1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sharada's Middle in Deccan Herald!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sharada's middle in Deccan Herald (23.08)

Hi ILites,

Sharada's middle appears in todays edition of Deccan Herald. Titled 'Sticking to Saree'- it makes interesting reading. In IL, we have a similar (more or less) discourse going on.

Read Sharada's middle here:
    http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/aug232006/editpage16442006822.asp

Sharada,

Good piece, well written. Dress codes can be a drag especially Western suits on Indian women. I think you have brought out well what it really takes and means.

Liked 'yr middle', Sharada.

rgds
    Vidya

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Good Middle!

Hi Sharada,
    Looks like this thread will become your forum to hold all your writings.

Again an excellent middle. An ordinary incident is spun into an interesting story. Your language is now becoming more and more soft, flexible, humorous and above all very creative. You have shared the incident with me earlier. But when you put it in the form of a middle, it looks more elegant. A touch of humour and your clear description of the situation sets you apart as a writer of special abilities.

I have a firm opinion that the best dress for the women the world over is the saree. Saree can make a lean woman look a little more balanced and healthy. It can make an obese woman look less so. It is the only womans dress which makes the wearer have respectability and sex appeal at the same time.

No wonder you stood apart in your company's seminar.
    Congratulations,
    sridhar

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

saree is always elegant

Dear sharada,
    The middle was very enjoyable.The westen formal wear is fast creeping into our corporate world, but it is undoubtedly the saree that steals the show in any gathering, Thank you Vidya for bringing the article to our notice.
    Regards,
    Meenu

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Sari, no sorry!

A lovely middle written with humour Sharada. So the person in blue was you?! Bravo:)

Yes, there is no equal to sari. Like Sridhar says, it is an amazing piece of cloth and can adorn any type of woman and flatter her. After many years of respite, my saris are seeing the daylights in US!

I would also like to bring the following news article I read sometime back to all of your attention. Please look it up.

http://www.asiansinmedia.org/news/article.php/television/293

L, Kamla

5. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

thanks

The middleaged woman in the middle was me! This really happened, so it was easy to narrate. Thanks Vidya, Varalotti, Kamal and Meenu for reading and liking what I have written!
    Sharada

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

very interesting

:clap Dear Kamala,
    The news item isvery interesting.I read about it but the accompanying picture speaks more than words. Sssssssssso beautifuuly drapedby an even beautiful person. I am sure sari willbecomeoneday an internatioal costume!
    Regards,
    Meenu

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yes

Dear Meenu,

Right, the young woman add to the beauty of the sari. She was actually born and raised in UK and hence all the more praiseworthy that she ventured to appear in a sari in her broadcast.

L, Kamla

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

Read your posts and followed the link to see the lovely lady (young woman) in a lovely saree. Am writing this post to tell you that I liked your first one,
    'Saree,no sorry'. You write very well indeed Kamla.

cheers
    Vidya

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A good link, Kamla

Dear Kamla,
    I went through the link and found the news item an interesting reading. One thing I observe in NRIs is that when they were Indian dresses they take extra care. The colour of the saree, its mild texture and to crown all the way the lady bears it, every thing was an expression of beauty.
    Not sure whether the woman adds to the beauty of the saree or it is the other way round.

Reminded of the poetry I read long back,

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
    Its loveliness increases and it never passes into nothingness.

Now, Dear Sharada,

are you going to post your picture wearing your "company colours"
    well, that will be adding some real colour to this thread,

regards,
    sridhar

10. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

I side Varalotti!

HI Sharada,

I througly enjoyed your middle! and of course, i am tempted to see that saree! Pls do post the snap!.:)

Purnima