1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your Celebrity sightings here

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Decentguy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i have seen usha uthup and music director sharath (malayalam movies) at chennai airport.

hariharan, the euphoria band and kailash kher at an intercollegiete.

2. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

I saw Kareena Kapoor(Bollywood Actress) in Kolkata when she was shooting for the film "Yuva" directed by Mani Ratnam.
    The film was released in 2004. This film was a Simultaneous make of the Tamil film (""Aaytha Ezhuthu""),Telugu film (""Yuva""), the prime objective of the movie was to motivate educated Indian youths to enter politics.

Kareena was dressed in Indian attire,looked homely.It was early morning like around 9.00.I think Vivek Oberoi (Bollywood Actor) was also there.
    Could not get closer because of film crew and crowd.

1 person likes this.
  3. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Ok I remember these.

I attended a concert of Daler Mehdi in Hyderabad where we got VIP seats as Dad's office was one of the sponsors and I got a great view but Mom freaked out with the loud music. He seemed very down to earth and almost came between the crowd and his bodyguards took him back to stage.

Next I also attended another concert at a college in Hyderabad where Pritam and his band performed, there was even Mohit Chauhan. This was after their hit musical release 'Life in a metro'. Their performance was sensational.

4. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Yes agreed. I have seen the way he walks the movies I have seen. It is very peculiar.

And he carried that walking style in most of his movies. You know "the walk". Leaning on one side as if you are shot. Only he can do that...No one else !!

1 person likes this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

LOL! You have a lot to learn about style buddy! Rajini's walking style is similar to Legendary actor Sivaji's. And these are the only two actors in the whole of India who get loud applauses and claps for their walks alone:bowdown Obviously other actors pale in that aspect!

By the way, your bolded lines only apply to those who do cheap imitations on Rajini's walking style (should I remind how a so-called top hero of Bollywood was booed when he tried imitating Rajini and failing miserably at that! Harhar)

3 people like this.
  6. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Dear friends ,
    My celebrity encounters ::cheers

1. when I was 3 yrs old, i went to watch some kannada plays with my aunts at Karanataka sangha, chennai. Dr. Rajkumar was the chiefguest. After the play was over, when he started to leave the sabha, he was garlanded by many on his way out. We were standing there watching him, when suddenly i started crying for garlands !!!!! And yes, the great man picked me up from the crowd (not much) & gave me one of his garland (sandalwood) :thumbsup

2. This was during my marriage (11 years ago), my FIL was into the production side of cine field. He had invited some of his friends : Nagesh, gemini ganesan, (both came to the muhurtham & were seen chatting in the front row), valli(lyricscist) , charuhassan with wife & poornima bagyaraj .

regards,

7. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

I have seen Sridevi Kapoor (Boney Kapoor's current wife) in my school. She had come to see her niece perform.
    Suhasini (kamal hassan's niece)
    Surya (a Tamil actor) with Asin ( another South Indian actress)
    Sonia Agarwal ( a Hindi actress who has acted in more South Indian films). Except for Sri I have seen all the above in airports.

8. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Anu..You forgot to add Jothika and her daughter in this list i think...

9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes Nisha.
    Thanks for reminding me :) I have seen jyothika, a Hindi actress who did more movies in South n married a South Indian actor :)
    I saw her in railway station :)

10. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

I am not sure where I have bolded lines, Maybe I need glasses

Anyway its a shame Rajnikanth was not popular in Bollywood even with that walking style. He did only limited movies and I am assuming that so called top hero of Bollywood actor is still top hero of bollywood?

One fact remains that you never know what the Audience will like. It is very difficult to read the mind of Movie Goers, which movies will be hit with them and what style( dancing, walking or whatever) will be popular. It is very difficult.