1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your nose ring story here - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

hi veena
    amazing - but you really pierced your septum also ? Must be v v painful at this age

2. luvkushdust

luvkushdust New IL'ite

Hi im luvkushdust
    After i got married and came to Bangalore then only i see women and girls wearing small studs as nose pin very cute one.fall in love for cute nose pin.since i have got very long n nice nose, many people have suggested if it is pierced nose it would be lovely.I ve pieced my ear four times.my mom is dead against nose piercing so she said big "no" to my wishes.even after wedding also my husband was with my mother side but my mil was my side.one day my sister and mother came for visit to my home then i said to her "why don't we pierce our nose she said we will do it in our hometown" then chance came by i went to my native place for some family function then on that day was akshaya thrithiya.i went jewelry shop with my sis n bought second stud for me.Suddenly i remember the nospin thing,i asked her suddenly we decided asked mom.she said yes to me n no to my sister,but she decided to do with me.We did with little bit of scared as we both are afraid of needle.My husband said no till last minute.He use to make fun of me regarding nose piercing.After peircing i showed my husband my pic (as he didnt come with me).He said "wow it suits u very well " i got happy,a month later my husband got me small diamond 1.5 mm nose pin which to me was so surprise n happy.Iam a proud nose piercer.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

here is my story not about nose pin but ears, when I was in college all my friends used to have three rings to their ears, I was very found of them and decided I would also have two more on my ears. my mother warned me u cant resist the pain, but I didn't listen to here finally when my first ear was pierced my eyes were blank cant see any thing, sweeting all over the body, I thing my heart beat was stopped for a second,and I don't want the other ear to be pierced I cried like any thing . my mother was trying to convince me to pierce the second ear but I was not willing then. she was telling me how would I look one ear pierced. then she hold me tightly and the man pierced my second ear. my mother stood laughing at me. that experience I could never forget.

4. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Hii all how r u all,lovely stories surekhap so it hurted you -it's good -u need to face the pain

5. Lady1

Lady1 Silver IL'ite

Live for yourself.
    Mukuthi so take time to heal and they are quite uncomfortable. However, more valuables are coming along with the daughter in law so of course in laws will like!
    I personally like mukuthi but my husband did not want my nose pierced when we got married 50 years back. So, after all these years I got it when we visited India. After 4 months it had still not healed completely and I had to take it out for a medical procedure. Within one day the hole started closing up.
    I think I am going to change to clip nose stud. My husband started saying get it repierced etc., and I told him simply that it pains too much and is very difficult to blow nose etc and I am going to switch to clip or sticker kind which look just as good. He said I should stick with my first decision and I thought within myself: "No, I will stick with my second" and simply packed and put away my beloved pierced type stud. I am neither going to bring it up again nor respond if tgere is any mention of it and I think he knows it as well. See, that's how to be. Try anything if you like but if you still like stay with it but if you realize not as much, then feel free to not continue with it. It should however be because you either liked it or not. It should not matter what your mother in law, husband or your friends say or do. If mom in law scolds and compels thru hubby talk to them through your mom. But do whichever YOU can live with happily keep it on or change to clip on alternative, or none at all.

If you don't like you must have said that when it was first mentioned. You have it pierced out of fear. If you think it looks pretty then walk proud with them on and let people like it, complement you or say you look older but you don't take any of that seriously.
    If you cannot have it on because it hurts too much take it out, give it to your parents and tell them you cannot bear the pain. The elders will say you can get used to it, it will heal in time etc. But again just keep quiet but do not put it back in. It is your nose, your face, your life. Live it and in what happens with your body and your mind, YOU be in charge from day one. You don't have to be rude or frightened, just firm and decisive of what you would like long term. was customary for our men to have a tuft once married are we asking them to shave their heads except for that little bit in the back? Will they do it even if we ask? The nose has cartilage and mucous membrane on the inside which are tougher than ear lobes and do not heal easily but do close up in hours from the inside, if the thing is taken out and re piercing is extremely painful.
    You are still young so worry about what everyone else thinks and says and wishes for over your own choices. It is not disrespectful if you know what you like and can live with and stay clear and decisive in your own mind about this and then to others.
    Be decisive, be firm. Be happy.
    Good Luck!
    Malathi Ayangar

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I pierced my nose when I was in22th standard. I look good in it.I like my nose ring. My husband has no problem in it. If i like it , he also likes.

7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

i had mine during my LKG :D no idea in mid or in starting of LKG :) and also i have no idea whether it was painful or i cried at that time :) but it look nice on me :)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  8. Reila

Reila New IL'ite

I got my nose pierced when I where 18 , got it done in a Shop.
    It didnt hurt very much, the pain was comparable to getting a vactination.

But it took me lots of talking to convince my mother, that she would allow me to get the nose piercing. She doesnt like it and doesnt wear one.

I 'm wearing a beautiful flower shaped stud. Love it :)

9. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Got my nose pierced two years back only. Initially i wore a diamond nose pin...but on a recent Jaipur trip I saw a lady with my complexion and very similar facial features wearing a circular pure gold one. So this Dhanteras...before Deepawali...my DH gifted me the one:)

10. dharmesh85

dharmesh85 New IL'ite

Thant is wonderful. Now you can plan for ear piercings. That will look gorgeous on you. Please send your photos after getting done.