1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

shaping eyebrows

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by visala, Aug 16, 2011.

1. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

hello friends
    i want get my eyebrows shaped but i am afraid is it painful and i want to know for how many days do i need to go for next shaping.if u girls know please reply me.

2. pushyai

pushyai New IL'ite

Hi...Visala....if you are shaping eyebrows for first time,it will be little painful but not much. You may have to take least once in a month.

3. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

thanks for the reply

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hi...Visala,

the first time is always a bit painful, but don't get too scared. If you tense yourself during threading, your facial skin will also be tightened and hence will pain a bit more.

You will feel slight pain each time only when a long hair is pulled. Otherwise, its ok.

Just ask your beautician to rub some ice cubes after threading so that the discomfort will be eased and also the redness (incase you have sensitive skin) will disappear fast.

Once you have shaped your brows for the first time, you can observe and decide for yourself the next threading session.Usually, every four to five weeks is ideal, but againthis depends on your hair growth. However, do not keep a very long gap. As soon as you notice the extra hairs coming up, you should visit your saloon. I also avoid long gaps between threading, This way, I just have to tell my beautician to remove the 'extras' and also she will not have to shape them all over again.

5. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot for the reply. i am a bit nervous about this.

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Visala...
    Our Fellow ILites have given you some good reviews...i ll just pour in few from my box

The first threading is always painful and it gets better or to say you ll get adjusted in few months...
    (1)Once you start with threading,you please dont leave a long gap before going for the second...45 days could be fine but then it depends on your hair growth...
    (2)if you feel your eyebrows look thick and you just want to maintain by beautifying a little more...do mention to the beautician that you want your eyebrows to look thick...few beauticians might want to convience you by saying that you ll look good with thin ones etc etc...if you are not fine,tell them you dont want thin ones because once eyebrows get thin,it changes you entire look and it takes long time for the hair to grow back...if you like it that way,then its fine..else inform prior to the lady in the parlour...ask them to remove only the extras...
    (3)Get to know reviews in your area about which parlour does good threading job and if you are convienced there,continue...
    (4)Do mention that you have come to threading for the first time so that they take care...
    (5)Just like others have mentioned..ask her to give a massage in that area...

I did threading just before my enagagement and i was too scared like you...dont panic!!..its nothing..you ll feel good after the threading..i did...:)

Hope you find my tips useful :)...All the best...

7. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

thanks for the reply and giving me information all i need