1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Fairy Tales : Valentines Contest - Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by RiddhimaT, Feb 5, 2013.

1. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Come 'February' and the whole place is filled with reds and pinks, hearts and roses, chocolates and teddy’s. It really feels like:

‘Love is in the air’! :)

As someone rightly said:​
    I saw you through my glasses, the image was clear
    for my mind got clogged, seeing you so near

I knew it was you, the only one I want
    Miles to go and, without you I can’t

images.jpg
    So, will you marry me? And be my soul-mate
    and love me through life, being my good fate?”

Yeah, I am sure these lines will definitely make you think about your loved one/your fiancée/your spouse.

So all you have to do is share your fairy tales with us of "how you met and were proposed by your loved one" :yes:

And for those lovey dovey couples, who were hooked together by parents/relatives,
    "tell us your special moment when you realized that YES, this is the person; I want to spend rest of my life with.":kiss

The contest ends on 14th Feb 2013.

The winner will be awarded a special gift from 'Craftsia'.

"Wishing you all a very HAPPY and LOVED VALENTINE'S!"

Good to Read for the Occasion:

IndusLadies - Some Traditional Gifting Ideas for Your Valentine
    IndusLadies - 4 Unusual Gifts for Your Valentine

10 people like this.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

So.. I am being first...

It was so emotional and happy days, some 09 years back. I just finished my graduation and joined in a firm as a trainee. My senior plus room mate of my college time was also working there, which helped me a lot during the very early stage of my career. This girl used to share everything of her personal stuff, that includes her love attempts, issues, interests etc..etc..

One day, when we were just chatting at the office, she confessed that she is in love with our co staff, who was very smart, silent and attractive to all. She said she loves him immensely, but something stops her from proposing her love to him. She is Muslim, and the guy is Hindu.

I, being a rebellious girl of that young age decided to help her love; hence tried becoming friends with that guy (we are of diff department in the same office). I used to send him SMS often, and for everything to start the friendship. I felt, once a comfort level is reached, I can open up for this girl, and make them united. I also used to update this girl about my development, and promise her that I will help with her love.

As time passed by, I started "feeling" for this guy, a real friendship blossomed between us. We started missing each other, and expected each other's SMS, calls on daily basis. This is where, I realized that I must stop my nonsense, but open up at least once for this girl (i mean, to tell him the reason why I became his friend).

During all these mess, one fine day this girl came to my room, and said that she hates him for so much reasons, mainly for his misbehavior with her. But the same girl, has been praising for his good manners over the last couple of months, which puzzled me. She said, she reported to the management, and a disciplinary committee will take action against him this afternoon. I was shocked to the core.

That afternoon, as expected the girl said so much bad stuff against him, as if he was chasing her, eve teasing her and forcing her to marry. The office was predominantly Muslims; hence her statement was considered serious without any cross checking. The management, then decided to terminate him without any notice. I went man by seeing all this developments within a day.

I still have no idea as to why this girl behaved so cruelly on a very gentle boy like him, that too she was in love with him. But later realized that she had an affair with another colleague parallelly; hence wanted to hide "everything" about her first affair (although it was one sided). Don't know why/////

Later, as usual I became his emotional support, helped him get through from the shame and find a good job soon. Been his best buddy for a longer time, and one fine day we decided to marry, in spite of our religious difference.

The other girl is happily married with two kids, living in the same locality, although we do not have much interactions with them. Both of us moved from the office, and got jobs in different places.

27 people like this.
  3. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I still remember the time when we received our posting locations and we were just 3 in 100 who had to report in Chennai. And guess what, my closest friends were not among them, which saddened me to the core. I would have gladly followed my friends but life had other plans for me.

Next I even had an option to select my native place, but my parents wanted me to go to a bigger city for a better job exposure.

So me and my friend G set off to a completely new place with lots of hopes. I initially missed my other friends a lot but life moves on, I started loving my new found freedom. We were allotted to a very fun close knit team and my DH was our lead then. He was out of a breakup and would remain calm, not talk and mingle much, while I was a live wire.

We slowly became friends and then great friends. He tells me I brought him out of his misery and asked me to marry him out of the blue one fine day. I as expected, said no but could not find any reason for the 'no'.

I remember asking him many silly doubts like what if you are lying, or even is this some bet you had with somebody, and many more. I even once reprimanded him saying how can he be so selfless when he went out of his way to help me, but I believe it was his love for me. He has always been very sure of me and took time to resolve my fears, it was I who was thinking too much.

