1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sexual Favous for a Signature - My short story in Dinamalar

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 29, 2007.

1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Thankyou so much for taking your time and posting it English.
    as usual...., its a very good write up and i think women should have the courage and guts to face the situation and handle it.

Will be waiting for some more from you.

cheers
    sreelatha

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

SHE 15 Posted!

Most Gracious ILites,

Either because Shalini's would-be died, or because Shalini was in trouble, or because we had an active database problem, SHE 14 did not enjoy the reception its predecessors did.

Having written for donkey's years I have the ability, thank God, to tweak the story a little bit and increase my TRP rating. But I am not going to do that, ladies. Because I want you to read a real story written not to please you, but as it occurred to the author. I am not presumptuous enough to think that I am writing the story to convey a message. A story is a story and it need not contain an ulterior message to deserve its place. We do not dance to get to the other end of the room. We can do it more efficiently by running. Then why do we dance? We dance because we want to. Period.

I want you to be in this state of mind as you read the future episodes. Many ILites wrote to me saying that they are praying for Shalini's welfare. Please do not do that ladies. Shalini is a character of fiction. She is a figment of my imagination. That's all. Instead divert your prayers, your prayerful thoughts to those who need the most. Those who have sought it in our community threads.

Now SHE 15 is in your hands. Tell me what do you think of her.

With love to all and malice to none,

3. ruchis

ruchis New IL'ite

Wow !! Whata powerful story..if only all daughters have this presence of mind.

4. varalotti

Satan Quoting The Verses... Again

Most Gracious Ladies,

Have you heard the Satan Quoting the Vedas? Do you think Satan will do a good job or mess up things as usual?

To know it first hand visit my latest Wednesday's thread, Satan Quoting the Vedas... Again..

regards,

5. BinduVeera

BinduVeera New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Sridhar Sir for taking time out to transalte the article into english.
    It was powerful as usual. Hope all daughters have this presence of mind!!

6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear VR,

I grabbed sometime after a long time to read. One of my readings was your short story in Dinamalar based on Sexual harassment. I got to read it in Tamil (thai mozhi aachey!).

Once again a great short story and you convey a great message to ladies on how to handle such a situation smartly. Could a daughter made her father feel ashamed better than this way for such a mean act?

As Kamla said, by God's grace many of us are sparred of such harrasment. But I could just visualize how bad it would feel for a woman being through such mean act. Stories like yours should be inspiring ladies to handle such situations well.

Malathy

7. varalotti

Thanks ruchi for the kind words. They do mean a lot to me.
    regards,

8. varalotti

I am happy you liked the story, Bindu. The mission I have in writing is to empower the woman of this country. No, it is not true. Women have great power and my mission is just to make them realise their own power.
    Thanks for the kind words,
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Malathy,

It's a privilege, a pleasure, an honour to get a post from the Boss herself. I am moved and touched. Thanks.

I conceived this story in Tamil and it was written in just half an hour's time with just a single flow. I never stopped in the middle. And Dinamalar could discern this and did not touch a word or change a comma.

The main reason some men stoop to such a level is that they forget their daughters and sisters. So the severest blow could come only from these people. As I told Bindu, there are many things that a women can do. I am not even suggesting that my writings empower women; they simply point to the weapons our women have in their armory. And if the women get the message right, the battle is already won.

I know how busy you are. Thanks for your time in reading the story and posting a review.

regards,

10. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

It looks like you have not read my posts where I have brought out what is being done in India by people like my wife who are working hard day in day out to solve such problems. Without taking credit from the story by varalotti, I would like to pint out that it is based on the sheer coincidence of both fathers having grown up daughters and working with the opposite father which is a rare situation. There is a famous supreme court judgement in this matter which I have quoted in my post and an act is pending before Indian Parliment. I have also given the link to an excellent article where it has been detailed what ladies should do and what not to do in these situations. It is a pity that these things have been ignored by Ilites.

Regards,

TDU