share ur views and experience in online share trading

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by deepasahana, Nov 29, 2010.

1. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Hi girls,

Nice topic to discuss.. am i late

I am also doing online share trading for the past 1 1/2 years... going on...i am with indiabulls share broking firm ...will also watch with moneycontrol website and ndtv profit and rediff.. money..for updations..

Bhuvana, heard a company called Group is doing Qatar share trading..

any new updation girls...

Revathi

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hey Revathi , Where are you now?

Yeah , I have registered myself(okay..okay hubby's name) in QSE.I heard qatar airways is coming up with an IPO.I am wondering whether I can get a share and how much will be the face value in primary market.Qatar Stocks are doing good now.Particularly Barwa(construction) and Alkhaliji bank(in general banks) is doing well I believe.

3. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Bhuvana, i am in qatar now... back after a small vacation trip from india..:crazy

Great yaar, now u started trading in qatar stock market... good good...but frankly i do only india share trading.. so dont know about qatar market... :hide: willing to learn from you :idea...what u say??

Revathi

4. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends...

Is this thread live or dead?
    I am intrested in stock exchange , but don't know anything....I am zero....Plz help me ..

Thanks

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

You can say the thread is dormant but definitely not dead :)

If you want to learn the basics of stock exchange, go to sites like moneycontrol.com. There are articles which explain right from the basics.

6. deepasahana

deepasahana Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Glad to see u in this thread...for your information...if u want to learn abt share trading....pls visit share khan.com,money control.com....

7. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

hi
    even i am intrested in share trading....but dont kno anything,so any one explain ho to start it?i m having a deemat account...but intial confusion...pls help

8. rennai

rennai New IL'ite

Online Share Trading is an antique development, that involves the shopping for and merchandising of primary merchandise packaged as standardized contracts. It terribly the same as the trading of equity on a stock exchange; but, a capitalist buys and sells trade goods merchandise rather than the shares of an organization.

9. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

10. rennai

rennai New IL'ite

[h=2]Basic Information about Online Share Trading[/h]

Over the last few years, the people’s interest in the stock market has grown very high. This demand has been coupled with many advances in trading technology and has opened up in the markets, so that nowadays nearly anybody can own stocks through online.

The Definition of a Stock Plain and simple, stock is a share in the ownership of a company. Stock represents a claim on the company's assets and earnings. As you acquire more stock, your ownership stake in the company becomes greater. Whether you say shares, equity, or stock, it all means the same thing.
    Different Types of Stocks
    There are two main types of stocks: common stock and preferred stock.
    Common Stock
    Common stock is, well, common. When people talk about stocks they are usually referring to this type. In fact, the majority of stock is issued is in this form. We basically went over features of common stock in the last section. Common shares represent ownership in a company and a claim (dividends) on a portion of profits. Investors get one vote per share to elect the board members, who oversee the major decisions made by management.
    Over the long term, common stock, by means of capital growth, yields higher returns than almost every other investment. This higher return comes at a cost since common stocks entail the most risk. If a company goes bankrupt and liquidates, the common shareholders will not receive money until the creditors, bondholders and preferred shareholders are paid.
    Preferred Stock
    Preferred stock represents some degree of ownership in a company but usually doesn't come with the same voting rights. (This may vary depending on the company.) With preferred shares, investors are usually guaranteed a fixed dividend forever. This is different than common stock, which has variable dividends that are never guaranteed. Another advantage is that in the event of liquidation, preferred shareholders are paid off before the common shareholder (but still after debt holders). Preferred stock may also be callable, meaning that the company has the option to purchase the shares from shareholders at anytime for any reason (usually for a premium).
    Some people consider preferred stock to be more like debt than equity. A good way to think of these kinds of shares is to see them as being in between bonds and common shares.