Then I had to shift to Bangalore for few months and I think the distance made our hearts grow fonder. He persuaded, and I relented. It was like a dream, and all hell broke loose when we told our parents about it.

Only thing in common for them was they wanted the kids (me and DH) to get married soon. After lots of fights and disagreements, they had to get us married with long faces. But we are winning over our new families slowly now. :)

arch1209, accool, shyamalajh and 13 others like this.
  4. nancystalin

nancystalin Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My DH is my athai magan (cousin) so its very obvious in Tamil families to tell he is the man for u and all. But initially i hate him for no reason. Years rolled over and that time i was in prefinal year engineering. One plesant evening i called him and said i love you and i want to be in your life forever(still im wondering why i did it without thinking that this and all) All of a sudden it happened just like a breeze :) he is so happy because he is silently loving me for years ;) (that i dont know) then after some two months i thought this wont work out and after two days of complete thinking i crush his heart into pieces with just a phone call saying i wont love you anymore :( (this time also i dont know why i did it) i was soooo confused. Then i really forgot him and busy with my final year project, culturals, college trips ofcourse studies. The next year ie 2010, November 17th is his birthday. I called him two days later and wished him. Haaa the moment i hear his voice i just completely fell in love with my swtheart. Then i decided whatever, he is my man. And i told my dad my athai my mom that i want to marry him. actually they wondered how. Still i dont know why i did those studpid break up scenario. really im telling there is no reason for my love. And i really wanna tell about my dh here. He is the most lovable person in this whole world and the one who love me for who i am. The one who taught me how to love unconditionally. And we are blessed with a cute doll Daphna. THERE IS NO REASON FOR LOVE IF THERE IS A REASON IT IS NOT A TRUE LOVE. love you stalin.

love
    nancystalin

9 people like this.
  5. Raji21

Raji21 Senior IL'ite

Hi.......
    Im happy to share my lovely days here..........
    i know him from my childhood days.......He is five years elder than me...........he come only at holidays to my grand pa house.........we play we fight we chat we do all kind of things but thosedays i didnt get any kind of feelings ... after we grow i slowly stop taking with him ...Really dontknow y..... but ...i like to talk with him but i wont talk......i wont stand infront of him also..... i realised that im in love with him...........i know that he also love with me....but we both didnt say each other..........

After a long gap we met in our grand pa house..... i didnt expect him there but i feel happy to see him there...... i didnt talk to him just smiled and cross him ....he suddenly hold my hand and asked y ur not talking with me now a days... i just replied " plz leave me i have to go" Really i cant able to forget the day and wht v talk.......on jan 26th 2003 at 7.00 pm he messaged me that he is in love with me ........ he asked me say yes r no.......... first i said"No"..... then i said .... i need time .......... he replied ok i will wait for ur reply......... then next day i call and said him that i also love with u....

Our love continue for 3 years we talk talk talk only in phone........just like "sweet nothings"....... in this 3 years i met him only 2 times........... one for mybday ........and another for valentines day....

Then with blessing from both of our family we get married........ On sep 10 th2006.........

every 26th jan sharp At 7.00 pm he gift anything to me............still we r celebrating the day......... We have 2 child 1 girl and 1 boy......... 10years completed but still we r inLove...............its a magic......

Some says ......Love is Blind...........yes............. We r blind on loving eachother........we both r crazy in loving each other...........

Special Thanks for this super topic........ just make me to go for the past days.............

RajiVino......

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    6 people like this.
  6. Hemadhawan

Hemadhawan Senior IL'ite

22 October 1999-
    It was 6 in the morning when the phone bell rang. I knew it was Varun, my best friend. Our friendship was just a year old but there was something that made him special. I was 16 then and even in that age of infatuation, I was sure about my feelings. However, my expression was waiting for him and my heart said that today was that special day as we were supposed to meet at a school farewell party on the same evening.

"So what do you want today as a gift from me?" He asked me on the phone. His question was like God asking to wish something. "A rose" I could only say; expecting a message of love through a red color rose.

Time passed quite fast thinking about the evening and finally I was in between of loud music, boys and girls on dance floor, vibrant laughter and aroma of delicious food. In that crowded venue, my eyes were searching for him and my red rose. While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard somebody calling my name from behind and as i turned around, I saw him waving at me. He approached me with a smile on his face but my smile faded, as I did not see any rose in his hand; let alone the red one.
    My heart sank, but he had no expression of any regret. I cursed myself for my over expectations and attended the party with a heavy heart.

