1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Severe Constipation Problem for my SON. Please suggest Home remedies

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by brahan, Jul 13, 2010.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

HI All,

My son is 26 month Old. Off Late he has been suffering from Severe Constipation Problems and finds very difficult to Pass the Stool. He is a very Cheerful child in the School. But whenever he suffers he keeps crying in the School(At home too. Wer could find the uneasiness).Also he tries to hide behind the doors and doesnt allow us to touch him.

I am providing him adequate water and Veggies. He doesnt eat Fruits or Drinks Juice (I have tried to give him Banana. But he has got full aversion towards Fruits).

Please suggest me some Home remedies.Do i need to Consult Doctor for this. I am worried about this.Is it common for this Age Group of Children???

Expecting your Feedback.

Cheers,
    Brahan:thumbsup

2. shrustiga

shrustiga New IL'ite

hi friend
    give empty stmoache warm water one glass. after that only give milk or any thing another remedy give dry black grapes give to him

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Shrustiga...But is there any cause to it???

Cheers,
    Brahan:thumbsup

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Black grapes work.

Also if you get Kadukai in Tamil (Hirda in Hindi). Make it a paste and give it. It relieves constipation and makes digestion proper

5. Nitz

Nitz New IL'ite

i Brahan, my daughter has this problem, we've been treating her for this, do find a suitable doc, if left untreated, it may lead to anal fissures, which happened with my little girl, she is now recovering. Some home remedies/food to loosen the stool are. 1. Bananas, 2. beetroot - the best way is to give in halwa form, it works wonders, i read in a site, ADD some ghee to it 3. sweet corn kernels, u can get the tinned ones, 4. plenty of warm water. if he doesn't like to eat bananas, give him a in a milkshake form, or mix it with wheat flour, little sugar and form a paste, and fry in oil. its like a paniyaram, it will also help. avoid giving biscuits to some extent, give corn flakes, hope this will be helpful. All the best. I can understd how you;d feel, coz i was experiencing it with my daughter. take care.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Do you know Heeng?? asafoetida? that we use in tadkas which gives nice aroma??

Put a bit of it in water and apply that water onto the stomach of your son. just rub the water over his stomach for couple of times.

7. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Soake raisins in water overnight. And give it to your son the next morning. Don't leave the constipation untreated. Like Nitz said it could lead to anal fissures..So please consult your Paed as soon as possible.

8. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

In my daughters case, it was the full fat milk that was the culprit. I started diluting it 50% with water and that helped.

Diluted grape juice or apple juice was also recommended at my daughters daycare.

9. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all your FB. I tried the Dry Grapes..It seemed to have lot of effects...Daily giving him Keerai (Greens) and minimized the Number of Biscuits..

I will try the Kadukkai / Asafoetida if he still suffers...OR consult a dr

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

BeeAmma,
    Even, am giving full fat milk to my son.. is this the problem for constipation?