1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shakuntala Devi Movie Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sarvantaryamini, Aug 4, 2020.

1. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I am okay with taking liberties as long as the main character is shown in true light. This movie makes career minded and women with ambition look like devils. A woman finds out her husband is gay, chooses to divorce him, finds out what this whole gay thing is all about, that too in a time when homosexuality was not even known, she concludes that the way to prevent families from breaking apart because of homosexuality is to accept them as a part of society instead of ignoring them. Why should she take so much trouble? Why didn't they explore this aspect? To avoid controversy and lawsuits I guess. Her family might have hated her, she might have an unpleasant woman, but a true and unbiased stance could have been taken in my view.

Angela123 likes this.
  2. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

It may very well be that your allegation of bias, by movie makers based on daughter’s version, is true.
    But unless we hear about a different perspective from some close friend or family of Shakuntala, we’d not know. Until then, we may have our suspicions but no clear alternative story.

sarvantaryamini likes this.