Since it was late evening, Varun offered me a drop and I could not say no. While we were on the way, he stopped the car and said “I saw a tear in your eye today and know the reason also. Forgive me for breaking your heart. I could not give you a rose today, but I will give you my commitment for being with you forever and promise to make your life as beautiful as a rose."

His words soothed my heart and to be true I thanked my stars for not getting a rose. He kept his words and till date is keeping his commitment. We are married for 7 years and have a cute, little daughter of 3 years. I just pray to God to keep us together forever and make my life rosy with my till date best friend, Varun.

18 people like this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

though I have shared my precious moment earlier in IL site in Snippets of Life.....I feel this place is apt for it now.....

The perfect place to re-share the memories of My Platinum moment of “LOVE”....in arranged marriage,......

My parents were busy surfing the marriage sites and brokers to find "The Perfect Groom" for their daughter,Me. Being completely educated in a girls’ school and college , I rarely got any occasion to mingle with boys, and I believe I grew to be a so called “feminist” who didn’t believe in love or marriage. I was in total denial for marriage, and gave reasons of job and work pressures to not get married.

However like every Indian parents, my parents were dedicated to get me married, by all hooks and crooks. They shortlisted several guys, to come and visit me …. But I intelligently put up a lot of excuses as “have meetings”, “have project deadlines”.. cannot make it to meet the guys reason....

Time passed and 2 years down the line.. my parents were all the more in "PRESSURE" mode to get me married off. They found this guy who was working abroad, well educated and the so called “PERFECT GROOM” for their daughter,me. My parents cleverly was in complete discussion with his parents and , His parents said that He could make it back to India ,only if marriage is fixed and will be around for only 2 weeks. My parents finally broke the news to me that I need to meet this guy “ONLINE” !!! :idontgetit:as he could not come before marriage is fixed.
    I was so annoyed and after a lot of :rant from parents, i finally agreed to meet him online. I made sure I was as ugly as possible, I did not dress up or do my hair…no make up stuff and was in my home dress…. cause I wanted him to Run away seeing me all messed up….. Hows that..!!!!

I got in online with Him....However to my surprise he was a real good gentleman, looked good,spoke firmly….we mostly spoke about the climate and temperature in India and US, projects at work… and he spoke mostly in English and to my surprise I asked him.. “Do you even know your regional language??? “And he was like ”Yes I know, but when I am tensed I tend to speak in English!!”:eek haha….. that was pretty interesting…..

Finally the conversation ended soon, as the topics of weather and projects started getting bored and I was in relief that he would deny marrying me as I made all the efforts to look the ugliest, speak really boring topics …..and happily make him deny marrying me….and I would be back happy in my Den.

A week later my parents gave me a call at work saying ”Good work girl, the guy likes you….” And I was like WHAT!!!! …:eek .....Does a man fall for a woman cause she was busy discussing the weather in India??.did not make any effort to look good or neat......... However my parents asked me my decision and gave me 2 options ...1) Marry him or 2) Marry him.!! :confused2:

I took few days and thought about it …. meanwhile my parents were busy doing the spying work and checking his background and family…..

The thoughts that went through me was “I don’t love this man, how can I marry him?””How can I spent my entire life with him…” ,but… this was the feeling I would have for any guy who I would meet… finally as I was running out of options and pressure from family.............… I said the words my parents much awaited to hear .........

“YES, I will marry…BUT on one condition….I need to see him in person face to face before the marriage…!!!” ..As like any parents waiting to get their daughter married off…my parents too ,only heard the word “YES” and the rest of the statement was left unheard….

Parents were busy scheduling marriage date and hall reservations, inviting guests…..but all the time my heart was pounding as I needed desperately to see the guy in person,cause I just met him only online over the net…..and I wanted to see him in person… ..Cause I wanted to know how he was … how we would be around together… will it be awkward… or boring or…. I just wanted to see this guy in front of me and speak face to face before we tied the knot….

Finally the marriage date was fixed and he decided his travel dates. I made sure he meet me the very first day he reached cause he had only 2 weeks and had all the marriage prepartions to do in this time.

In our place before we get married we need to attend a mandatory pre-marital course at church strictly for 3 days. So this was the perfect place to meet and know the guy I said I will marry.

