1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Blouse Cutting & Stitching Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Varloo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

re: Latest Salwar Kameez Chudidar Patterns, Blouse Cutting & Teddy Bear Making

hai Beryl,

Welcome to IL. I think I am the first to view the latest patterns. attractive pattern with rich look and style. thanks for sharing.

2. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vanaja,

In the blouse draft you have mentioned 0-7 is 1/12" chest + 1/2". When i calculate for 38" chest it comes to 3.1+1/2 which is 3.6". But when i check the old blouse the neck width id not coming so much its around 2.75"-3" only. Then 0-5 its coming to 3.65 where as in old blouse it is oly 2.75"-3". Is this calculation correct or am i making any mistake.

If i keep 3.6" width for neck would it be very broad. Can you please clarify it.

Thanks
    Krs

Attached Files:

3. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Re: stitching queries

Hi,

In the blouse draft you have mentioned 0-7 is 1/12" chest + 1/2". When i calculate for 38" chest it comes to 3.1+1/2 which is 3.6". But when i check the old blouse the neck width id not coming so much its around 2.75"-3" only. Then 0-5 its coming to 3.65 where as in old blouse it is oly 2.75"-3". Is this calculation correct or am i making any mistake.

If i keep 3.6" width for neck would it be very broad. Can you please clarify it.

Thanks
    Krs

Attached Files:

4. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Re: stitching queries

Hi Kusum,

can you let me know where to buy french curve in Hyderabad?can you also let me know where in Hyderabad I can find tailoring materials?I heard of a shop in Badi chowdi which sells kundans,laces and other stuff,but would tailoring materials be available there?or any other shop in general bazaar etc?

5. sahitya0001

sahitya0001 New IL'ite

Hai Vanaja,

How are you? Actually i was searching for blouse cuuting details in the net. I found your description of blouse cutting. It would be very helpful to person like me. But i 'm unable to download the drafts of the cuttings. I'm registered user of the site. But still i wasn't able to download/open it. Kindly let me know how i would be able to open the file.

Thanks & Regards
    Sahitya

6. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Doubt in Blouse cutting pls help...

Hi,

In the blouse draft it has mentioned 0-7 is 1/12" chest + 1/2". When i calculate for 38" chest it comes to 3.1+1/2 which is 3.6". But when i check the old blouse the neck width id not coming so much its around 2.75"-3" only. Then 0-5 its coming to 3.65 where as in old blouse it is oly 2.75"-3". Is this calculation correct or am i making any mistake.

If i keep 3.6" width for neck would it be very broad and as well as for the shoulder the calculation is coming around 4.75". Can somebody please clarify it.

Thanks
    Krs

Attached Files:

7. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: Doubt in Blouse cutting pls help...

Hi Krs,

There seems to be some confusion in what you are saying. You say 0-7 and 0-5 both to be same in your old blouse. This cannot be. Please verify.

0-7 depends on what type of blouse you wear - open neck or closed neck. In case of closed neck, 0-7 will be lesser than that in open neck blouse. The standard measurement is 1/12 chest for calculating 0-7.

Some people measure 5-7 the width of which is usually 3 - 4" as a standard measure.

Hope this helps you in deciding how much you want keep 0-7.

8. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

Re: Doubt in Blouse cutting pls help...

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will recheck my old blouse and redo it.

Krs

9. manm201981

manm201981 New IL'ite

Hi,

very good draft

10. maryram

maryram New IL'ite

teddy bear making pattern

pls tell me how can i making fur dolls like teddy and dog dolls etc... i need cutting and stiching patterns also.:roll: