Severe lower back pain during second trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by galwidpassion, Jun 12, 2013.

1. galwidpassion

galwidpassion Silver IL'ite

Hi friends

Am in my second trimester now. I am facing severe lower back ache. This ache is very weird. I dont have it all the times but whenever i get i feel lot of pain.

For eg: If I am climbing the footpath from the road, on the left side of my lower back, I get very very sharp pain. It is very intense that tears come automatically to my eyes. In the night also, when am sleeping, If i cough or move from one side to another, I get this sharp pain. These days, every night am waking up with that pain.

Is it serious? Has any one experienced this? I want to go to doctor ,but she is not available till next week. So should I consult any other doctor on this pain or can i wait till the doctor comes? Does this pain indicate any serious problem?

Please help..am very worried because of this.

2. galwidpassion

Can any one please reply? Am worried that this may be a warning for something severe.... plss plss

3. nandhini4

nandhini4 Bronze IL'ite

I too face the same proble..Dont worry for this...While sleeping please sleep in side ways...Garlic juice you drink...you will get relief from the back pain...

sindmani and galwidpassion like this.
  4. galwidpassion

Thanks nandhini .... I will try to drink it. Am sleeping sideways only...which month are you in now?

5. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear,

I totally empathize with your condition and I know how painful it is. But first let me start by telling you this kind of pain is nothing you should worry about. You can wait to see your doctor next week.

Having said that let me explain the probable cause of a pain of this type. A women’s body goes through numerous changes during the pregnancy. Imagine if you have a house guest visiting to stay over for a few months. You need to make space for that person, clear a room, and find closet space isn't it?

So your pelvis has to squeeze in some space for the growing uterus and the baby. So a hormone relaxing softens the pelvis joints making them more flexible for the growing baby.

What can you do about the pain? Identify the causes of the pain, activities that aggravate them and you will have to do physical activities within that available window and rest before the pain starts.

Feel free to keep in touch with any further issues.
    Take care…

6. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Rakhi....this is just how my Doc had explained me when I was carrying my DS.

So galwidpassion...just avoid activities that aggravate such pain & sleep sideways...Also keep yourself hydrated, eat at 2 hrs interval & do some physical activity like yoga or walking.

good luck with your pregnancy.

sindmani likes this.
  7. galwidpassion

Thank you Rakhi.. Your reply is really helpful :)
    thanks DG, I will try to go for yoga or walking

8. geethasuresh87

geethasuresh87 New IL'ite

Back pain during pregnancy is normal but your case seems severe. Do you slouch? Try to bend backward during standing to balance your weight better. Second trimester is also the toughest time - one feels quite sick during this period and mood swings are also common. Try to relax more often, consciously. If your back pain persists, visit a good Hospital and get an opinion. Back pain should never be avoided for long, in any case.

9. chandans

chandans New IL'ite

Back pain in pregnancy is normal. If u feel severe pain please consult with a orthopedic doctor.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  10. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

If you are also experiencing sharp pulling/stabbing pain near your right/left hip bone along with back pain, then its normal pain - called Round Ligament Pain. I am currently in my 17th week and have been experiencing this. Its basically the uterus stretching for baby and will disappear in a few weeks as your pregnancy progresses.

Best is to check it out with your gynae for your own peace of mind...take good care of yourself and don't hesitate to ask your doctor about any doubts.