There was hardly 2 weeks left for the marriage, the groom had boarded the flight to India a day before the pre-marriage course..……
    It was a slightly rainy morning and the first day of the pre-marital course,as I was getting ready to leave to the venue of the course and expecting the groom to be there… my parents get a call from the guy’s parents saying……”his flight has been cancelled, and he is stuck somewhere in middle east expecting to board another flight, will be late ”. ..... Everything was at standstill as pre-marriage course was beginning today, and I was much expecting him today at the venu… Ahhh!

3 days of the course… what will I do..!!! :drowningHelp!!! It was the first day of the pre-marital course,I went for the course and there were around 25 couples attending the course and there I was sitting in one corner, thinking ,when will he arrive?,how will he look in actual?, will I recognise him?…. Will I still want to marry him??….. GOD!! Helppp !!.shakehead.... I somehow went through the the first day.

Second morning was quite misty, I followed the routine and attended classes, it was around 1:00 pm at noon, all were crowded in the canteen for lunch. I was all bored and waiting in the queue for my turn to get lunch....

At a distance among the crowd I saw a young gentlemen turned towards the priest and in discussion, after talking to the priest he had his phone in his right hand and turned with his head facing to the mobile downwards, seems like he was searching something on the phone…. As people were crowding around.. I was loosing the sight of this guy… I stood on my toes and leg thumb to get a glance of his face……… Then the cupid struck….!!!!! ... He lifted his head and looked up straight and through the crowd…. Our eyes met…!!. He looked at me and I could see the smile in his face… the SMILE that said a thousand words……!!! ”This indeed is my platinum moment of LOVE” ……… I had this sudden rush of blood on my cheeks…:oops:....I could hear the bollywood song ”Thuje deka tho yee jana sanam…from DDLJ.... Playing in my head….”. I imagined all the crowd had vanished and it was only He and Me in a sunflower garden………..and I was all locked in eyes with this man ……Looking at him I felt a sense of being wanted, a sense of recognition, a feeling of ownership, I also felt beautiful.....!!!.......…….

He waved to me…. And I found a smile from somewhere and took all the power I had to lift my hand and wave back…… It was HIM!!!…. Whom I have been waiting for!! He walked to me and said with his firm manly voice………”Sorry I was a little late… hope we can catch up soon….” All the bells in the church rang and I was on top of the world ……..!!

In a week time we got married and since then each day I spend my platinum moments of love with him………I once asked him eagerly , "Why did u agree to marry me, cause I had dressed very messy and looked really bad when you saw me first"…and he said with the same smile on his face..”I did not need a model as my wife… but a lady who I felt comfortable with and was homely and true, and I saw that in you"..:oops:….

I fell for him again….!!!!….…

And my happy parents often say.. “Indeed we found the perfect groom for our daughter..!!!” :coffee
    Regards
    Rise

27 people like this.
  8. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

After finishing my 10th board exams. I went to attend coaching classes for a competitive exam. There we met new friends and used to chat with them during break times.

I was HIM 2 days after the classes started. Me and one of my friend saw him and gave a smile and thought he was so handsome and good looking. Then after we rarely spoke to each other along with few friends and our coaching finished...

Few months later... I saw him in the same college campus (intermediate). I used observed him a lot. One day I took his mobile number and used to call him now and then without knowing to my parents :hide:. He rarely talk to me or showed no interest in chatting/spending time with me. One day I came to know his B'day and went to buy a gift and greeting card for him. He came to the gift shop at the same time and it was one awkward moment for me to buy a gift in front of him. I gave a greeting card there itself. :bonk...

Next and last year in that college, it was the same situation. Used to meet once in a while at the parking place....smile...wish each other...few calls...and again his birthday this year...I bought a present and gifted him while leaving the college campus.... he spilled the gift from my hands..but caught it without breaking my heart..:thumbsup

After that I saw him here and there in our town like at movie theatres and shops along his parents or friends. But I used to call him to keep in touch. One day I went to a showroom to buy dresses with my mother and I saw him passing by on the road side. Suddenly I felt like talking to him but my mom is with me...so can't do that....felt sad and sat there for some time showing no interest in shopping. After going home, my mom went out on some work and I got a chance to talk to him..:spin ...immediately i dialled his number and came to know that he is going to change his number at that time...and he said that i am lucky as i Phoned him at the right time otherwise would lose his contact forever because he is going to other city for his graduation. :(..

In the next 4yrs we barely contacted each other...and it was only me how sent him gifts for B'day and call him to wish on his b'days and receive wishes for my b'day....

