of bad experiences and disappointments and the only thing you can do is stop fighting it and accept it. I have become cynical , I believe there is a god but I am disappointed with that entity for not being merciful enough..

Vaikuntha, Mistt, salad and 4 others like this.
  2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to hear you are going from a very tough phase. My prayers and wishes are with you. Please don't be so disappointed. Everything has some reason and has the time limit to come to an end.

Sandycandy, Shreema86 and jskls like this.
  3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

@Umanga would love to hear from you too some experiences of your life.

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@MonikaSG since you asked I am sharing my lessons learnt. Yes truly I have been called Iron Lady ... as my struggles started as early as 10 years of age.

My experiences have taught me to
    Let go, Live in the moment,Meaning of unconditional love and real happiness.. I am still learning to practice and it’s a work in progress.

Do you remember the story of Valmiki how he became a saint from a thief ? I realized pretty late in life that I am responsible for all the decisions I took good or bad for whom so ever I took it and I will/am the only one paying its price.

Most of us live for our loved ones happiness. But unless or otherwise we ourselves are happy within we will not be able to give it to others. So in that process of finding true happiness realized that one can be happy within without any reason. No need for external reasons to define our happiness. But to keep this practicing continuously is a challenge. Long way to go.

Atleast now I know my world around me. It took my slumber soul to realize impermanence of life after losing precious ones that loved me My problems are like a dust when I see bigger issues around. But what am I doing about it is the biggest question I ask myself. Yet to find something that I could contribute to the world in someway not for any other reason but for my own peace.

Vaikuntha, messedup, iyerviji and 8 others like this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

@Umanga would love to hear from you too
    Thanx for sharing... Your life must be very tough as you described. But all those struggles gave you many lessons. I feel that is life all about. To learn while exploring. I too felt in many places that being happy is within us. There were times when I used to depend on others for that. But now I really need nothing extra. My life don't have that many struggles as you had. I can see a very strong person in you who has the courage to fight from almost everything that come to your way. Really liked the way you take your life. My best wishes are there for you. May you get a more peaceful life now. Again Thanks for sharing your experience.

iyerviji and jskls like this.
  6. Happygirl6

Happygirl6 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shreema

I exactly think of the same thing which you mentioned in your post every day. Life is destined before and we have to face our karma even we havent harmed anyone in this life . I had gone through every struggle in my life . If i look back now i think Life is definetely not fair and it should move on regardingless what ever situation in your life . I used to compare my lifes with other people before but now i understood if i compare it results in more pain . I will continue to keep my efforts regardless what ever the result is .I should be happy with whatever i have eventhough i may not get everything in life. Its frustating for me when i see people getting great things where even though i work very hard i am left over with the minimal things.

joylokhi, periamma and Sandycandy like this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Umanga ??? I haven’t seen him in a long time ? What about @Nonya ? She’s MIA too !

Btw, Happy new year Monika ! Hope to read more wonderful thoughts from you !

MonikaSG likes this.
  8. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thanks dear...Happy New Year to you too...:)
    Umanga liked my post...nonya must be celebrating the new year...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Sandycandy likes this.
  9. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Life is tough for you still you choose an id of happy girl that shows how positive you are about your life. Comparison of any two things is not possible. Every entity has its own identity. Please don't feel low by comparing. You have decided to keep up the hard work is the best thing to do. Just give your best and leave the rest and all the best. :)

Sandycandy and Happygirl6 like this.
  10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

@stayblessed and @salad you both are reading quietly. I can see both of you. :) please share your thoughts too. I am looking forward to it.

stayblessed and Sandycandy like this.