1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Severe cough

Discussion in 'Infants' started by AnithaPartha, Apr 8, 2010.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anandumom & all Ladies,

I need some urgent suggestions !!

Rithik is 4months old. He had his 4th month vaccination just last tue and since then his temp is going up & down(max-99, min-96) but not >99 at all.. But worrying thing is that he is having dry cough.. He coughs like elders.. He is very uncomfy when he coughs.

Feeding is normal. He is taking both BM & Formula alternatively.. No other issues and has good wt gain also(6kgs right now)

We also took him to ped and doc checked his throat 3 times and said nothing is there and she says may be due to 2 reasons:
    1. drooling is more so lot of saliva is getting collected in throat so cough
    2. due to reflux

no med were given & we came bac but still he is coughing.. cough gets more & more and not knowing what to do..

any of you faced such things.. kindly let me know

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitha
    Wow...what a change in (no so little) Rithik! Now perhaps we may have to call him Mr. Chubby.

Have you tried a humidifier? You can get Vicks Vapor Steam at the drugstore to put in the water (for a steam vaporizer). That might help.

BTW, just mentioning....my grandmother's name was Anita.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Ur LO is very sweet!
    Try giving oum water with tulsi juice...i have tried it with ved and it works really well.Provided u get the ingredients that is...

Deepa.

4. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Anitha,
    Are you still switching on the heat? If so, you definitely need a humidifier.
    Even if you are not switching on the heat, I think humidifier will solve the problem.

BTW, your LO is very cute

5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi mridusudha,

Nope. Heaters are OFF automatically longtime back. We also got one cool humidifier which we are using it. Ped suggested warm one in winter but since summer is ahead we are using cool one itself..

Moreover, am still wondering how come lotsa dust inside our apart when we dont even open and keep single windows here.. MIL came from India and also asking the same.. In USA how come lot of dust like India :)

I commented - dust is everywhere

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010