Finally I went to Hyd to join in job...i got a new phone as i will be away from parents....freedom at peaks now.... he is also in hyd getting visa things ready to go to UK for his masters. This was the time I got some time to know him better and spend late nights to talk to him and I want to know if he has any feeling for me... but he is a very smart and good guy. I cant understand what is in his heart... One thing that I was very sure of is he has good opinion on me... .. I asked him to stay in the same place as that was my b'day and to my surprise he took me to coffee day after my office. That was the first place we went together and he spent only 30mins there that to talking to his friends and chatting on mobile :rant..

And the date was fixed for his travel and he invited me for dinner the day before he left to UK. that was Sep 13th 2007... and he gifted me a ring there but didn't express anything as simply said he wanted to give it to me and made clear that he has no feelings for me and it is not going to workout till marriage as we are from different castes...:rant..dropped me at my hostel.. I spent crying all night thinking of him...

Later till the end of 2009 we rarely spoke and chat..but I used to mail him when ever possible and send him gifts online and dresses through his friends...and he calls me sometimes...days passed and I asked him one day what is his opinion on me as my parents started looking for a groom. He is still in the same mode saying its not going to work....But on his b'day in 2009, he finally accepted to take over my heart and life and I was on cloud 9...:rotfl... but had a fear in my mind that my parents are not going to accept this..and I spoke to my mom very nxt day and she and my dad scold me :rant...this continued till a year...I was trying to convince them and they tried to change my mind..nothing happend and he came back India in 2010 to marry me and we got married in Tirupati in the presence of God and his parents... I still miss my parents but I am sure I choose the RIGHT person...as he is so calm, caring, affectionate and at the same time stubborn and strict...We are leading a happy life and its been 2.5yrs....happily sailing the "LOVE BOAT"....:party:gift.... experiencing every moment of LOVE...IS... PLATINUM MOMENT...!!!!

6 people like this.
  9. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

ok, just now saw this thread. I shared my love story just yesterday in Snippets of life(Non-fiction) forum. Wish to submit the same post for the Valentine's day contest. And guess what, this would be our first Valentine's day celebration together :kiss :)

You can find the post here - A facebook love story. If linking to post is not allowed, I am sorry, and pls do ignore it :hide:

5 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mine might not be as interesting as the young couples stories here. There is a lot of difference in love marriage and arranged marriage. If give a chance I would have gone for love marriage, but in my days that was not accepted. So it was arranged marriage. We are two sisters and I was bolder than my sister, thought I never used to talk much in public. After her marriage my sister was in Delhi , so she used to be worried about me that I should not fall in love. People thought for my marriage there wont be any problems, once my sister gets married I will also get married. But it was not so easy. Matching of horoscopes took time. My sister got married in 1969 and I had to wait for 4 years to get married. My brother wanted me to get married and then he wanted to get married but he also got alliance very fast and in 1969 only he got married.

Since my father was no more,my brother only had to go searching for a good alliance. He used to go to an astrologer every Sunday with the boys horoscope he got or otherwise the astrologer used to ask him to select some horoscopes and see whether they match. Once a boy had come to see me , he liked me also but he was shorter than me so it was cancelled. Then when he had gone to the same astrologer where my brother used to go he saw my husband there. When he came to know that mine and my husband's horoscope matched he told my husband that I will be the right choice for him as my husband had good height. So my husband came to see me with his sisters and as was the custom I was asked to sing a song , they had snacks with sweets and as everyone says said they will go back and inform. First it seems my husband told his mother I like th egirl but she is thin, for which his mother said after marriage she will put on weight. So they phoned and told they agree. Those days the engagement took place in the boy's house and only the boy will be there and everyone from the girl's place will go for the engagement except the girl. She is left at home. Not like now the girl also goes for the engagement and gets a saree from her house and also from the boy's house. Those days the elders only fix the marriage and the girls used to marry whoever the elders select. So I also did not say anything and looking at a person one time how can we know how he must be. I only saw that he is taller than me. On the auspicious day of 24th January 1973 we go married. In the beginning I did not know the value of my husband much but slowly I understood what a gem of a person he is and felt that he is the right choice. We have now completed 40 years of marriage. My dh does not believe in giving gifts or celebrating Valentine's day But he has always been there for me during my delivery , when I had hip bone fracture and in bringing up children. What more do I need. I always needed his presence more than presents.

The best thing in life is to find someone,
    who knows all yours mistakes & weakness and still think that,
    You are complete and you are special .

The purpose of relationship is not to have another who might complete you,
    but to have another with whom you might share your completeness

21 people like this.