1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your nose ring story here - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. mahalakshmiy

mahalakshmiy New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Reading each one's experience make me even more nervous. I just have another 25 days more for my wedding. And my In las keep stressing upon the nose stud. Am really worried about the pain and will it suit all my dress types. :(
    So, should i ask for traditional piercing in the Gold shop instead of Gun is what I got. Any suggestions and consolations for me?

Thanks,
    Maha

(PS:Was been a regular passive member of Indusladies for long. I like this forum very much)

2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Re: My nose piercing and my life partner!

Hey Thanks Ami,
    Sorry as the thread has been moved here i didn't see your reply for so long. I don't know if it had vanished i would have done it again or not but for now i like the fact that i have an option to wear one of my few favourite ornaments. (I really don't like jewelery much its only very few authentic ones like Nath, Thushi and real ear rings no studs or screw ones but rings)

3. y2kar

y2kar New IL'ite

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I would suggest go in for normal Nose piercing as if you are going to wear nose stud with thick stem then the hole made by gun piercing will need to be widened as the stud will not easily pass through the hole. In normal piercing, the hole can be made a big one while piercing itself.

Karthik

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Interesting to know painful and happy experiences with nose studs. I am not from SI, so no experience of such experience for me.. though I have seen my grandmas generation, all my grandmas (my own and my fathers auntys) all with small nose studs. And I can't imagine their faces without that small nice glitter on their face! Even my eldest Aunty had her nose pierced and looked beautiful with the nose ring or a nose stud!

Neither my Mom nor me was interested for it.... given my generation and also because of my dreaded experience of my ear piercing! So I am deviating from nose piercing experience to ear piercing.... Sorry ladies... It was done when I was very young (nursery or so... and that time I used to eagerly wait when I'd have my ears pierced and wear those earrings I saw my Mom and Auntys flaunting :)

Oh God... What an experience I had. I was insistent and was in my grandpa's place for a vacation. My grandma brought a very old lady, her village-friend probably. She pierced it with a needle with a thread attached to it. No preparation, no antiseptic... I was with the attahced thread for a few days then was shifted to neem stick. During piercing I didn't feel much pain or so...OMG... after a few days, it started swelling with some fluid dripping :spin My brother used to tease me 'your ears have become like dates plants, that juice is dripping always:rotfl)

I had to undergo medication and let the holes go.... over time they were closed... I had my ears pierced again after years when i was grown up by a medical practitioner.

Dear Maha,
    I do not know about the SI rituals. If u do not have plans to carry it on for long or not much passionate for it, then can go for a the press-fit varieties for which piercing is not required:idea

5. sunitha100682

sunitha100682 New IL'ite

hiiii everyone ,
    i am sunitha sreenivas , 28 yr old, from bangalore,
    its my nose piercing story,

Actually i did not like wearing nose studs but my mother would always insist me doing that.. at the time my marriage mother-in-law also requested me to pierce nose and wear diamond studs.but i simply ignored their request[​IMG]. i turndown idea of nose piercing.even after marraige my mother-in-law always insists to pierce nose because its tardition of my in-law's family. my M.I.L. insisted that i shouldpierce my nose as it is a tradition in their family although my elder co sister has pierced their noses . all family members pierced noses and some wearing nose studs on both sides . i am only person without nose piercing , later every one request me to have nose stud. after 6 months of marraige i agreed to pierce nose .my mother-in-law took me to jewel shop and buy medium size diamond studs for me. then we went achari for nose piercing , he asked for side of piercing , my m-i-l told him both sides, i totaly shocked . then i told only 1 side i wil pierce . after lot discussion , my right nostril pierced and inserted diamond stud in it. it look very good . then i realised that i delayed nose piercing. should have pierced much earlier.even i promised my m-i-l that i wil pierce left side later . i love my nose piercing and nose studs. i am feel grt to follow indian and family traditions.

thanking .
    sunithasreenivas,
    bangalore

6. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Hello.... nothing to fear ... I have done it twice, left during marriage & right after marriage and both at home ... get it done be a proud member of this community
    Bye .. Soma

7. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Dear Maha

What happened , did u do that , share the experience ..... wish u a very happy married life

8. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

My mother did try to pierce my nose, but thanks to that holy pimple which popped out at that place, blocking the pierced hole. Till now I have that scar of 'attempt to pierce', but I am happy that I don't have to wear the nose ring, as it doesn't suit my face at all.
    Well at the time of my marriage, old ladies used to stare at my bare nose, so for there eye's satisfaction I used to stick a diamond bindi on my nose and I was quite successful on bluffing them as nobody came to know that it a bindi not a diamond nose ring.

9. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Very smart ... gr8 .....

10. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Again this thread has lost momentum ... what went wrong !!!!
    No one wants to continue or there are no new stories to share ??