Share your Pet's funny incidents and behavior

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by easy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

LOL.. even I can't stop talking about Snoopy, my pom (though he died long back). Once my mom and me started talking about Snoopy to my SIL and realized after a while that she (SIL) had dozed off :rotfl:bonk:rotfl

5 people like this.
  2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

This thread has become a daily roster update.
    So today's Adhyaya of Dolly Fun Puraan
    She was always possesive about our love and pampering. So we were not to touch or be nice to any other animal at all.
    There was another neighbour's doggy who would visit sometimes. And just like kids mom would give them both Dolly's snacks like biscuits etc. One day we gave them both a biscuit each. Dolly kept her's aside and then snatched it from the other one didn't let her eat.
    The other one was smaller than our Shona. When we met them at the ground, Dolly would stand over her and poor puppy would be looking from under her belly.
    If we pick up any other puppy, she would keep jumping to snap it and barking at us to put it down and take her instead.
    Needless to say she would make us pay dearly for being traitors.

6 people like this.
  3. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi vaidehi,
    dolly is so cute and intelligent.
    we are very close to chotu's vet..so we keep visiting his clinic often.and needless to say with so many dogs comign there we end up petting /lifting them..but once i come home from vet..chotu would smell us from top to bottom..like a custom dog sniffing.. and he will run towards the gate to make sure we hv not brought any dog home ;-)
    infact when my son was small..chotu was so possessive abt him and his things..he would not let anyone/my maids to touch him.. my maids were afraid to touch my son..as chotu was there like bodygaurd..tgt he is the gaurdian ..

6 people like this.
  4. meVaidehi

Thanks easy!
    Ditto here. she would always smell "the woh" and keep sniffing us running around. We had to do some extra maska mari like a husband who comes home with lipstick stains on his shirt or some women's perfume or hair.
    Vaidehi

2 people like this.
  5. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

I had a spitz when i was in college. His favourite was banana. The banana vendor would tip him 2 bananas irrespective of we buying that day or not. If not my Tuffy would bark very loud. He loved to eat snacks and biscuits. He would stand next to you like a magic the minute he hears a cover opening sound. I would sneak and try opening the biscuit pack as slow as possible, yet his sharp ears wouldnt fail. He would bark profusely against the cow in the street as long as he was safe inside the gate. Once I opened the gate and the cow shook her head towards Tuffy. He jumped and ran into the house, hiding himself under the cot, shivering and shaking. We had a nice laugh.

7 people like this.
  6. meVaidehi

No more stories?
    Let me add one
    When Dolly was about 2-3 months old we once went out for a walk in the lanes near our house. There was a baby cow (calf) on the road passing by. As I was with her, madam suddenly became Jhasi ki rani and started barking and running at the poor dear. Right then the mother cow came pointing her horns. You guessed right Dolly ran back to hide behind me but the mommy cow was so pissed. I realized there was no point in running she is sure gonna hurt us. So I sat down and took Dolly in my arms completely hidden with my back to the cow. I was praying she wouldn't hurt me too much but was kind of prepared. She was about to attack us when a local general store owner suddenly ran out with a big stick and she backed off.
    But she still didn't give up on being dominating when we were around.

7 people like this.
  7. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

well, am a silent spectator as I had told I would be reading the pets forum regularly....:coffee and oh my ! :eek:mg: at first I thought you were going to share some funny incident, but as I read along, realized that it was just close to being a dangerous incident! but nice to hear that you escaped unhurt !

and well, coming to the reason why I thought I must post here is....just as I finished reading this post of yours, I happened to look at the top of the post to see who's posted and noticed your avatar....though i'm not at all sure if this kind of a thought would have occurred to you about your avatar pic.....but it was funny that it occurred to me this way !!! see the pic...the cow is behind and maa yashoda is holding baby krishna, as if to protect!!! :-D :-D....not that the cow in the avatar is dangerous....but somehow it funnily crossed my mind, that whatever you described kind of resembled that situation...!!!! maybe its my perception...but still !!!

and i think the very selfless act of yours trying to save your puppy actually got you a savior from somewhere you may not have expected!!! :) :thumbsup

I just couldn't contain myself from posting here, though I don't have any such incidents to share... !

1 person likes this.
  8. meVaidehi

Thank you so much outofthebox,
    I didn't realize earlier but yes there is similarity and She definitely was my baby. And the store owner was neighbour so knew us very well. He was watching us smiling earlier for her barking and came running to our rescue thanks to him and God.

1 person likes this.
  9. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

vaidehi,
    Scary yaar. Even my chotu behaves like a warrior inside the gate.. tries to chase .stray dogs/cows/strangers. The minute i open the gate , he will run inside the house. He is a perfect seetha.. he will never cross the lakshman rekha(our gate) without us.

3 people like this.
  10. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Do any of your dogs do this: When you come back from somewhere, start sniffing your mouth to determine what you have eaten outside and after the sniffing is complete, then sharply exhale, as if you STINK?
    My doggie used to do that.. so rude..and funny..
    I have seen other dogs do this with others too..

4 people like this.