1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shapewear For Tummy And Waist Control?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Rihana, May 11, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shapewear for tummy and waist control - ever tried it? Did it work for you? Does it roll down?

SPANX is apparently "the" brand but are there others that are better?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I found some tops online that I really like for the fit and neckline and sleeve length. But the fabric is a bit clingy kind, especially in the solid color ones.

I wish there was the concept of affordable tailor like India where I give the fabric and a sample top, and a few days later, I get the top I want.

Anyway, so I must have done some search and soon shapewear ads started to show up in my FB. : )

MalStrom likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I used Spanx a long time ago for special events. It has to be sized correctly in order not to roll down, and even then you might have to experiment with the right style for your body type. Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS is also getting surprisingly decent reviews.
    I would recommend a trip to your local Nordstrom and ask the shop ladies for their suggestions. These are pricy garments so it’s worth doing a bit of research.

Ragavisang, gknew and Rihana like this.
  4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I tried few brands so far. I bought everything from Amazon and it is expensive.
    I got one recently like a cami top which does tummy control. I liked the concept but its rolling up all the time. And I had to roll down and it's difficult to do it in the public.

I got one more which is like normal.tummu and waist control. Which covers only the mid part of the body. I tried to size up this time and bought one size bigger. Later I read that it should be size lower than usual. So I think it's just to see from various options which works.

Rihana likes this.
  5. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Shapewears from walmart work fine for me. Less than CAD 50 , I don't know the current price.

Rihana likes this.