Share your Pet's funny incidents and behavior

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by easy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

OMG!:rotfl :rotfl

2. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

I really liked all the posts here.

Well my pet is a lil diff from urs... It was a cat. He lived with us for more than 6 yrs and died 10 yrs back. After him we couldnot get any pet till date.

Our cat was born in the house itself (a cat whome i used to feed had delivered it in the house). Since the time he opened his eyes nad started walking.. he used to sleep with me in my balnket and I used to and still love him a lot. He was very cute and lovable. As he grew.. his demands also grew a lot. He used to drink only hot milk.. never touched cold milk).. even if we keep open plate of food... he never ate from it until it is his own plate. ANyway he needed milk the entire day.. but still his most wanted times were.. when my mom-dad used to hvae tea in the morning... later when my sis gets up n has tea in the mrning.. and after tht when i get up to have milk.... he was a big petu.

and for his understandins and skills.. it was no differnt than a dog.. he picked up our language very quickly and used to understand it very well.

His was so charmingly fat.. that his 1st impression to any one was as if he was preganant :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well he never used to like if we left him alone (we used to keep window open for him all day n night). He used to love me like anything. anytime i used to leave the house he used to lick my face and kinda kiss me. Whenever anyone was back home.. he used to start with cont. meow meaow... na dwould not stop until we take him on our lap, love him and pamper him.

I dunt knw how.. but anytime before my mom n dad cam e home he used to come to knw and used to start his meow meow in advance only. everyone started loving him like a family member. He used to have dinner with us only.

Well this incident happened 2 times. My cat had found a female cat and use to be invisible in the dinner time also. he used to leave teh hosue in evenings nad come home.. god knws when...

once my mom was very tired and she did not cook roti (my cat used to love hot rotis with ghee.. would never eat 1 w/o ghee or if it is cold). but she left food for him in his plate.. so that when he returns he can eat. But as soon as came and did not see roti in his plate.. he started with his meow meow.. it was like 2 in the night... he went to my mom .. started licking her... meowing her... until she got up.. finally my mom got up.. she knead the dough nad made 3 rotis for him na dgave him. AFter that he was happy nad slept... this happened one more time... bu tthis time it was around 4 in the morning.
    After this wenever he was not with us in dinner time.. my mom :rotflused to just put non veg in his plate.. so that he doesnt wake any1 up.

Other incident... we used to buy fish for him, boil it and give it to him quite often. Once it was a very religious day.. so my mom asked us not to take any fish at home for him. whenever the fishwala used to come in our colony.. he used to come to our window first to give fish for cat. So this time we said no... and my cat got so furious.. that he starting going around in circles ending up tearing pages of a book.

Another incident.. he was crazy behind this 1 female cat who used to live in our same building. So to tease him.. we jsut used to call her name.. and he used to get up and run towrds teh door. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl it was so funny..
    But he was a true gentlecat.. anytime this female cat used to come to our home.. he used to let her eat frm the plate first and then used to eat if any leftover. :rotfl:rotfl

Oh god.. i can go on and on with his stories...

I really miss him till date. Dont knw when can I pet anyone agian.

4 people like this.
  3. katy22

katy22 New IL'ite

Hi all.

My cat does an extraordinary "praying" move. He sits down and starts doing that and it is soo funny :)

2 people like this.
  4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all..this thread has slowed down???..
    anyways just wanted to share a incident regarding Harley (my lab- 2.5yrs old!!!).. as I've written earlier Harley doesn't really know he is a dog.. he wants to be included in all talks and happenings of the house.. recently MIL came here .. she spoils him to death.. he is all the while behind her .. wagging his tail... well she had a cataract operation and needs to put eyedrops several times.. the morning 8:00 a.m drop I put for her.. now this doggie saw me doing something for MIL which maybe in his perspective looked interesting.. so after a few days of constant observation.. once I put all the drops.. he follows me and starts barking.. running back and forth to the centre table where the drops are... so in good humour my MIL says "what you want eyedrops too?".. and this fellow sits upright and looks at me.. so just for fun I took the drops and pretended to put in his eye and wiped with tissue.. believe me he was satisfied after that.. now every morning our faithful immediately comes and barks at MIL at sharp 8:00a,m ( how he knows the time I wonder??) and both of them sit and I put drops for her and then pretend the same to him!!!.. he is really funny!!!what say?

7 people like this.
  5. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

hi kelly1966,
    It's believable what u said. becoz my pet cat in my home usually wakes up my mom by 5am by mewing near her leg in the bed. Nobody trained her, but it's happening for the past 2 years, i too don't know how my pet knows the time is exactly 5am. I think our pets one grasped and reminded anything, they can't forget anything. Lovely pets.........

3 people like this.
  6. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

harley is so cute kelly ;-).I guess they have a biological clock..chotu also comes and waits in the gate..usually at the time of my return from office
    as far as chotu now..i left him in the kennel for sometime in june.. god .he is infected with so much of ticks..i had the tick drops also.. normally that brings ticks to control..this time it is not helping ;-(
    any other suggestions
    prabha

1 person likes this.
  7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Prabha
    there is a medicated tick shampoo which you have to use once a week for 3-4 weeks.. I can't remember the name though.. after that its best to put the protektor spray or the vial.. actually you can use the vial also now.. best is call your vet..or even ask in the pet shop you go to generally they help also.
    K

8. meerapavya

meerapavya Silver IL'ite

My Stephy is a cross breed Black Labrador.

she eats anything she finds, the left out balloon wastes my DD leaves outside, the slippers, my DD's notebooks, my car cover, two wheeler cover,

Yesterday she got untied somehow and when i saw her completely finished off my mom's new slippers, and what to do we are helpless.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  9. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

meera ..ur stephy is cute ;-) looks like she is very young .When chotu was young..even i hv lost many sandals..he has bitten our wooden chairs etc.Nothing to worry .. i think she is teething
    better get her some chewsticks and some rubber balls..will be available in petshops.

1 person likes this.
  10. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

as far as chotu now..i left him in the kennel for sometime in june.. god .he is infected with so much of ticks..i had the tick drops also.. normally that brings ticks to control..this time it is not helping ;-(
    any other suggestions
    Hi Prabha,

This happens with all dogs who are left in kennels ....we had faced this too.You can get good medicated shampoos or Tick Baths that need to be applied and left on for a period of time specified .Once all the ticks are gone get a good brand TICK COLLAR .This is usually in plastic and can be worn along with the regular collar .This will prevent further infestation.The collar lasts for 6months at a time It has meducation in it.

1 person likes this.