1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your nose ring story here - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. venkatram

venkatram New IL'ite

Hi Soma when u have perced on both the side wear it with pride and no need to fear the society. its u r choce and be happy about it

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Re: Steal an article and post it here as if it is yours! - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta..

Hi Soma

One new story for you. My daughter got her left nose pierced thru gund shot and got the sterilized nose pin before last Diwali. then after a month or so, she changed to a silver ring type as the screw of the sterilized one was too big and was visible from outside and felt little awkward. Then she felt the ring is not suiting her face and got duplicate assorted colored nose pins which she just pins in, sometimes they may fall off if not taken care.

I got her a diamond nose pin with small screw as a surprise gift her last Dec. When we gifted to her to try, she could not put the nose pin as the stem was larger than the hole and she felt tremendous pain. Then we exchanged it for a nose pin with a string which should be just pressed upward from down inside which will not be visible and all North Indians wear that way, the shop keeper said. We got it and she wore, but the gold string was long and she twisted in an awkward way or so, and just remains in her nose without changing for more than 2 months now. She feels too much pain. When I called her to go to the shop-keeper to check, she is not coming fearing pain.

May I know how you girls wear the nose pin / ring, screw or press type? I have not pierced my nose at all, so I cant write on my experience here.

Best Rgds
    Shanti

3. venkatram

venkatram New IL'ite

this is from aoerson who has seen the best happening when u follow tradidtions. god bless upl

4. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Lovely topic.
    I love dressing up the traditional way. I was always fascinated with my patti's photo with mukutti on two sides and used to ask appa for permission but amma was against it. The 3 daughter in laws at my appa's place have not pierced their noses though they are from kerala. I had my nose pierced in jan 2002 after my cousins marriage. Her hubby is a doctor and when i expressed my wish to him , the very next day of marraige he helped me. Great Grandma charted out an auspicious time and he did it in the most soothing way. The first nose stud which i wore was of my cousin sisters- plain gold. Then i came home and my chittappa and appa were so happy to see me. Amma also liked it but she was like why not be modern ? i was like pls amma i love it. From that time i have changed noserings from gold to rings to meenakari work to stones every 2 months and i love doing that.
    When hubby came with family to see me......all were suprised when they saw me with nosering and were enquiring if it was really pierced .My elder bro- in law gifted me with a single diamond stone which i wore for a long time almost 1.5 yrs without changing. Then i felt like having a bigger one so now recently wearing a lovely 6 stone flower type white stone nosering. I would love to get my second nose side also piereced when i turn 40 and wear that side too a nosering.Diamondu or no diamondu hahaha but i love noserings.

Love,
    Parvathi.

5. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

You know what , its rather difficult to put both the pins and be out. With a saree I generally put the left one and on a causal outfit I put the right one,

At home , yes sometimes I put both .

I will try to obey your advise but I dont know to what extent

Bye

6. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Re: Steal an article and post it here as if it is yours! - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta..

Dear
    Mostly its a gold bend thread which automatically goes into the whole and gets twisted.
    I would try to upload a picture

Bye

7. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

Dear I have attached a pic, you may try this type for your daughter

Bye

Attached Files:

• np.jpg
      np.jpg
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
  8. SwatiK21

SwatiK21 New IL'ite

Wow!

This topic is still running- i was just browsing through net, and found the thread is still active - we all are keep posting about some thing we like and near to our heart, as we note everybodies story is really unique no two are the same.

I have thought a lot of time but still not got enough courage to get the nose piercing done, evrytime i cross jweller shop i give a thought and immediately my mind think how can i bear so much pain that too on delicate nose, if at all lets do it next time:hide:

Our family is from Pune- maharashtra, from which the famous maharashtrian NATH- the dazzling multi pearl semicircular nose ring is very famous, and we have got special place for the same in all our functions, nath has to decorate the delicate nose, it looks so nice with SAARI and Nath, it gives traditional and nostalgic feeling, i too have great love for Nath but have no courage to wear piercing type classical one, i satisfy myself with clip on one for which piercing is not required and most of the function it goes well, many of the realtives think that i am sporting the real(piercing type ) and got good comments :thumbsupfor looks and tradition.

At this junction in line with the Nose piercing thread i can't stop myself telling piercing tell of my cousine sister who underwent the ritual recently and i was the spectator for the same.

After completting her engeering garduate we had a good time parting as she had passsed with flying colours and about to join for a decent MNC ( no need to quote salary- :bonk) job. During the party she suddenly told that her mother has decided to give her nath which is coming from tradtion in family and asked if she was willing to get her nose pierced she was deciding about it, she asked me why we both should go have our nose pierced at laxmi Road Jweller's shop- 'Ashtekar' , Wow!! chilling sensation ran down in me as i want to but know may not bear the pain so i said lets see...
    But she was enthusiatic enough, had collected enough information, needless to say from this thread as well, watched youtube nose piercing videos and was got double ethusiatic to get her done as soon as possible, i told her about about pain part -but she said - it may last for a day only then why to fear :bowdown ,

her doctor classmet suggested she might use local anasthetic- Xylocaine gelly - which needs to keep for 20 min before piercing on nose and she will have almost painles piercing i was giving seroius thought for it but one day she called me for Movie - we started, after reaching jweller's shop and she told me that we were not going for movie but for her piercing and she insisted i should also get mine piercing done but againg i told lets do it at some other day, i inquired if she had carring the local gel but she said she want to get it done as typical traditional way, just like her mother had

at jweller's place we had a warm well come, naturally he was happy to pierce a beautiful girl's nose and he was even paid for that:idea ,

The Sonar asked her to sat down but i was more nervous than her, and she was smiling at me, he took a Golded wire , sharpened it( why they can't do it before as one who undergoes piercing get nerveous to see all this?) , spotted a mark on her delicate nose and asked if she was ready

After getting nod, he made the tip red hot over burning coal, by watching the red hot gold needle my cousin's smile reduced and i even noted a little fear on her face, it was natural by seeing a Red hot needle approaching towards your nose anybody will be scared , he kept her busy in some conversation, and placed the needle over her nose and told her that on count of 3 he is going to pierce, She requested him to be as gentle and slow as possible( this time it was turn of jweller to smile) and hold my hand,
    1 ,2 and on 3 she my sister hold her breath i noted the golden needle was piercing her nose and she hold my very tightly, for next 5 sec, and the needle was out - wow! and she was pierced!!

He made a hoof and rotated the gold ring actually which was more painful than pierceng proper, tear stared stared rolling from her left eyes though she did't want to cry. and same time smile came back on face - smile of conquer that she had done it :thumbsup

My sister and jweller asked if i want to get mine done but, but after watching this i politely dropped the idea, she rather insisted me to get it done but i insisted to be done at later date.

We had a nice icecream and at hope evrybody was extremmely happy about the nice surprise, her mother was more happy that her, most happy was my sister as she was going to be proud ower of NATH soon

9. Aarthiii

Aarthiii New IL'ite

Re: Male nose piercing

Dear RSK.Its absolutely ok to do what you like. since your husband has the holes in the nose whats wrong in wearing a stud or a ring at home. when your husband is fine with it then go for it. Just try out diamond studs or dangling from a ring. nose danglings look hot on men. your husband is lucky to have wife like you. try different ornamments in his nose as it should keep him going. a nathni or a besari will be fine..

10. gayurags

gayurags New IL'ite

Will the moderator eliminate RSK and Aarthii please!! Both of these seem to be men with feminine desires and are discussing purely nothing but tales