1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

settling down............

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by padma000, Feb 1, 2010.

1. padma000

padma000 New IL'ite

in arranged marriage, i understand we all might have come through this..
    where we initially might have been rejecting profiles ...for silly reasons..
    at what point of time, you thought it's too late to reject anymore and you badly
    needed a company when all your peers were settling down.......

2. lovelylife

lovelylife New IL'ite

When i started getting Rejections!!:) I stopped rejecting!

3. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

lovely
    what an excellent answer...same thing here..
    and my mom initially used to tell the same thing..you never know the seriousness unless you get rejected..beleive it when i was ready to accept..i literally had straight 4 rejects because of my age being 26+ at that time...even the normal looking ones rejected me..:hide:

4. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

I am by nature very talkative. Before I married my dh I saw one guy.
    Even during school and college days and also when I was working I used to always get more attracted to talkative guys and guys who would do all the fancy talk. But believe me when it came to seeing alliances and when this fancy talk guy came my way, I just ran as fast as I could because I got scared at the fact how we can get together under one roof this way. I wanted someone to listen to me and not talk like me. I did not want my clone!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

When dh came along, the one full sentence he spoke to me, during our first meeting, after 45mins of my continuous talking and his oh!, really?, is that so?, how nice?, wow!! .....was "Ok will see you again, I will make a move now".

That's all, I started liking this guy so much and then I realized that my attraction towards 'fancy talk' guys was mere infatuation......which wouldn't have worked for a life long marriage. Glad I realized it sooner!!

5. sowmyar

sowmyar New IL'ite

Gosh Tara, that was just hilarious, your DH's final full sentence :rotfl

Man, if only many of us were blessed likewise, with a good listener I mean...

Anyway, to answer OP I know exactly what you mean, especially since I too faced this 'rejection' spree after which my list of 'must haves' and 'nice to haves' got seriously tiny! Of course that could explain how I landed where I stand now since I must have missed one essential ingredient in the list - the prospective groom must be sane! :biglaugh