1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your nose ring story here - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Anupama S

Anupama S New IL'ite

mine was too painfull , i am into pierced community by wearing a ring with dangling pendants.:clap
    one after noon beacause of my mothers compeltion we two went to goldsmith to pierce my nose

i sat in front of him he marked the piercing spot in the rignt nostril which is on the curve about half inch from the tip of the nostril

he started to make ring about 20mm dia circle and the wire was 20 gauge thick the make one end little sharp to pierce. during the gap before piercing he put a sample ring of non piercing type in my piercing spot and screwed it very tightly from inside of my nostril that ring is very heavy about 20 grams. the ring was very decorative with pendants and stones, so my mother took some 10 pictures from all my sides of my face.
    i can't tolerate the pain, started crying. he left me with the ring for 1 hour to prepare for piercing i lied down and cryed for the time. my mother convinced me a lot
    he came back with some tools and a little heated coal in a pot
    he told my mother to hold my head tightly and asked his servant to grab my hands back .he lifted my face up and my mother closed my eyes.
    he made the sharp end red hot and removed the sample ring
    suddenly i felt a huge pain. after a few seconds he placed the ring in the marked spot and pushed the ring hard i cant bear the pain i cryed too loudly
    after 15min the ring came outside and he added 6 pendants in the ring
    the ring beacame heavy to me.
    he closed the ring twisting the two ends
    all over we left home and the pain increased and after next five day's the pain
    disappeared the ring began to rotate freely

i mother want's too pierce my left side also to wear besthari
    she is searching for the traditional one.please help us to find the jewellery

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear anupama,
    this ordeal looks too long and painful nowadays there are gunshots available in all the leading jewellery stores pl check with some one for an easier way out, we go to the gold smith is because he will not where to pierce without piercing the vein which causes a lot of problem later and never heals so pl see a different man with the latest technology it is very swift and a few seconds of pain which can be subsided with some painkillers, it is very painful to read ur ordeal here..sunkan

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunkan ma'am

I saw this thread today and loved reading th experience of everyone.

In punjabi community especially among Brahmins, the marriage is not complete without the nose ring(Known as Nath in Punjab and Nathania in U.P). The nose ring and the traditional red bangles Known as (Chudaa, most of the films show punjabi marriages, so one can easily identify the newly married by those red bnagles) are are gifted by maternal grandmother or Mama(mother's brother).

I am the eldest grandchild on both sides, so my nani(my maternal grandmother) really was very excited to see me in the attire of bride. As per her view, I have a beuatiful nose and she wanted to gift me really beautiful nath, so I got pierced in 10th class and it was not painful at all.

I grew up dreaming about the dream nath that would be gifted(as it is not shown to the girl till the marraige day arrives and I got it on my marriage day . Wow, it was beautiful(I don't have it with me)

Enjoyed the thread.
    Best Regards
    Ansh

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

so what ansh, u can always get one if u make up ur mind, all the best for your dream to come true..sunkan

5. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi sunkan ma'am
    this is a picture of me with my mukuthi...
    finally i managed to upload it...
    glad to see the thread still running...

cheers
    -maya-

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

vow u look cute, nice to c u with the mukuthi, it changes ur features right..happy u could post it here...all the best..sunkan

[​IMG]

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Mine is a big story in this regard. Pierced 3 times. Have to write a short story. So, just sharing this. Now, I'm wearing a small diamond one(don't prefer big things).....Which was the first anniversary gift from my DEAR HUSBAND.

Love,
    Oviya.

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

oviya,
    i think i have the patience to hear u out too, wish you had written any way happy about the anniversary gift, all the best may god bless him for showing all these little happiness to oviya...sunkan

9. jaya1982

jaya1982 New IL'ite

Any one here wearing rettai mookkuthi? (Any one wearing studs/rings on both nostrils?)
    -Jaya

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

My strory abt nose ring :

I pierced my nose only after my marriage.....I got married to a loving person on 1st December 2006. And I pierced the nose at the end of April'07.

Actually I wanted to do this before marriage itself. But unfortunately there was no time gap between my engagement and marriage date. My engagement was on 29th October & marriage on 1st december. We hardly had 4 weeks gap. We dont even had the time to meet or speak over phone...But leave all those - its a different story...how me &my hubby understood each other within the short span of time....

Due to time lack I din pierce my nose....Because people said as I was already 24yrs & its difficult to pierce the nose. The nose would have become soo hard and it will be very painful if u pierce and it takes longer period to settledown with the nose ring. And moreover, some people will catch cold & fever sometimes if they pierce etc....So I dont want to take risk at the time of my marriage & din do that before my marriage. And my in-laws also din say anything about that. But in our custom we have to wear nose ring at the time of marriage, so I wore a readymade one at the time of marriage.

After marriage also I was telling my husband that I want to pierce my nose and he was shocked and told me that it will be very painful. Moreover, he always use to tell me that I have got a very small nose and it will be difficult for the goldsmith to find a place to pierce.....He will be kidding my nose always....But still I wanted to do that.

Me, my mom, my husband & my MIL went for shopping in T-Nagar GRT. Suddenly I got the idea of piercing my nose. I told this to my mom and she bought a small stud from GRT and went to the Goldsmith there in GRT. My nose itself is very small, so it was difficult to find a stud to suit my nose. Finally we got it. Even that time also my husband was totally against this. But I said - Yes I want to do it immediately Rant. We waited for more than an hour to pierce my nose.

Atlast - O.M.G! am done !!!! I was too happy that time...The goldsmith told me that my nose was very thin and it was very easy for him to pierce. And I also din feel any pain Harhar. only at the time when he started inserting the nose stud I felt some pain. He din even use any spray or medicine so that I dont feel any pain.

When I came out of the shop my husband told me that its too good to see me with nose stud. And my mom & MIL were also very happy. We went home after an hour of shopping. It was a real surprise for my dad & FIL. My dad was too happy because he always wanted me to pierce my nose. But i was denying at that time :hide:.

My MIL gave me her diamond nose stud to me when I went to Bangalore (we were in chennai due to my husband's job and my in-laws are in Bangalore) before coming to US. She asked me to wear it immediately and also wanted me to wear it always. But as its diamond i dont want to take risk....because while taking oil bath sometimes the oil might get into diamond and it lose its glitterring....Moreover it was big for my nose and wont suit when I wear Jeans & t-shirt or skirts...So I removed it and now am wearing gold stud with white stone......

Hope you ppl will enjoy my story...:bowdown