Share of Property for daughters

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Aniyaa, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

I am surprised that in our indian society none of the daughters ask for a share in the property..
    This thread is just to know.. how many of us have had parents broadminded enough to give their daughters a share in the property .. and how much percent is it compared to what is given to the sons..
    As for me , I guess I have got about 1/5th of what is being given to my brother..(ie. including my dowry ) i am pretty ok with it...
    in some societies .. nothing is given to the girl ... why is there such a discrimination when it comes to giving to daughters...

2. amoha

amoha New IL'ite

I am from a family of 2 daughters. As per the will my father has prepared, its to be divided by my mother to herself, my elder sister and me. Its her choice. Similar will by my mother too. Whatever is in her name, will be divided by my father to himself, my elder sister and me. And their joint will says whatever is in their names will be equally divided between my elder sister and me. I think this idea is really cool. My parents say even if it was a son and a daughter for them or 2 sons, they would have done it this way only.

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I have a similiar situation in my family.I have a sister.My mother has inherited property from her father,my grandfather which has to be shared equally between herself,my sister & me.In the similiar fashion,my father`s property will be shared equally between my sister & me.