1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share Your Favorite Memory With Your Baby

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by GoneGirl, Feb 16, 2017.

1. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

I would love to know what your favorite memory with your baby is or was..as a first time mom i now realize how babies are like drugs, that keep you addicted!

Mine would be listening to her cries turn to sleepy coos and babbles as i rock her to sleep

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Standing up in her crib bright and early in the morning and looking at us like she now stands in the balcony to look at the sunset.

With the younger one, it is a less romantic memory.. moving and rotating his feet and legs up gently to press against his tummy, he passes gas, and the palpable relief extending from him to all others in the room. Like clockwork at 8 PM every night. For a long time the sounds reminded me of popcorn popping in the microwave bag. : ) I said this was less romantic. : ) Hitting upon this mechanism and its timing was a major achievement gotten after lots of trial and error.

blindpup10 and GoneGirl like this.
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing Rihana.. love it, esp the one with the younger one..

Rihana likes this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Around 3months old- my DS would conclude his yawning session with a long "Hmmmm" hum. My DH and I tried to record it several time that is one thing we couldn't get it record. It was so beautiful to hear his cooing.

My DS expressing his love by running or just dropping everything sometimes just to kiss me on my nose.

GoneGirl likes this.
  5. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Thats so sweet blindpup! Thanks for sharing :)

6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

wow...with elder baby my favorite memory is when he started walking and would scream with happiness..I loved that moment..off course standing in his crib , smiling and stretching his arms to be hold...smiling at me while nursing...there are so many..

With little one , when doctor was operating me and suddenly she took out my baby and brought him close to me screaming congrats ..I saw my baby's face for the first time..how innocent peaceful and lovely..the most beautiful face...i cherish this memory everyday before falling asleep...that moment i could not hold back my tears...i was the happiest person on the face of earth then...I still am very proud mother..

GoneGirl and Gayathri30 like this.
  7. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

There are many to tell with my DD , but this is my favorite..
    When DD was around 15 months, She was standing in the balcony, cow in the street was continuously making moo moo sound.

She coming running to me told " amma amma cow is saying ambaa ambaaa sound , why?"

My reply :: " Yes maa cow is hungry , when she is hungry she will make ambaa ambaa sound. What will you do, when you are hungry?"
    DD: " I will say I want idly and tomato chachi (chutney)".
    She is 5 now those cute babbling words are still fresh in my memory.

GoneGirl likes this.