1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Sweet Moments with your Husband which will be Sweet Memories

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Sep 8, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

When I got married I was happy that I am married but I was not so happy with some things. I expected my husband to be in an Officer grade, but though he was not in Officer grade I later understood that he is full of knowledge which is required in life and a gem of a person. While going we are not going to take anything with us except the good things will come with . He was staying in a Chal and my mother in law, his two nephews and brother in law were with us . They were very helpful and were very loving.

Now coming to the sweet things which I cant forget and which will be happy memories always. I learnt cooking from my husband as before marriage I was not interested in cooking. For delivery I did not go to my mother's house, my mother came and stayed with me and my husband was of great help during my delivery. After five years we got our own house a flat, by that time my mother in law expired and my bil, and his nephews were in different place. When I used to come back from work, he used to bring the kids , my 3 children to the station and we used to go back home.
    He used to help me in the kitchen and take care of the chidlren too. He used to come home before me, so evening cooking he used to take care, though morning cooking will be there, he has to heat it and will give me coffee.
    He used to accompany for any picnics or any programmes in the office

After retirement I was not allowing him to help inthe kitchen. But since two years after my cataract operation, he only takes bath first, then boils milk, keeps for rice and later I strain it. The days when I have to do archana he makes chapathi too. On Tuesdays and Saturday we go to Ganeshji temple and Navagraha temple. In Ganeshji temple they give milk and tilgul as prasad. Tilgul my husband takes first and gives me. Since we have milk , he first washes his hands and gives me water to wash.

Though earlier I was thinking having a posh house etc will make me happy in the marriage but later I understood that all that if they are not there also one can be happy. When husband is a gem of a person and loving and caring that is enough. My retired life is very happy , we both are there for each other and children are also loving and caring and now they are abroad and always keep in touch. Since my husband is a social worker , he earns lot of punya and while going all that punya will come with him and I am also blessed.

As I had written in my snippet we are different from each other but we complete each other. If he leaves the world before me I will ahve so many happy memories about him. My wish is we should leave the world together but dont know what are God's plans. I will be happy if my husband goes before me because it will be difficult for him to live without me though his children will take good care of him, but for a man his wife is everything.

People go through their whole lives chasing everything in the material world, and they fail to discover the greatest treasure of all, which is within them. Shut your eyes to the outside world. Direct your thoughts and words to the inside of you. The Master within you is the key to all the treasures in the world……From ~ The Secret.

often we regret for small small things in life and
    overlook to acknowledge the things which we have.
    Let us acknowledge the grace within us and
    Be grateful for the infinite good things which we possess.

sheztheone, shravs3, paru123 and 34 others like this.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

very True Mami...

We should count our blessings, before we count our worries.

As I read somewhere, we should first stop crying and feel ourselves blessed that we are not born in Iraq or Syria..... See how people are struggling there due to war and other things. While MIL-DIL, financial issues and other things are making as so weak what about them??? I don't think they even have time to think about these issues because the problems they are face are quite larger than these things.

So lets count our blessings and feel happy for we don't have plenty to live.... Love unconditionally and spread smiles.... :)

6 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

Thanks for your first feedback, the tittle itself says sweet moments with husband, you can give feedback for my post

4. iyerviji

YOu are right @Vani dear we should count our blessings and while going the good things only will come with us . I learnt about life only after growing and after experience that Life is full of blessings. Yes dear if we see how others are struggling then only we understand how blessed we are.

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We were newly married,our first month together as a couple .I was still very shy ,so was he.
    I would follow him around in the house like a puppy.
    He would come home for a quick and hurried lunch in the afternoon.
    We had lunch and and he picked up his helmet to leave.
    As he was leaving ,I whispered "I love you"....more to myself than for him.(those were the days when we had not started hugging and kissing bye to each other...were still shy)
    He turned and looked at me with a big smile on his face and eyes and whispered "I know,I can feel it".I was so pleased ,embarrassed,red faced ,tingled...all at once.
    One of the many sweet little memories.The ones that you go and hide behind the bigger ones.....only to peek out once in a while.

Thanks Ma'am....for reminding me of this one.

6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@yellowmango..... Very good one...

The bold,daring yellowmango blushing like a green tender mango.... hehhehe

( just kidding)

7. iyerviji

wow @yellowmango I also second @Vani. I also used to expect these moments but I was in a joint family. Rarely we used to get time to be together. But no regrets I enjoyed staying in joint family and everyone was loving and caring and respect me a lot. That reminds me after we started staying separately we used to do say bye in the way you said :)

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We should have a thread on this.

How to say bye to husband the joint family way and the nuclear family way?:-D

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

U can take the lead and start the thread!!!!!!! pour in ur lovely moments:2thumbsup:

Sandycandy, iyerviji and yellowmango like this.
  10. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

It is truly a blessing to have a loving husband and family.

2 people like this.