1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Share your kitchen appliance

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Priya4oct, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Wow so many people love onion chopper thinkingsmiley. I hate mine. I never got it to work and felt I had to really sit on it to press down and get the onions chopped. On the contrary my sister bought close to 5-6 choppers from here for her friends and I gave mine away too with her gigglingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

chitra - I can't use the non electric chopper as well. I feel it'll rip my shoulder off. It's either the FP or good ol knife for me.

1 person likes this.
  3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

My fav appliance is slow cooker , you can leave stuff in it in the morning and have it fully cooked and ready to eat later in the day , less time to prep and more time to spend with your loved ones as cooking is being taken care without your presence .

it takes time initially to make Indian food work in slow cooker but it is well worth the time .

I bought one rival brand for 3$ in 2010 thanks giving sale and it's going strong still .

2 people like this.
  4. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  5. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

armummy, yep i love the slow cooker too. Try making some channa gravy, it is really really very yumm... wort the money you spend on it.

6. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Which brand slow cooker you all are having ?

As for me, I got Prestige wet grinder when I came here last year, its wonderful and making my breakfasts troublefree.

Few more simple small stuffs that are giving me peaceful cooking experience are my Idly vessel, Cookers/inside vessels, diff.types of laddles, Kadais (Vaanalis) different sizes, tabara sets, small bowls, small SS dabbas/containers to keep in fridge. I should have got few more different sized plates, medium size bowls and couple of bigger containers few more SS tiffin boxes. Will try to get them in my next trip :)

1 person likes this.
  7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

For me, my favorite work horse appliance is my electric hot water kettle. I had a Krups for almost 20 years and it still worked but the kettle part just wore out from so much use (5-6 times a day, year in year out) and now I have an electronic kettle which I also love. It has four settings for water: 104 for just hot water, 140 to make instant stuff, 174 for green tea and 212 for black tea. I use filtered water in it and also use it to add water to dishes I am cooking.

For those of you with KitchenAid mixers: spring for the attachment package....it will save you lots of work when you are doing a large cooking project (eg parties).

3 people like this.
  8. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Can any one suggest cutting tool for cutting Beans, Lady's finger kind of vegetables. I have Philips food processor, I cut Carrot, Spinach, cabbage using that but above one I could not.

I will be helpful if anyone suggest that.

Thanks,
    Soch

9. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

Repost of previous one

10. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Which panini maker you are using?