1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Share your physiotherapy experiences please...

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by latharam09, Mar 20, 2011.

1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

I thought of starting this thread to discuss about various health issues with regard to physiotherapy. So that myself and others can be aware of all dos and donts Please share your experiences. Also about physiotherapists, how do they care about our health, how do they guide you, How do you take care of yourselves etc. Share your good or bitter experiences too.

As far as I am concerned, I am very lucky to have got a very good physiotherapist. A girl too. Later she became a very good personal and family friend of mine. Till now, we maintain a good relationship.

I have Cervical Spondilitis. I was Under physio treatment for 10 days per year, for 3 years totally. Taken Ultra sound and wax therapy too. Then felt better. But taking care of myself, by not lifting weights, hard work etc. My habit is to clean then and there . So i cant leave any chores to do later. But somehow I restricted myself. Doing it by a proper plan. If i do dusting one day, I leave the cleaning of toilets, etc for some other day. But doing it by routene. Eventhen, suffering on and off.

Please share your views/experiences etc. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Its good that you got a good physiotherapist, and also someone with whom you have cultivated a good rapport. That's important.

I hope you get better with subsequent treatment.

I dont have experiences to share, but wish you good luck :thumbsup

3. latharam09

Thank you for dropping in Spidey, Yes, I am taking care of myself.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

My hubby is siffering by lower back pain in past few months due to Long travel in two weheeler daily and long hrs sitting. will u pls tell me, her name???

1.Any gud Physiotherapist in Chennai??

5. latharam09

Hi Ooviya,

My physiotherapist got married and given birth to her child recently. so she s not practising nowadays. consult your family doctor, He/she would refer you a good physiotherapist near your area. Take care.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Unfortunately physiotherapy has not really helped me much with my back/hip pain. I am at present undergoing shoulder treatment. It is pretty painful - the physiotherapy itself. I will have to wait and see what the results are like.

7. latharam09

Thank you for stepping in Satchi. My prayers are for you. Get well soon.

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Few years back, i met with an accident and got elbow fracture. After the casting was removed, felt severe pain and i could not move my hand or put it down. So, i was recommended a physio therapist by the ortho and just a day he explained what are the exercises to be done and i did it devotedly and within a month i was able to move it. But could not lift any weight. But slowly and steadily over the period of two years, i was able to use it and stretch it normally.

9. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Take care Latha Akka.

I got leg fracture and even after removing mavu kattu my pain was not reduced. It have been advised to visit physiotherapist. I did wax treatment and in one week time i m comfortable.

Some few months before my neck muscles got locked and severe pain. I got treatment from threaphist in tnagar and it is more comfort now. The pain was severe and they reduced with their hand techniques.

Regards,
    Lavanya

10. latharam09

Oh Mira, while reading itself, I can feel your pain. How did you manage ? Anyhow, nice to know that you have become normal now. Take care. Thanks for stepping in. Be cautious while handling things dear.