1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share Your Special Memories From Special Times

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sandhya13, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Pregnancy is such a special time for every couple. As a couple, we go through plethora of emotions in the 9 month journey. This thread is to share the funny/stupid/awwwwww things (that you find cute) in the name of care that your DH did to you/baby in tummy while you are pregnant. ;)

I have so many special memories of pregnancy. My parents were supposed to come after delivery for help but they couldn't due to other circumstances. So, it was only DH all along with me and when I think of those special days I feel like getting pregnant again just for all the extra special attention and care :)

Here are a few that I can instantly think of. I will come back when I think of more:

1. I had nausea and was throwing up all day during first trimester. Every time I threw up, DH was so nervous and tensed. He would walk in and out of the bathroom several times like how in movies the new father walks outside the hospital delivery room when his wife is in labor. :D
    His thinking was that I am depriving our baby of the nutrients that baby would otherwise get from the food I threw up. :facepalm::facepalm:

2. I was not supposed to bend down. Period. He bought me a loofah body brush with handle so that I don't have to bend to reach my legs while bathing. :confused: And he was the one who applied moisturizer cream to my legs EVERY single time since I shouldn't bend. :mad:
    His thinking was that by bending I am crunching my tummy and squeezing our baby. :BangHead:
    Of course I did bend when he is not noticing :p

3. There was a doctor visit just before my discharge after delivery in the hospital. Till then it was always female doctors that had attended me. But the doctor who came for consultation before discharge was a male. My DH is hopeless when it comes to remembering the medical terms associated to pregnancy (or I should say all medical terms) like cervix, dilation, effacement, colostrum etc. The male doctor as he was just about to finish turned towards my DH and asked what contraceptive method you use. And my DH just froze. It took some time to even process the question. It was so funny to see him. I replied to the doctor though.
    DH later told me that once he was able to process that question, he felt awkward since it was too personal according to him :BangHead: