Shani Pradosham

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Muthuraji, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Tomorrow Pradosham, being Shani Pradosham, I would like to do some pooja / keep fasting.

Can anyone please guide me as to how we have to do the pooja or what rules to follow for keeping fast.

Slokas to recite for Pradosham.

Request ILs to help me.

1 person likes this.

2. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

I can't help with fasting, but you can chant Lingashtakam and visit temple to view procession.

3. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

4. Muthuraji

Thank you Topaz & Dave for the details provided.

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear MuthuRaji Sister,

Pradosham is an elaborate Prayer, will write in detail when I find time after Guru Poornima Parayan,

Shani Pradosham is equivalent to many multiples of normal Pradosham attended, One must get the opportunity to see the abishekam during Pradosha Timings (4.30-6.00pm) for Lord Shiv ji and Nandikeswarar.

Offer bel, flowers and any abhishekam items to Lord Shiv ji... Last evening we attended the abishekam in the nearby Soodalaimuthu Vinayagar Temple, offered, Cows fresh milk, Honey, Tender Coconut, Rosewater and Sugarcane Juice.

I guess you are from Chennai, once you try to attend at Karpagambal/Kapaleeswarar Temple at Mylapore, you will be really blessed, there Pradosha Nayanar will go around the temple thrice after the Pooja.

About Vrat, during my mom's days, it will be a full day fast with liquid during the day and an one meal in the evening/night. Now our Guru being Saibaba just attend abhishekam and no fast for us.

Sairam, Best wishes...

2 people like this.
  6. Muthuraji

Dear Saisakthi sister,

Thank you thank you very much for your kind reply. I will surely try to visit Kapaleeshwarar temple once during pradosham.