Setting up a New Home

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by Priya.siddardh, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Priya.siddardh

Priya.siddardh New IL'ite

HI All
    I’m priya new to this forum .Right now I’m in Hyderabad I will be landing there in Dubai after few months (after my marriage) please give me suggestions regarding what to bring and what not to bring from India which includes(Kitchen ware,Beding,Household items, Groceries, Home appliances)to setup a new family(me & my hubby).

Thanks in Advance
    Priya.

2. Bindu Thomas

Bindu Thomas Senior IL'ite

Dear Priya,
    Everything available here in Dubai. Right now enjoy ur before marriage days :bananaand enjoy your wedding :partyand come to Dubai excited to set up new home... We are here to guide u on where u can find things (ur hubby might already know the shops)...Have fun....:thumbsup

3. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hello priya

you just relax and enjoy for now,everything and anything is available n dubai,here in IL everyone can help you out the shops and places.but still if there is something you use in particaular then do bring it along,otherwise you get evrything here

wish you luck for your wedding.

take care
    jess

4. Priya.siddardh

HI bindu

I felt vry happy by seeing reply ,a feeling of some one is there 4 me giving me a pleasure thanks 2 indus ladies ...

Thanks alot
    Priya.

5. Priya.siddardh

HI Jess

Thank you for your wishes.

i heard that in dubai everthing is costly n my fiance also buyed prestige cooker for his frn when he came to india thats y i have posted this query.
    So that i can buy some appliances at reasonable price in india.

Take care
    Priya.

6. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hi priya
    its defintely costly when you compare it to india and even otherwise ,bt when we choose to live here we dont have much options.but if dont have neough baggage u can bring some kitchen items,when i came i heard the same stories about pressure cooker,but i did nt bring naything,bough everythin from here.
    if u want u can bring some steel vessels,coz i found it a little expensive and also most of them got poiled fast for me.

take care